Right now I'm listening to... (no explicit or football themed songs)

Re: Right now i'm listening to...

On the fence about James Blake, didn't quite buy into all the fanfare that went along with his EPs last year. Not bad by any stretch but not quite as good as the hype for me, and I never quite adopted the XX album which is in similar sort of territory. It's very good but hard to really fall in love with in the way that The National or Arcade Fire are. However, Mr Blake's cover of Limit to Your Love is quite superb. Looking forward to seeing what he does with the album.

oOT2-OTebx0

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Right now i'm listening to... Frightening to think this was 25 years ago! God, i'm getting old. Still great even now though, over to you Mr Astbury. Ji8VHEjVyVo

Guys, this is a fun thread I've seem in other Forums (mostly brazilian ones). You post the name of the music you are listening to, place a link if possible (so we all could listen to it), and rate th

HL_WvOly7mY&feature=artistob&playnext=1&list=TLjosAl4FtRfA

Another band I watched at Leeds' date=' a band you have to see Live, a band who isn't full of themselves, ones that still care for the fans.[/quote']

What do you make of their newer stuff? I like the odd single here and there but for me by their own high standards they haven't made a tight album for the best part of a decade now. Stack anything they've made post 2000 against Pinketon and The Blue Album and it just doesn't do them justice.

Still a good live band mind, and nice guys by all accounts. I just wish they could put it all together again.

What do you make of their newer stuff? I like the odd single here and there but for me by their own high standards they haven't made a tight album for the best part of a decade now. Stack anything they've made post 2000 against Pinketon and The Blue Album and it just doesn't do them justice.

Still a good live band mind' date=' and nice guys by all accounts. I just wish they could put it all together again.[/quote']

I was going to comment on Kev's post, but decided against it. Glad I did, 'casue you said what I was going to say, better than how I was going to say it.

HL_WvOly7mY&feature=artistob&playnext=1&list=TLjosAl4FtRfA

Another band I watched at Leeds' date=' a band you have to see Live, a band who isn't full of themselves, ones that still care for the fans.[/quote']

Went to see Weezer In 1995 at Leeds Irish centre....Supported by "Cast" that night

I liked Weezer's first album but thought they were poor that night in Leeds.......In fact Cast were better and I never liked them...