Julien Faubert

united_james

Re: Julien Faubert

Faubert has been truly awful for West Ham this season. He suffered a terrible injury and that appears to have affected his lightning pace, which was the main part of his game.

I'm sure he hasn't shown his true form at West Ham and I do hope that he regains it at Real Madrid. But, it's highly doubtful. Maybe the Spanish league will suit him better and he'll have more time on the ball to thrive?

It was a strange move though and, as a West Ham fan, I hope he is truly amazing at Real Madrid and they steam in with a £20million bid and throw in Higuain too!

However, I think the reality will be that he hardly gets a game and West Ham will offload him to the highest bidder in the summer. I'd be very surprised if he made any sort of impact.

Some players don't adapt to the English game, maybe Faubert is one of them. A few players have done better since returning abroad after ilfated stays in the Premiership, Freddie Kanoute became a class act Sevilla after not quite living up to his potential as Tottenham. Claudio Pizarro is back on from since leaving Chelsea and returning to Germany are a couple of players that spring to mind.

• 3 weeks later...

I think Faubert may be a "sleeping giant", but reality is that he had rather poor season for West Ham and he plays same place with Higuain, which means that Real won't really play him a lot. I think he actually could have adapted to English football very well, I heard he played well the end of the last season for West Ham, but has struggled this season and that it had something to do with his former injury (or does it ?). He played in 19 matches for West Ham this season, so maybe it isn't the injury after all. I believe in his long term potential though, because of what I saw him to do in Bordeaux + that he was capped quite young and scored a goal in his debut, if I don't mistake. He used to be a huge promise and he could rise well, but probably not when he comes to Real to compete with Higuain after having a poor form in West Ham. Although I heard that Madrid had some problems with playing wings so maybe they prefer Higuain as a striker ? Don't know, haven't really seen them play.