Right now I'm listening to... (no explicit or football themed songs)

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Right now i'm listening to... Frightening to think this was 25 years ago! God, i'm getting old. Still great even now though, over to you Mr Astbury. Ji8VHEjVyVo

Guys, this is a fun thread I've seem in other Forums (mostly brazilian ones). You post the name of the music you are listening to, place a link if possible (so we all could listen to it), and rate th

Re: Right now i'm listening to...

Yeah' date=' your probably wondering why I listen to that yet have a MGMT sig lol :D I really have a diverse choice in music.

MSTRKRFT ft. John Legend - Heartbreaker[/quote']

I'm the same. I go from Extreme Metal to hip hop and all points in between.

A Life Once Lost - Maudlin

TqpZHXkxlcE

Guest TOM_HEMY

shame man' date=' I hoped you'd have a better taste in music :)

[center']SAYS IT ALL

1078f.jpg[/center]

Well I'm obviously amoung one of the teenage groups that like that sort of music then.

Mong. Yeah mate' date=' of course, and if you listen too that you clearly have problems that need sorting out (Get out and get a life?) So thats the stuff you freaks listen too? That and Nirvana :o

Worst song i've ever heard. If i'm a mong because thats clearly shiite, then only god knows what you are. ;)

And FAR, FAR more people listen too stuff on my playlist than what you 'call' music, but is actually either 1.) Milleniums Old or 2.) Just some guy who has no life and smokes weed, shouting in a mic.

Seriously mate, if you listen too that excuses of a song, I wouldn't take your opinion on my music taste seriously.

Sorry, thought we were just bearing eachother... but YOU calling my music taste a mong is an absolute joke.[/quote']

Didn't mention your music tastes, but your stereotyping of other peoples music is shocking and sometimes offensive, I'm just stating that to you every song with a guitar riff in is either Emo or Greebo which is not the case.

Guest Toggs

Didn't mention your music tastes' date=' but your stereotyping of other peoples music is shocking and sometimes offensive, I'm just stating that to you every song with a guitar riff in is either Emo or Greebo which is not the case.[/quote']

What a load of BS. You may aswell have not responded.

Im not refering too every song with a guitar riff in though, am I. If you get on the glasses and stop brown-nosing anyone who listens too the excuses of music you do, you'll see I quoted a video. I was refering too that, not all songs with guitars in, which you can clearly see.

And try defending that as not being Emo, give it up. Of course it is.

Im not refering too every song with a guitar riff in though' date=' am I. If you get on the glasses and stop brown-nosing anyone who listens too the excuses of music you do, you'll see I quoted a video. I was refering too that, not all songs with guitars in, which you can clearly see.

And try defending that as not being Emo, give it up. Of course it is.[/quote']

hahaha the irony in that first sentence.

You do though, I'm not saying in that particular post but every time i have mentioned a song you've slated it to wind me up before now and it's bloody irritating, We have different opinions in music granted, but for gods sake if you can't see the problems with your post to xxxtreme then I cant see how you can have a go at me, your basically slating his music.

Im not refering too every song with a guitar riff in though' date=' am I. If you get on the glasses and stop brown-nosing anyone who listens too the excuses of music you do, you'll see I quoted a video. I was refering too that, not all songs with guitars in, which you can clearly see.

And try defending that as not being Emo, give it up. Of course it is.[/quote']

hahaha the irony in that first sentence.

You do though' date=' I'm not saying in that particular post but every time i have mentioned a song you've slated it to wind me up before now and it's bloody irritating, We have different opinions in music granted, but for gods sake if you can't see the problems with your post to xxxtreme then I cant see how you can have a go at me, your basically slating his music.[/quote']

Now now you 2... :eek:

Lets just stop this and get back to the music... :)

Is that a song? or have you broken into his house and listening from the next room ya stalker :eek: You get locked up for that kinda thing....
Peter Andre's barely music' date=' just an offensive noise. ;)

Doves - The Man Who Told Everything[/quote']

hahahaha trust me peeps its a song! :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRQDb3Cko3M&feature=player_embedded

I'll just step in here and say that I wasn't too keen on that. Most '-core' sub-genres never appeal to me.

And for the record, that song is near the complete opposite of 'emo' music. I wouldn't even call emo a music genre, as it's more of a clique and/or stereotype. If you had to give the music a style, I'd call it post-pop-punk, of which I am not a fan.

The thing that annoys us most is not that people dislike our music, no, in fact in today's society with varied cultures and tastes it's likely for every side of the argument. What annoys us is when people put a character to a genre. I myself was once a massive fan of Green Day, so I'd have people assuming I went round wearing black and carried a razor in my pocket for those kleenex moments, but I didn't. I have a friend who listens to Metallica, Slipknot, Papa Roach, and others (as well as The Beatles), but one of his favourite songs is none other than Kid Cudi's Day and Night. The important thing is to know the person before the music.

The battle of the genres is not so much a statement of 'our music is better than yours', which is of course an infinite argument, it is a case of 'respect me regardless of my tastes'.

Class dismissed. :)

Deleting my post eh :) Absolutly sums up everything I said in my post anyway. :rolleyes:

I deleted it actually. It turned the discussion from a 'my opinion is more accurate than yours' debate, which is perfectly acceptable within reason, into a 'you are just a horrible person' slanging contest, which is partly what I try to avoid. :)