Right now I'm listening to... (no explicit or football themed songs)

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Right now i'm listening to... Frightening to think this was 25 years ago! God, i'm getting old. Still great even now though, over to you Mr Astbury. Ji8VHEjVyVo

Guys, this is a fun thread I've seem in other Forums (mostly brazilian ones). You post the name of the music you are listening to, place a link if possible (so we all could listen to it), and rate th

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Re: Right now i'm listening to...

Perhaps my good friend Mr Loblaw could use this tune (Laughing Tackle) at his next midnight inaugruation meeting :D, this would be right up his alley. I can see him now bedecked in robes and candles all around as he hails in the eerie hours between midnight and the new dawn as the minions hang on to his every word.:P

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Beyond Sunrise by Quatermass. To all you young guys who are into techno, go on youtube and listen to this song from around 1970, might be pleasantly surprised. :)

Perhaps my good friend Mr Loblaw could use this tune (Laughing Tackle) at his next midnight inaugruation meeting :D' date=' this would be right up his alley. I can see him now bedecked in robes and candles all around as he hails in the eerie hours between midnight and the new dawn as the minions hang on to his every word.:P[/quote']

I can't say I've ever heard this song David, but I'm currently trying to download it (legally...honestly :o) so I can pass my judgement and decide how insulted/flattered I will be :P

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

I can't say I've ever heard this song David' date=' but I'm currently trying to download it (legally...honestly :o) so I can pass my judgement and decide how insulted/flattered I will be :P[/quote']

I first heard of them as a lad in 1970 and they were way off track for that time, I always liked them for some reason, listen to Beyond Surprise and how close it is to today's style of techno. I don't honestly know when they wrote that particular song but I know they originally started around the late 60's and early 70's then they morphed like Fleetwood Mac, only Fleetwood Mac's changes were not neccesarilly for the better, (Peter Green and Albatross) wow, they created great music under another style. I don't know where this lot went but the early stuff is the original three guys.:) let me know what you think, you can hear it on youtube.

I first heard of them as a lad in 1970 and they were way off track for that time' date=' I always liked them for some reason, listen to Beyond Surprise and how close it is to today's style of techno. I don't honestly know when they wrote that particular song but I know they originally started around the late 60's and early 70's then they morphed like Fleetwood Mac, only Fleetwood Mac's changes were not neccesarilly for the better, (Peter Green and Albatross) wow, they created great music under another style. I don't know where this lot went but the early stuff is the original three guys.:) let me know what you think, you can hear it on youtube.[/quote']

I can't seem to find anything on YouTube, any chance of a link? :o

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

I can't seem to find anything on YouTube' date=' any chance of a link? :o[/quote']

Bob, I'm useless with the comp :D, I have to get the frigging dog to switch it on :P.

Go into youtube and type in Quatermass, they have only 3/4 songs on youtube, I am listening to Beyond Sunrise right now on youtube. Laughing Tackle is you to a tee my friend lol, I can see you sweeping through the caves with your gown flowing regally behind you while this tune echoes through the chambers of the walls, a droning of the masses as you adorn them with your presence. Yes my friend, this song typifies all that I see in you, (and your beard) wow, (and the shades) you are truly a man of the darkness, a willowy shadow cascading through the midnight air, your followers erm, (following) you to the very depths of depravity in your world of demons. Yes, Laughing Tackle was written just for you my friend of the evening.

Bob' date=' I'm useless with the comp :D, I have to get the frigging dog to switch it on :P.

Go into youtube and type in Quatermass, they have only 3/4 songs on youtube, I am listening to Beyond [b']Sunrise[/b] right now on youtube.

Ah, you typed 'Beyond Surprise' in the first post but I've found it now, I'll give you my thoughts in a minute.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Ah' date=' you typed 'Beyond Surprise' in the first post but I've found it now, I'll give you my thoughts in a minute.[/quote']

I think I typed beyond tomorrow, a more apt title for a song I believe :P but yes, it is indeed, beyond Sunrise, my error, the beer is kicking in early tonight ha ha :eek:

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

I have always been "surprised" by the "sunrise" after some of the escapades in my drunken debauched life :P and the "sunrise" has always "surprised" me many's a time when I felt that I had spent my last night on this earth, again after some of the exploits of my youth, and dare I say, my on going decrepitude :D, so perhaps it was a freudian slip my friend when trying to write those ghastly words in one sentence, I do not know :P. It is indeed Beyond Sunrise, but Laughing Tackle is my gift to you my friend :P Enjoy the night.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Madboojah Project...Under a Scottish Skirt, another little ditty for you all on you tube :D A mixture Celt, Jewish, and an amalgam of many different cultures going on here. B) enjoy de'plus too.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

And I finish my musical frolic on this beautiful Friday evening, 88 degrees outside and counting with the one and only Mr Paul Simon and his rendition of "Still Crazy After All These Years" a genius of words and song.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Good bye to Love- The Carpenters' date=' ohh Karen how i miss you, you golden voiced bag of bones

Moonlight Shadow- Mike Oldfield [/center']

Awful steaming piles, of over sentimental horse dung,-magnificently rescued by two of the finest of Guitar solos ever.

:)

You still on the exotics Dave? :P

DamagePlan - Pride.

Only heard of these via the Dimebag Darrell stories, and due to the fact that the singer joined up with Killswitch Engage for the Download Festival in 2007 (I believe) due to a back injury to Adam. Very good band, I'd recommend.

RIP Dimebag.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

I have came full circle and I'm now listening to the main vein, the man, Mr Paul McCartney and Red Rose Speedway, to anyone who has an ounce of musical nous, listen to this album. McCartney has traversed the decades with his genius, take a listen to this album, especially with your girlfriend :D, on a rainy British night, oh how I miss home sometimes.

Youtube is unique because I can invite all my musical friends into my home and enjoy their genius as they unfurl memories of bygone days.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Fair to say your a bit of a fan then Dave?

I have loved The Beatles since the age of nine.:D. There will never be another group or songwriters like Lennon/McCartney and George Harrison "In his own write" get it? a John Lennon book ha ha. I am a fan of music, most genres, but singer songwriters with an acoustic guitar gives me goose bumps, the list is endless but Dylan, Paul Simon, Neil Young, as I say, the list goes on.

I don't know if you saw Ronaldo's comment on music recently? he was asked a question on music and replied, I know that Liverpool had The Beatles and Manchester have Oasis, I personally think Manchester won that one :eek:, Oasis are not even a good cover band for the fabs although I have to say I do think Noel Gallagher writes some nice tunes.

Sadly after spending the evening going through a whole suit case of 100's of long abandoned CD's, i can no longer add anything to this thread of any quaility.Instead I shall go and watch next generation on the telly.Only problem is I'm on my own, its late and if the episode features the Borg, i always end up with a terrifying vision of walking into the kitchen after it ends, only to be confronted by loads of them looking in through the window. So i usually dump my cup and leg it for the stairs only to glance behind me to see green strobe lights following me from the garden.:eek::eek:.I was so concerned last weekend i sat up till 3am watching upstairs-downstairs:(

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Sadly after spending the evening going through a whole suit case of 100's of long abandoned CD's' date=' i can no longer add anything to this thread of any quaility.Instead I shall go and watch next generation on the telly.Only problem is I'm on my own, its late and if the episode features the Borg, i always end up with a terrifying vision of walking into the kitchen after it ends, only to be confronted by loads of them looking in through the window. So i usually dump my cup and leg it for the stairs only to glance behind me to see green strobe lights following me from the garden.:eek::eek:.I was so concerned last weekend i sat up till 3am watching upstairs-downstairs:([/quote']

:D, its 6.20 here and I have just showered shaved and ready for the night, turned the volume up a bit and now listening to John Lennon live singing Well Well Well, wow, its gonna be a long night tonight my friend. :P I am IN THE MOOD TO SWING

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

NEIL YOUNG - LIKE A HURRICANE

-yxiu1o63CA&feature=related

Sorry Craig, Neil is brill, but I am listening to the early Beatles live, and in my lowly opinion, no-one comes even close to how tight these guys were. They are, and always will be number one, for the barriers they broke and for the beauty of their words and music, their harmonies, their playing, they have no equal in music.

Sorry Craig' date=' Neil is brill, but I am listening to the early Beatles live, and in my lowly opinion, no-one comes even close to how tight these guys were. They are, and always will be number one, for the barriers they broke and for the beauty of their words and music, their harmonies, their playing, they have no equal in music.[/quote']

Yes, I think Neil Young is class, but I don't think anyone will equal - ar as you say - even come close to what the Beatles did in their day.

I'm so high tonight after the email today about my song. (not high with drugs - but Scotland's other national drink - IRN BRU)

You can't beat a Sausage supper and a bottle of IRN BRU - LOL