Right now I'm listening to... (no explicit or football themed songs)

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Right now i'm listening to... Frightening to think this was 25 years ago! God, i'm getting old. Still great even now though, over to you Mr Astbury. Ji8VHEjVyVo

Guys, this is a fun thread I've seem in other Forums (mostly brazilian ones). You post the name of the music you are listening to, place a link if possible (so we all could listen to it), and rate th

Re: Right now i'm listening to...

Tiësto - Adagio For Strings

2EaE0_gQLw0

IMO' date=' this is Tiësto's best song ever (Only just)

All of Tiësto's songs are good! B)

and i was just browsing Youtube and i found this:

[YOUTUBE']aShLi--0Oss[/YOUTUBE]

Another quality tune by Tiësto! :D

It just makes my feet dance.

is he meant to write his own songs :)

Heard this on the FIFA10 soundtrack and I like it..... a lot.

Dd1TFZJYGG4

This one ain't bad either:

HbZhJCUfJAc

On the whole I'm rather disappointed with the FIFA soundtrack this year, last year was the best ever.

Think they're pandering to the chavs and bloody foreigners (:P) this year a bit more :(

"Reggae? Yeah I love it. Punk? Yep, I like that too...What!? At the same time!? Impossible!"

Hardcore punk with reggae undertones (not on this ditty) Bad Brains

kjITD9LnwRY

Here's some acoustic Springsteen:

SaZ-l6rnTGY

If anyone is stupid enough to dismiss Springsteen as a stadium rocker, I urge you to get 'Nebraska', a fabulous album. Just Springsteen, a guitar and a harmonica.

My Dad has got into the habit of picking out random albumns that get really good reviews in his newspaper, The Guardian - hardly the epitome of finding new, musical talents, you would have thought. As much as it pains me to see him trying to become hip and happening once more, he has come across a couple of decent bands through this source, including The Fleet Foxes. I was unsure about his latest purchase but they've really grown on me. The Unthanks (previously known as Rachel Unthank and the Winterset) are a Northumberland Folk group who have received much applause as of late for their work. I've never really tested my ears towards folk music, but these are pretty good and their unique blend of music is rather enchanting. The lyrics and vocals are especially superb. Check them out:

46-DWHz2iKQ&feature=related

Heard this on the FIFA10 soundtrack and I like it..... a lot.

This one ain't bad either:

On the whole I'm rather disappointed with the FIFA soundtrack this year' date=' last year was the best ever.

Think they're pandering to the chavs and bloody foreigners (:P) this year a bit more :([/quote']

For my money Danan... are one of the best live bands around at the moment, if you can catch them live it's well worth it. Give a few of the singles a listen if you like that COYH song as well, Expectations and Still Fond are particularly good. They don't seem to have put out anything new for ages now though.

I actually quite liked the FIFA soundtrack, a lot of it was underwhelming but the Major Lazer, Casio Kids, Metric, Nneka, Whitest Boy Alive, Passion Pit, Royksopp and Peter, Bjorn and John tracks are all great. And Lakeside by BLK JKS was one of my favourite songs last year.

My Dad has got into the habit of picking out random albumns that get really good reviews in his newspaper' date=' The Guardian - hardly the epitome of finding new, musical talents, you would have thought. As much as it pains me to see him trying to become hip and happening once more, he has come across a couple of decent bands through this source, including The Fleet Foxes. I was unsure about his latest purchase but they've really grown on me. The Unthanks (previously known as Rachel Unthank and the Winterset) are a Northumberland Folk group who have received much applause as of late for their work. I've never really tested my ears towards folk music, but these are pretty good and their unique blend of music is rather enchanting. The lyrics and vocals are especially superb. Check them out:

[/quote']

I think they were the token Folk nominee for the Mercury's either last year or the time before. I'll have to give them a listen because I largely ignored them back then and I rock out to folk on occasion. B)