Sign in to follow this  
Motty

SM Improvements - Complaint

I'm not happy with some of the "improvements" SM have been making to the game, not just this week, but over a while.

For a start, they took away the owners powers in Setups to a certain extent. Yes you can have advanced rules, but apart from that you cant add your own little rules, only the ones SM added to the advanced rules system, they cant reverse transfers now, so the rules you set are less flexible. Now, you can either buy from unmanaged or you cant. No mid-point. In one of my setups, I said you couldnt buy from unmanaged teams in top 2 divisions. With this silly advanced rule - how do I police that? However, the transfer window rule was good. Also, you have to go through a debacle of sending support tickets to get managers removed etc, you cant kick them like before.

Then, what do they do? They upgrade the bleedin PM system. But how?? They allow you to set the messages into categories (General Message, player enquiry). Why?? It was perfectly fine as it was before, coz u could tell if it was a player enquiry as the players name appeared in the title.

What else..uh. Oh yeah, they change the name from SETUP to GAMEWORLD. What a load of crud!! If thats the best you can do, then dont bother.

Also, they add International Management to GC's. Only its offered at random!!!! Allow it in customs where u can offer international jobs to your mates and compete with each other with international teams. GC's are an absolute disgrace, the big teams are hard to get. I think it would be great if SM had international management in custom setups and you could pick International teams you want to manage and offer them to your mates. But, no, they only allow it in their precious GC's.

SM - Your improvements are abysmal

P.S: They keep raising GM prices as well. Thats poor.

And most importantly, the tactics system. Yes, it needed improving, but boy have they made a mess of improving it. Now I struggled to understand it, and when I did understand it, it took ages to sort it out. Might as well have not bothered improving it if thats what they were going to do, but I admit the tactics system possibly needed improving.

Re: SM Improvements - Complaint

I'm ignoring the rest because I don't want to get into an arguement. but with regards to this part, only today I was sat around my work colleagues who was all talking about the fact they got emails offering them half price GM's. So they must be bringing them down, not up.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Like Oghash, I will refrain from replying to your objections on the improvements made in the game as a whole. Just wanted to make the comment that SM is free to all to play 24/7, and if you want to buy a GC, which is about the cost of one night at the movies, or a couple of hamburger meals, and for that you have nightly enjoyment 24/7, not a bad return for what is clearly the best football management around.....IMO. :)

Like Oghash' date=' I will refrain from replying to your objections on the improvements made in the game as a whole. Just wanted to make the comment that SM is free to all to play 24/7, and if you want to buy a GC, which is about the cost of one night at the movies, or a couple of hamburger meals, and for that you have nightly enjoyment 24/7, not a bad return for what is clearly the best football management around.....IMO. :)[/quote']

e.g someone who doesn't try to nitpick and enjoys life ^^ :rolleyes:

as for SM, I've pretty much left the game now so I can't comment on much of it, but there is no way that SM would keep going up in GM price.

I'm not happy with some of the "improvements" SM have been making to the game' date=' not just this week, but over a while.

For a start, they took away the owners powers in Setups to a certain extent. Yes you can have advanced rules, but apart from that you cant add your own little rules, only the ones SM added to the advanced rules system, they cant reverse transfers now, so the rules you set are less flexible. Now, you can either buy from unmanaged or you cant. No mid-point. In one of my setups, I said you couldnt buy from unmanaged teams in top 2 divisions. With this silly advanced rule - how do I police that? However, the transfer window rule was good. Also, you have to go through a debacle of sending support tickets to get managers removed etc, you cant kick them like before.[/quote']

I agree, in a way. It now takes a few days to have transfers reversed, rather than a second, and sometimes you can't fit all the rules into the Description as it's not big enough, therefore you are unable to kick certain members for breaking the rules.

But, at the same time, I was once kicked in a custom setup for no reason at all. When I PM'd the manager he said it was because I refused to sell him a player. And if people keep on abusing it like this, it ruins it for everybody, so SM had to do something.

Then' date=' what do they do? They upgrade the bleedin PM system. But how?? They allow you to set the messages into categories (General Message, player enquiry). Why?? It was perfectly fine as it was before, coz u could tell if it was a player enquiry as the players name appeared in the title.[/quote']

I like the new PM system. :) I now know what game world, what player, what club the manager is at, etc. It wasn't perfectly fine before:- I for one was getting loads of messages asking for a player when I had him in about 10 of my teams, and it was a right pain. Don't know about anyone else.

What else..uh. Oh yeah' date=' they change the name from SETUP to GAMEWORLD. What a load of crud!! If thats the best you can do, then dont bother.[/quote']

Big whoop. What difference does to it make to you? :confused: They changed it so it fit in with the language changes, as there is no word for 'Setup' (or it has a different meaning) in some languages.

Also' date=' they add International Management to GC's. Only its offered at random!!!! Allow it in customs where u can offer international jobs to your mates and compete with each other with international teams. GC's are an absolute disgrace, the big teams are hard to get. I think it would be great if SM had international management in custom setups and you could pick International teams you want to manage and offer them to your mates. But, no, they only allow it in their precious GC's.

SM - Your improvements are abysmal[/quote']

I agree on this, sort of. I think having them in GC's are fine. There's not a lot of extra stuff you get for being a GM, and something as big as this surely has to only go to people who pay for it.

You're not missing out anyway - for some reason there is no factors in matches and results are completely random. Morale, tactics, ability, positions, fitness, etc mean nothing.

And anyway, SM are looking at creating World Cup Game Worlds soon, and International ones.

I'm a bit confused about this' date=' as they raised them, said it was a mistake, lowered them and instantly raised them again.

Either way, a few quid isn't the end of the world and we are in a credit crunch. And you don't have to pay if you don't want to. Although it would have been nice to receive a message telling us prices were going to change, rather than suddenly advertising a higher price and claiming the prices are now half-price.

And most importantly, the tactics system. Yes, it needed improving, but boy have they made a mess of improving it. Now I struggled to understand it, and when I did understand it, it took ages to sort it out. Might as well have not bothered improving it if thats what they were going to do, but I admit the tactics system possibly needed improving.

I agree it's not easy to look at, but I'm finally getting used to it now. If you don't have the time for the advanced stuff, then just don't use it. Pick your team as per normal, choose your team style, tactics and formation all on on e screen. To make subs just go to In-game instruction, click create, drag some subs onto the starters, change the time, click save.

Just have some patience. ;)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

I'm not happy with some of the "improvements" SM have been making to the game' date=' not just this week, but over a while.[/quote']

Hi Motty,

Thank you for your feedback and I will just build on what Luke has already posted.

For a start' date=' they took away the owners powers in Setups to a certain extent. Yes you can have advanced rules, but apart from that you cant add your own little rules, only the ones SM added to the advanced rules system, they cant reverse transfers now, so the rules you set are less flexible. Now, you can either buy from unmanaged or you cant. No mid-point. In one of my setups, I said you couldnt buy from unmanaged teams in top 2 divisions. With this silly advanced rule - how do I police that? However, the transfer window rule was good. Also, you have to go through a debacle of sending support tickets to get managers removed etc, you cant kick them like before.[/quote']

Soccer Manager took note that some managers within our community have their own rules/gentlemen ageements within their own Custom Game Worlds, and due to this ‘Advanced Rules’ were introduced.

Previously the only options you had once you had created your Custom Game World was in relation to entry requirements. This means that you could set a ‘Manager Reputation Entry Level’, and ‘Access’ - in Public/Private.

However some managers put a small description in their ‘Custom Game World Description’ which included rules/gentlemen agreements within their Custom Game Worlds. Some of these rules included no buying from unmanaged or external clubs, no buying players over the age of x, no buying players over the age of y etc.

However no matter who was involved in your Custom Game World, whether it was friends, relatives, work colleagues, strangers or similar, it was hard to police the rules/gentlemen ageements within your Custom Game World. Solution? We introducted ‘Advanced Rules’ for Custom Game Worlds which managers can pre-select at the start of each season, and these rules will are enforced by SM and can not be broken due to the AI.

In relation to not being able to remove managers or reverse transfers from your Custom Game World you can read an article of why we did this here.

I think this part is key and Luke touched on this in his response:

"Just to highlight the number of ‘bad’ setup owners, since we launched the ‘SMFA Removal’ request facility around 7 days ago, we have had over 1,400 requests of which only 148 have been approved. That means in the last week over 1,200 managers would have been booted from their clubs for no good reason!

Many reasons were for things such as ‘I want my mate to be manager Liverpool’, ’He sent me an abusive PM’, ’He has multiple accounts’ or ‘He is doing cheating transfers’, and then when we investigated this we found out that the reports were false. So you can imagine over the last 18 months just how many thousands of users have been removed completely unfairly."

Now if you believe a manager has broken your additional rules within your Custom Game World Description Box or has broken the Terms of Use they agreed to you will need to submit a Support ticket under cheating. We will then investigate your allegations and taken the appropriate action if necessary (and therefore only those that deserve removing will be removed).

Then' date=' what do they do? They upgrade the bleedin PM system. But how?? They allow you to set the messages into categories (General Message, player enquiry). Why?? It was perfectly fine as it was before, coz u could tell if it was a player enquiry as the players name appeared in the title.[/quote']

If you do not wish to receive any Global Messages as you believe it is 'useless' then you can simply switch of this feature.

What else..uh. Oh yeah' date=' they change the name from SETUP to GAMEWORLD. What a load of crud!! If thats the best you can do, then dont bother.[/quote']

If you do not visit the SM News (formerly SM Blog) or subscribe to it then I highly recommend that you do as we post all announcements in relation to work in progress, new features/improvements and important messages within it.

At the time we explained that we had to change the word 'setup' due to problems translating the word into other languages other than English.

Also' date=' they add International Management to GC's. Only its offered at random!!!! Allow it in customs where u can offer international jobs to your mates and compete with each other with international teams. GC's are an absolute disgrace, the big teams are hard to get. I think it would be great if SM had international management in custom setups and you could pick International teams you want to manage and offer them to your mates. But, no, they only allow it in their precious GC's.

SM - Your improvements are abysmal[/quote']

International Management is exclusive to Gold Championships and therefore we will not be introducing it to Custom Game Worlds. However, that said we are still working on improving this aspect of the game and we are listening to members of our community in relation to this.

We also explained why (again please visit the SM News) the international jobs are offered on a random basis so I will not go into detail here.

Again if you visit the SM News you will find out that we will be creating Classic International Game Worlds and International Game Worlds in the coming months and you will be able to compete in these with your friends.

The game is FREE to play and you are under no obligation to upgrade your account to become a Gold Member.

However' date=' if you do it will cost (dependent on the price on offer at the time) £14.99 for 12 months which works out at around £0.28 per week. If you decide to renew your membership it will cost (dependent on the price on offer at the time) £7.99 for 12 months which works out at around £0.15 per week.

We believe that the above prices are reasonable and are exceptional value to those that want to upgrade their account in relation to other similar online games.

If you are having difficulties in relation to the new tactics interface then you can visit the Online Help, read on of the General Help/FAQ articles on the SM News or even ask for advice within the relevant help thread within General Help (on the SM Forum).

Anyway thank you for your feedback Motty as we take all constructive posts whether positive/negative on board as our game is community driven and we have introduced a lot of new features/improvements which members of our community have suggested as well as edited/changed them after feedback in our communications.

However' date=' if you do it will cost (dependent on the price on offer at the time) £14.99 for 12 months which works out at around £0.28 per week. If you decide to renew your membership it will cost (dependent on the price on offer at the time) £7.99 for 12 months which works out at around [b']£0.15 per week.[/b]

You cant even get a packet of crisps or can of pop for that these days...!! ;):P

Right, well after reading all your replies, I am making this post:

In regards to GM prices, they have gone up. I have two or three accounts (one is a soon to expire GM) and I was planning on getting GM on another account. Before it was £19.99 + A Custom, I thought "A little high, but I will pay" but now its up to £21.99 :o with a custom, so yes it has increased for basic members and could continue to do so.

As for the person who told me not to use the advanced stuff if I dont like them (Seftinho I think), then what are you suggesting? I keep it basic and get beat?

Ste Gore, I found your post very interesting :) and thank you for that post. But, I still dont understand why some of the improvements were made (either that or I am unhappy with the reasons given, but there isnt much I can do about that). When making an "improvement", I think maybe sending an email to everybody on the game everytime one of these "improvements" happens (and state the reasons) would be better, just a thought :)

I wasnt trying to make enimies with this thread, I was unhappy with some of the improvements and I felt I had the right to show that, I didnt post swear words or anything like that, I kept my comments reasonable.

Also, with regards to Global Messages, which I didnt actually mention. I think having them is a good idea to a certain extent (e.g when you want your friends to join your setup maybe) but what if there is a select few who you dont want to get the message (maybe they just added you randomly or something like that). You cant take anybody out of the global message, It just goes to everybody within your friends list/game world/fan club etc.

The worst "improvement" ever SM made is locking all the customs without an owner. I understand it's to try to gain more money but it's really unfair for those managers who have a team in one of those customs from long. Personally, I don't think that you're going to gain much more money from this as I think that people prefer to make a new custom rather than buy an old one...

The worst "improvement" ever SM made is locking all the customs without an owner. I understand it's to try to gain more money but it's really unfair for those managers who have a team in one of those customs from long. Personally' date=' I don't think that you're going to gain much more money from this as I think that people prefer to make a new custom rather than buy an old one...[/quote']

This is annoying. I was going to buy a custom the other day but they should give you some incentive, i.e. more money or transfer of a player or two from an unmanagable club

Right' date=' well after reading all your replies, I am making this post:

In regards to GM prices, they have gone up. I have two or three accounts (one is a soon to expire GM) and I [b']was[/b] planning on getting GM on another account. Before it was £19.99 + A Custom, I thought "A little high, but I will pay" but now its up to £21.99 :o with a custom, so yes it has increased for basic members and could continue to do so.

As for the person who told me not to use the advanced stuff if I dont like them (Seftinho I think), then what are you suggesting? I keep it basic and get beat?

Ste Gore, I found your post very interesting :) and thank you for that post. But, I still dont understand why some of the improvements were made (either that or I am unhappy with the reasons given, but there isnt much I can do about that). When making an "improvement", I think maybe sending an email to everybody on the game everytime one of these "improvements" happens (and state the reasons) would be better, just a thought :)

I wasnt trying to make enimies with this thread, I was unhappy with some of the improvements and I felt I had the right to show that, I didnt post swear words or anything like that, I kept my comments reasonable.

Also, with regards to Global Messages, which I didnt actually mention. I think having them is a good idea to a certain extent (e.g when you want your friends to join your setup maybe) but what if there is a select few who you dont want to get the message (maybe they just added you randomly or something like that). You cant take anybody out of the global message, It just goes to everybody within your friends list/game world/fan club etc.

I haven't touched the advanced features yet I'm still winning. You don't HAVE to use the advanced stuff if you don't want to.

Well, I think maybe you should be able to choose whether you want to use the new improvements or not.

E.g

1. New Tactics - I think There should be a bar somewhere saying "Old Tactics/Advanced Tactics", and you click on the ones you want to be using, and then you set your tactics.

Also, on your profile, I think you should be allowed to set which PM system you want.

But, why do the fair Game World owners have to send support tickets to get people removed or whatever. Why couldnt the Gameworld owners who abused their powers just be the ones who need to send support tickets?

Guest Phill

Is Agree With Chris On This One.

Im In A Setup, And It Has Been Locked By SMFA.

Its Bad Because Someone Quit Milan And They Have Been Robbed Of Their Best Players! Kaka Nesta Etc!

They Now Have A Small Squad of 18 Players i think.

Its Horrible!

And Its Boring Now Without An New Managers Joining.

I Have Barcelona! With a Great Team Great Depth Etc! And Im Even Thinking Of Quitting The Team I Have Had For More Than A Year!

Its Terrible!