Right now I'm listening to... (no explicit or football themed songs)

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Right now i'm listening to... Frightening to think this was 25 years ago! God, i'm getting old. Still great even now though, over to you Mr Astbury. Ji8VHEjVyVo

Guys, this is a fun thread I've seem in other Forums (mostly brazilian ones). You post the name of the music you are listening to, place a link if possible (so we all could listen to it), and rate th

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Re: Right now i'm listening to...

Yes' date=' I think Neil Young is class, but [b']I don't think anyone will equal - ar as you say - even come close to what the Beatles did in their day.[/b]

I'm so high tonight after the email today about my song. (not high with drugs - but Scotland's other national drink - IRN BRU)

You can't beat a Sausage supper and a bottle of IRN BRU - LOL

Those were the days my friend :D, can you believe that in my youth in Drumchapel, that was the highlight of my night sometimes :P, walking two miles to the chip van and buying a pie supper :eek:, halcyon days indeed. Billy Connolly lived in Drumchapel for a while (or so he says:p) and he called it a desert with windows, how aptly put and how right he was. There was absolutely nothing to do at night in the place. The chip shop is one of the things I truly miss over here, although I stopped eating meat about twenty five years ago now, I still yearn for a cheese pastie and chips :D. Anyway, I know I'm way off topic but well done again on getting your song promoted, you should be proud of yourself, great job, David.

I finally got a chance to listen to Quartermass, Dave. I was quite impressed. It is easy to see why they have went largely unheard of because a track like 'Before Sunrise' is way ahead of its time and often great innovators are often so out of step with popular thought, that they go below the radar (like The Velvet Underground for example).

I particularly enjoyed 'Laughin' Tackle', very foreboding and from now on will be my theme as I lurk through the night :P Sort of like the sound of an upcoming slightly jazzy apocalypse :D

Before Sunrise sounded like something out of 'Blade Runner' :eek: Which of course is no bad thing.

They have a great rhythm section it seems. The explorative style of the music is often more akin to jazz than rock which makes me think they'd be a formidable live experience (like other great expreimental, loose performers like The Allman Brothers Band and The Grateful Dead).

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

I finally got a chance to listen to Quartermass' date=' Dave. I was quite impressed. It is easy to see why they have went largely unheard of because a track like 'Before Sunrise' is way ahead of its time and often great innovators are often so out of step with popular thought, that they go below the radar (like The Velvet Underground for example).

I particularly enjoyed 'Laughin' Tackle', very foreboding and from now on will be my theme as I lurk through the night :P Sort of like the sound of an upcoming slightly jazzy apocalypse :D

Before Sunrise sounded like something out of 'Blade Runner' :eek: Which of course is no bad thing.

They have a great rhythm section it seems. The explorative style of the music is often more akin to jazz than rock which makes me think they'd be a formidable live experience (like other great expreimental, loose performers like The Allman Brothers Band and The Grateful Dead).[/quote']

Glad you approved Bob. I can just see those flowing locks of yours flailing in the breeze as the sound of Laughing Tackle blasts in the background as the minions hang onto your every demonic word with awe. Candles extinguishing as you breeze past them, almost as if you were gliding two foot off the ground, swirling incense cascading up towards the full moon in all its glory, yes Bob, Laughing Tackle was written specifically with you in mind I believe.:P

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

David (Belkevitz) - This classic is for you.

Have a few beers' date=' sit back and enjoy.[/color']

4eW-ZDKNSqM

Thank you for that Craig, almost brought a tear to an old man's eye. When I hear songs like this, I feel myself welling up inside with pride and almost reaching for the cheque book to buy an air ticket back home. Great song and great guitar picking too, omg where is my Andy Stewart records :P I'm in the mood now, just filled my glass with a large whisky and got Andy Stewart singing "Donald where's your troosers" See what you have done Craig :eek:, my wife has just went to work for a few hours and ordered me NOT to touch the hard stuff while she was away. Asking a Scot not to drink is like asking the Pope if he's a Catholic. Oh No Craig, look what you've done, playing Loch Lomond now with tears streaming "doon ma eyes man"

You can take the man out of the country but not the country out of the man, especially one as beautiful as Scotland.

Thanks again Craig for the song, I won't hold it against you when my wife comes home and finds me lying out in the back yard naked to the sounds of Flower Of Scotland :P

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Thank you for that Craig' date=' almost brought a tear to an old man's eye. When I hear songs like this, I feel myself welling up inside with pride and almost reaching for the cheque book to buy an air ticket back home. Great song and great guitar picking too, omg where is my Andy Stewart records :P I'm in the mood now, just filled my glass with a large whisky and got Andy Stewart singing "Donald where's your troosers" See what you have done Craig :eek:, my wife has just went to work for a few hours and ordered me NOT to touch the hard stuff while she was away. Asking a Scot not to drink is like asking the Pope if he's a Catholic. Oh No Craig, look what you've done, playing Loch Lomond now with tears streaming "doon ma eyes man"

You can take the man out of the country but not the country out of the man, especially one as beautiful as Scotland.

Thanks again Craig for the song, I won't hold it against you when my wife comes home and finds me lying out in the back yard naked to the sounds of Flower Of Scotland :P[/quote']

It's all good again Craig, no need to worry, I got myself back on track :P. I went out into the backyard and slipped into the pool as it's 90 degrees here and it's 7pm in the evening, and I remembered just why I like living here in the good ol' USA. My judgement was clouded by the guitar and the wails of Caledonia and for a moment the heart was yearning for "My Ain Folk" but a quick dip in the evening sun has got me back on track. I'm still drinking the whisky but by the time the wife get's home I think I will be able to take her, either that or I will be comatose and won't feel the pounding that she will most definitely inflict on my ravished alcoholic body. "Wha's Like Us?":p

Oops, forgot to mention that I'm listening to some Kris Kristofferson, Sunday Morning Sidewalks, pure magic

It's all good again Craig' date=' no need to worry, I got myself back on track :P. I went out into the backyard and slipped into the pool as it's 90 degrees here and it's 7pm in the evening, and I remembered just why I like living here in the good ol' USA. My judgement was clouded by the guitar and the wails of Caledonia and for a moment the heart was yearning for "My Ain Folk" but a quick dip in the evening sun has got me back on track. I'm still drinking the whisky but by the time the wife get's home I think I will be able to take her, either that or I will be comatose and won't feel the pounding that she will most definitely inflict on my ravished alcoholic body. "Wha's Like Us?":p

Oops, forgot to mention that I'm listening to some Kris Kristofferson, Sunday Morning Sidewalks, pure magic[/quote']

That's good, thought I'd depressed you there. It's not good weather here in Scotland at present. I've got a pool at the back of my house but unfortunately it's made by rain water. :D