Right now I'm listening to... (no explicit or football themed songs)

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Right now i'm listening to... Frightening to think this was 25 years ago! God, i'm getting old. Still great even now though, over to you Mr Astbury. Ji8VHEjVyVo

Guys, this is a fun thread I've seem in other Forums (mostly brazilian ones). You post the name of the music you are listening to, place a link if possible (so we all could listen to it), and rate th

Re: Right now i'm listening to...

Ok' date=' I agree the girl was pretty neat, and probably even the guy might have a voice if he took the microphone out of his gob :P. It must be an age thing. I can listen to Sinatra because I love music, I was never big on Tamla Motown as a boy but there were some great tunes there, I was never a classical person but when I hear music like that, it crosses all genres and time, certain music does that. Thanks for your input, as someone who plucks a guitar, it interests me, I try to encompass all music, but to be honest, it can be hard. I don't like your music, but I will endeavour to find someone of your age that I do like :P. just pulling your plonker.[/quote']

Haha I loved that comment on the microphone and his gob :D

My taste in music has changed in the past year though. I used to listen more relaxed music like Damian Rice and that. Then I moved on to Indie-Rock type of music like Snow Patrol, Bloc Party and that type. I find now my taste in music is all over the place. I listen to absolutely everything and nevermind what I said about Sinatra, I would listen to that type of music. From Paolo Nutini to Sidney Samson, Sugababes to Dizzee Rascal.My taste of music is very very Broad:o

Those names probably aren't so familiar to you:o

I did music for my first 3 years in secondary school, So I spent ages listening to all types of music. I'm now at the stage where I have to decide whether I want to continue on doing music for my Leaving Cert or not.

Did you do Music in School/College?

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

w7A4weQ23Us

My Fav version of this wonderful Ralph Mctell song

Nice take on a great song my friend....didn't expect you to listen to some Irish/Jock heathens singing lol. :)

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

...and it doesn't surprise me that when you pick someone from this century Belkevitz' date=' she's linked to The Beatles (being Ravi Shankar's daughter) :P[/quote']

:D, They actually don't get on by all accounts. Btw Bob, I enjoy most genres of music, the problem I have with some of the modern bands, (bands who hammer out three chords with the microphone half way down their throats) so that you can't hear or understand anything they have to say.

Tom just played R.E.M and they have wrote some high quality material, I know they have because I can hear and understand the lyrics.:P

I believe that we in the 60's didn't have the monopoly on talent, although there was a plethora of talent from that time, I can reach into any decade and find great music. :)

:D' date=' They actually don't get on by all accounts. Btw Bob, I enjoy most genres of music, the problem I have with some of the modern bands, (bands who hammer out three chords with the microphone half way down their throats) so that you can't hear or understand anything they have to say.

Tom just played R.E.M and they have wrote some high quality material, I know they have because I can hear and understand the lyrics.:P

I believe that we in the 60's didn't have the monopoly on talent, although there was a plethora of talent from that time, I can reach into any decade and find great music. :)[/quote']

What about this one then, Dave? :D I'm sure you will enjoy it :rolleyes:

l12Csc_lW0Q

Tom just played R.E.M and they have wrote some high quality material' date=' I know they have because I can hear and understand the lyrics.:P[/quote']

I love a bit of R.E.M. myself though ironically, they were famously criticised (and celebrated by some) for being incoherent they even referenced this themselves calling their first album 'Murmur' reflecting Stipe's lack of enunciation.

A wealth of completely pointless knowledge :D

I love a bit of R.E.M. myself though ironically' date=' they were famously criticised (and celebrated by some) for being incoherent they even referenced this themselves calling their first album 'Murmur' reflecting Stipe's lack of enunciation.

A wealth of completely pointless knowledge :D[/quote']

I agree, but they've came a long way from there and at least in my humble opinion, they're one of the best bands still around at this time :o

I'm not having a go at them' date=' I like 'em. I think the early mumbly stuff is some of their best work :)[/quote']

I know, I'm just sayin' ;)

They're actually one of the few bands that I can say that I like almost everything from almost any period of their life. It's amazing how they've managed to create for such a long time, yet, they're still not dried out and they can still create amazing music.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

What about this one then' date=' Dave? :D I'm sure you will enjoy it :rolleyes:

[center']

l12Csc_lW0Q

[/center]

I lasted about 18 seconds Tom :P, sixteen of them were looking at the girls with the sound down :D

I lasted about 18 seconds Tom :P' date=' sixteen of them were looking at the girls with the sound down :D[/quote']

That's not bad at all :D

See, and you say that you don't understand this new music... Furthermore, you even said that it's hard to understand words and that they have no meaning! Sir, you are a hypocrite! :P

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

DBfXdbmjnbY

What a way to start my weekend, listening to the Fabs and a cold beer...ahhhhh, does life get any better that this? Oh hold on....

rInMQWpGpYg

Oh look out.....cause here she comes.....wooooo:p;)

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

5a4TWiYHx7U

A little collection of rarely played Fab music :P

UjRX2DjJEhI

iLKSgF8NuN8

So much going on here musically, and to think it was all done on 4 track....amazing band.;)

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

5mcymZqfpKo

The other side of the Fabs :D. They had an album cover for this with headless dolls and broken limbs but it was considered to way out there for them to use, needless to say Lennon wasn't pleased ha ha.

on3XBTouSf0

Another cracker from the lads....oh the music just goes on and on and on :P

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

NDdhleoroN4

wkC_ZrC2Pg4

MPpT3jeQtJI

A rare side of the brilliance of these guys.

You can here Lennon mention The Jacaranda, where they first started in Slater Street....I'VE BEEN IN THAT BOOSER