Right now I'm listening to... (no explicit or football themed songs)

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Right now i'm listening to... Frightening to think this was 25 years ago! God, i'm getting old. Still great even now though, over to you Mr Astbury. Ji8VHEjVyVo

Guys, this is a fun thread I've seem in other Forums (mostly brazilian ones). You post the name of the music you are listening to, place a link if possible (so we all could listen to it), and rate th

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Re: Right now i'm listening to...

Nice to see someone else around with an intrest in the more "intellectual" areas. I really need to start reading up on some philosophy. Only book I've read to in the area is "God is Not Great" by Christopher Hitchens who imo is a genius and a modern day Bertrand Russell (who I need to look into as what I've read and and heard of him sounds good). It'll make a change from lol'ing at creationist videos on youtube.

Above And Beyond - Home (Above & Beyond Club Mix)

Ha ha, Bertrand Russell, Chris Hutchins, Michel Onfray, Richard Dawkins to name but a few free minded men of our time. And the beauty is that it is keeping with this thread, as I am indeed listening to Carl Sagan as we speak. I kicked religion into touch when I hit the age of reason and rational thinking, I thought I was around two years old but my mum reminded me that I was indeed nine years of age when the whole religious thing suddenly came to me, in a vision so to speak, to coin a phrase, I was healed.:P. Healed from the persecution and fear and superstition that this disgusting act appertains to. "Eat your carrots or you will go to hell""

'God is watching you my boy:eek:" "put money in the church box, god is a bit short this week":eek:. I freed myself from the shackles of this atrocious weight on mankind, I think what really clinched the deal was when I wanted to kiss Linda Laing, my first sweetheart, she was a gorgeous looking eight year old with blonde hair and blue eyes, well I prayed that evening to god, nothing fancy, I just asked him to make Linda love me, well the very next day in school, our eyes met, she looked at me and I gazed longingly at her, and she came over to me and said in her sweet little Glaswegian tones, "Whit the hell are you looking at ya geek" :eek:. I was floored, I could almost hear god laughing his socks off at my expense so from that day, god was no more in my life. Would it have taken so much out of his day to make Linda fall for me, no, I know he had other pressing matters to deal with, like famine in Africa, droughts across the world, wars, all sorts of important issues, and you know what, he sorted out NONE of them, and christians kept brainwashing me into thinking it was his divine plan, it was meant to be, all this suffering and hate, it's all in his plan for the next world, well, I ain't buying into that no more, anyway, I am off in a tangent lol, just got out the tub, sitting out on the back deck, it's around 85 degrees in the shade and I just mixed me a fresh orange juice with ice, life is good ahhhhhhhhhh, :D

Ha ha' date=' Bertrand Russell, Chris Hutchins, Michel Onfray, Richard Dawkins to name but a few free minded men of our time. And the beauty is that it is keeping with this thread, as I am indeed listening to Carl Sagan as we speak. I kicked religion into touch when I hit the age of reason and rational thinking, I thought I was around two years old but my mum reminded me that I was indeed nine years of age when the whole religious thing suddenly came to me, in a vision so to speak, to coin a phrase, I was healed.:P. Healed from the persecution and fear and superstition that this disgusting act appertains to. "Eat your carrots or you will go to hell""

'God is watching you my boy:eek:" "put money in the church box, god is a bit short this week":eek:. I freed myself from the shackles of this atrocious weight on mankind, I think what really clinched the deal was when I wanted to kiss Linda Laing, my first sweetheart, she was a gorgeous looking eight year old with blonde hair and blue eyes, well I prayed that evening to god, nothing fancy, I just asked him to make Linda love me, well the very next day in school, our eyes met, she looked at me and I gazed longingly at her, and she came over to me and said in her sweet little Glaswegian tones, "Whit the hell are you looking at ya geek" :eek:. I was floored, I could almost hear god laughing his socks off at my expense so from that day, god was no more in my life. Would it have taken so much out of his day to make Linda fall for me, no, I know he had other pressing matters to deal with, like famine in Africa, droughts across the world, wars, all sorts of important issues, and you know what, he sorted out NONE of them, and christians kept brainwashing me into thinking it was his divine plan, it was meant to be, all this suffering and hate, it's all in his plan for the next world, well, I ain't buying into that no more, anyway, I am off in a tangent lol, just got out the tub, sitting out on the back deck, it's around 85 degrees in the shade and I just mixed me a fresh orange juice with ice, life is good ahhhhhhhhhh, :D[/quote']

I'm not too big on Dawkins. As geneticist and evolutionist hes fantastic but his brand of atheism to me could be described as a religon.

I really cant' remember how I started questioning religion but I did and I consder myself a secular agnostic.

Poison The Well - Sticks And Stones Never Really Made Sense

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

I'm not too big on Dawkins. As geneticist and evolutionist hes fantastic but his brand of atheism to me could be described as a religon.

I really cant' remember how I started questioning religion but I did and I consder myself a secular agnostic.

Poison The Well - Sticks And Stones Never Really Made Sense

Secular agnostic? A strange little use of words, atheism described as a sort of religion? Religion meaning a belief in supernatural powers and a higher power? As opposed to an atheist who disbelieves the existence of any gods. how can these two disciplines be intertwined?:eek:

PS I'm sorry, I'm pulling your chain now, I slipped a large Vodka into my fresh orange juice while god wasn't looking, (god being the wife) ha ha

Secular agnostic? A strange little use of words' date=' atheism described as a sort of religion? Religion meaning a belief in supernatural powers and a higher power? As opposed to an atheist who disbelieves the existence of any gods. how can these two disciplines be intertwined?:eek:[/quote']

Sorry for the confusion. What I was saying is that Im agnostic and imo church and state are best left apart as bringing them together can only have bad consequences (just look at the middle east)

I know that man. I'm just saying that Dawkin's atheism and the way he present it is almost like a religon in an abstract way.

Underneath The Gun - Fireball Log Dump

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Sorry for the confusion. What I was saying is that Im agnostic and imo church and state are best left apart as bringing them together can only have bad consequences (just look at the middle east)

I know that man. I'm just saying that Dawkin's atheism and the way he present it is almost like a religon in an abstract way.

Underneath The Gun - Fireball Log Dump

I understood' date=' just pulling your chain, I'm hanging out with some Paul Simon, The only living Boy In New York, thought I'd better get back on topic as it is my want to deviate from the norm :D

[YOUTUBE']K0oMPfigUWY[/YOUTUBE]

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

As i' here' date=' I decided to look a bit into Northern Ireland's music, and instead of Van Morrison, Snow patrol, general Fiasco etc., here's what i found: A Punk Rock band called 'Stiff Little Fingers'...

[center']

[/center]

Sounded a good idea till you got the punk rock bit :eek::P, same three chord banging, what did people ever see in this sheeite. If you want a true Irish legend band, listen to these guys,

9T7OaDDR7i8

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

46EXY4oP1Do

My American friend has just come around and he plays a mean guitar and he is in awe listening to this stuff, my Celtic blood is rising lol, he is gobsmacked, loves it, :P

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Very' date=' very nice! Different, but very nice David! :P[/quote']

Your'e not just saying that spam to make an old man happy, now are you? :P

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Sons Of Maxwell (Dave Carroll) - United Breaks Guitars

5YGc4zOqozo

I'd just got this one out of my head too :o

I like this :P, cool guitar picking too.