Sign in to follow this  
shark786

Shirt Numbers

This is my first thread

Anyway I was just thinking wouldn't it be better if we had the ability to assign shirt numbers to our players, so if you had cristiano ronaldo and he was No.7 and he got injured, his replacement in the next match would not become the new No.7 but another number like 17. It would also be good if we were able to set all of our squads numbers so when they change positions there shirt numbers do not change

Re: Shirt Numbers

I'm all for it!

How about submitting your number list to the SMFA before the new season and you can't change it until the next season. You can give new signings their number when they join, whatever is available between.

I guess this could be silly with how many players some have 100+

I'm all for it!

How about submitting your number list to the SMFA before the new season and you can't change it until the next season. You can give new signings their number when they join' date=' whatever is available between.

I guess this could be silly with how many players some have 100+[/quote']

Im all for it, and DanW's suggestion was the best yet. If I had time, Id could consruct a screenshot of what it could look like, with all your squad with a textbox next to them where you can type in a number. The limit would be a two-digit number, so 99 is top. I know people have more than 99 players, so some players will go without numbers. If they were played, you'd have to offer them a number from another player.

Making a last minute edit. If a number has been picked' date=' then its 'locked' to them for the rest of the season. So just removed Hart's and Johnson's box.[/quote']

Oh yeah I forgot that. Shouldn't it be locked until their contract expires or until they get transferred? Idk, your opinion.

Oh yeah I forgot that. Shouldn't it be locked until their contract expires or until they get transferred? Idk' date=' your opinion.[/b']

Aaron Lennon was number 25 last season, but got given the number 7 by Juande Ramos this season. Also, Bellamys number will change next season, as he has 39, I reckon he'll get 9 or something.

Aaron Lennon was number 25 last season' date=' but got given the number 7 by Juande Ramos this season. Also, Bellamys number will change next season, as he has 39, I reckon he'll get 9 or something.[/quote']

Oh ok xD. I just don't know thaat much about the EPL, I just focus on the Serie A. I mean I watch Chelsea but.. =X

This has been on SM coming soon! ever since I joined SM in the summer..

And it has been suggested on the forum for ages.. seems nothing is being done about it but I did ask SM a couple of weeks ago and they said it will be added in the first few months of 2009..

I can't wait personally will be very fun giving your players squad numbers and its a lot more realistic..

This has been on SM coming soon! ever since I joined SM in the summer..

And it has been suggested on the forum for ages.. seems nothing is being done about it but I did ask SM a couple of weeks ago and they said it will be added in the first few months of 2009..

I can't wait personally will be very fun giving your players squad numbers and its a lot more realistic..

I'll wait for a Dev to comment on the thread, then I'll send a suggestion ticket in. If they are currently on with it, it may appear in the Westgate Setup.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

This is on the agenda as far as I know and I personally can't wait for it to happen. Apart from the cosmetic side to it, I think it will help managers when picking their sides. I also thought about managers with over 100 players on their books, perhaps SM could assign 98 numbers and the number 99 will be any other player from outside the top 98. I think the numbers should be reviewed every season as players come and go at an alarming rate. Hope it comes into effect soon.