Right now I'm listening to... (no explicit or football themed songs)

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Re: Right now i'm listening to...

30egIKHT-pM

I called my last daughter Katie Suzanne in honour of this song, she has never forgiven me,:P, but I think she still loves me, in a peculiar way.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Right now i'm listening to... Frightening to think this was 25 years ago! God, i'm getting old. Still great even now though, over to you Mr Astbury. Ji8VHEjVyVo

Guys, this is a fun thread I've seem in other Forums (mostly brazilian ones). You post the name of the music you are listening to, place a link if possible (so we all could listen to it), and rate th

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

YXuJXPd8C14

Ray Davies and Pete Townsend, you young un's don't know what you missed. Brilliant.

PS I love this guy, he is awesome and an icon of the 60's

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

DnomicEZXlY

For my friend, Dave the Izod, this is London at its best, Ray Davies, class act along with your very own Pete Townsend

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

hKUBTX9kKEo

There you go Dave, this is for you my friend, and to all you guys who don't know what the 60's where about....this is it. these guys were the business

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

t6Lp4w8wyy0

This is very close to how I have lived my life,(without the money ha ha) but I have understood that life is a toss of the dice so to to speak.

I like Reverend and the Makers' date=' as well as doing anything to humiliate the BNP. What do you get if you mix them together ?

[/quote']

Was unfortunate enough to have gone to one of the Revs gigs a couple of years ago for the Uni paper when there was a bit of a buzz around them and he's so full of himself it's just unbelievable. "How many current bands speak about politics and put it across as it is? Just us. We're the only ones." He's either peddling this rubbish in the hope that his fans know absolutely nothing outside of NME and mainstream music or he genuinely doesn't listen to much music himself. The amount of anti-Bush songs alone during the past 5-6 years was phenominal, and know theres a whole generation of new British bands recording anti-BNP stuff. Even bloody Lily Allens at it. The best of it was he'd already got a few heckles from people pointing out that their first album had absolutely no political content at all. So at the end of the gig he grabs an acoustic guitar and does a runner straight off the stage, through the crowd to his tour bus outside where he starts shouting a load of rubbish at the crowd about how his label are part of the problem, these are his new songs he's written and we should film them and put them on the internet to teach the label. Of course by that point everyones realised the blokes either a nutcase or an idiot anyway and he gets a load of grief from people shouting "Make poverty history, This is anarchy! Give peace a chance" and all that business.

Also for anyone that watches Peep Show, there's a priceless moment on the new Revs album. Jeremy's horrific song he records with Super Hans in one of the earlier series actually gets lyrics stolen from it by the Rev. The it's contagious/it's outrageous line actually made me spit out my drink when I first heard it. For a bloke who fancies himself as a bit of a linguist his lyrics have always been deeply disappointing. Sorry for that, I just have a lot of issues with McClure and his self-righteous propaganda. While he should be commended for his attitude to towards the BNP, his constant outbursts and criticisms of the music industry are just a joke until he makes better music himself. Good, fun music with no cause > Average, boring music with an agenda. Rant over.

Wild Beasts - Hooting and Howling

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

I'm more of the Sid Vicious version to this one :-)

rDyb_alTkMQ

Sid Vicious was a talentless bum, please don't put an a-hole like him on this thread.:eek: and to all you other guys , its a joke, but he was a talentless bum In My Opinion.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Sid Vicious was a talentless bum' date=' please don't put an a-hole like him on this thread.:eek: and to all you other guys , its a joke, but he was a talentless bum In My Opinion.[/quote']

Just listened to ten seconds of this armpit, if he was doing this as a joke, he failed, if he was doing this because he's a talentless bum, he failed. Best move he ever made was over dosing or whatever the hell he did to end his pathetic talentless life.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

The sex pistols were a joke as well. How ironic that the so called god fathers of UK punk were infact a manfactured band.

City & Colour - Confessions

Touche my fairweathered friend, another man with insight.They were a talentless bunch of crud who could barely muster three chords between them, now I never liked punk rock music but I could always tell when a guy could at least play his instrument, The Clash spring to mind as I write, not keen on them but at least they were talented guys. The Sex Pistols got their fan base from fools and low life who could barely count the fingers on their hands, and I guess I have to say they were marketed well. I am all for people having a go at the system, ask Dave Izod :P, but these d-heads played the same game as the politicians, they exploited an avenue and made big bucks off the degenerates who they thought were communicating to them. I could have smacked these fans with a baseball bat and they would have thought that was cool. It angers me that Britain produced some of the greatest modern artists of our time then we get these diks who come along with no talent and start spitting and shouting abuse and the half wits think this is great.:mad:

Touche my fairweathered friend' date=' another man with insight.They were a talentless bunch of crud who could barely muster three chords between them, now I never liked punk rock music but I could always tell when a guy could at least play his instrument, The Clash spring to mind as I write, not keen on them but at least they were talented guys. The Sex Pistols got their fan base from fools and low life who could barely count the fingers on their hands, and I guess I have to say they were marketed well. I am all for people having a go at the system, ask Dave Izod :P, but these d-heads played the same game as the politicians, they exploited an avenue and made big bucks off the degenerates who they thought were communicating to them. I could have smacked these fans with a baseball bat and they would have thought that was cool. It angers me that Britain produced some of the greatest modern artists of our time then we get these diks who come along with no talent and start spitting and shouting abuse and the half wits think this is great.:mad:[/quote']

And further they were resposible for an entire generation having a misunderstood view of what anarchy is (there is more to it than just zomfg no rulez!!1111)

Coheed And Cambria - The Trooper (Iron Maiden cover)

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

I am off for a long hot bath to cool down, :P, such irony, I am going to play some Cat Stevens and chill with my reading material. At the moment I am reading about Religions of the World. It's a fascinating book that Christian readers may find offensive, as it has ALL their stories entwined in their personal religions, thousands of years before the myth of Jesus occurred, in fact, I read of the story of Jesus in nearly every ancient religion, almost verbatim, only the christians tried to turn him from fiction to fact and I have to say succeeded, but then again, it's not hard to turn a brainwashed mind. Some people are just like sheep, I call them J J's, after Jim Jones, you know they guy I mean, who took all his follower's money, took their wives for his own use, bought lavish houses all over the world, then told them to drink poison when his world caved in on him after killing an American senator, it was his divine plan, just like your god, some people never wake up. Ah, I hear Cat beckoning me to my bathroom, adios for now music lovers, keep the peace.:P

I am off for a long hot bath to cool down' date=' :P, such irony, I am going to play some Cat Stevens and chill with my reading material. At the moment I am reading about Religions of the World. It's a fascinating book that Christian readers may find offensive, as it has ALL their stories entwined in their personal religions, thousands of years before the myth of Jesus occurred, in fact, I read of the story of Jesus in nearly every ancient religion, almost verbatim, only the christians tried to turn him from fiction to fact and I have to say succeeded, but then again, it's not hard to turn a brainwashed mind. Some people are just like sheep, I call them J J's, after Jim Jones, you know they guy I mean, who took all his follower's money, took their wives for his own use, bought lavish houses all over the world, then told them to drink poison when his world caved in on him after killing an American senator, it was his divine plan, just like your god, some people never wake up. Ah, I hear Cat beckoning me to my bathroom, adios for now music lovers, keep the peace.:P[/quote']

Nice to see someone else around with an intrest in the more "intellectual" areas. I really need to start reading up on some philosophy. Only book I've read to in the area is "God is Not Great" by Christopher Hitchens who imo is a genius and a modern day Bertrand Russell (who I need to look into as what I've read and and heard of him sounds good). It'll make a change from lol'ing at creationist videos on youtube.

Above And Beyond - Home (Above & Beyond Club Mix)