Right now I'm listening to... (no explicit or football themed songs)

Riferimento: Re: Right now i'm listening to...

Yep true he has money so I dont think he cares about the hating really. I aint a fan but I aint one of those haters/jealous people.

Id say ppl hate him cuz he is overhyped' date=' i mean, hes an average singer, there are plenty of singers of his level in the world, what i mean is that Sting, Shakira Bruno Mars Etc, they all have unique voices and so they are aknowledged as great singers, Justin Bieber is just a kid with a good voice, a voice that plenty of people have around the world, i mean, if DIsney wouldnt have decided to make him famous, he would still be just a normal kid and no one would know him and on his own he wouldnt be able to create a carreer, because his voiceis very common.

Ppl like Alicia Keys, and the other i mentioned before became/will become great singers.

If you actually hear justin biebers songs, you can actually hear that his voice is manipulated, abit like in that simpson episode, where Bart and his friends become a musical group for the marines (Yvan eht nioj, lol)(Read it backwards, that was the hidden message in teh song Bart's group sings), im not saying Bieber is a bad singer without the voice adjustment device, but he is an average singer, and doesnt deserve all the hype around him.

PS. Just to clarify, im not a Bieber hater, even tho i do like reading comments and hearing jokes about him, its hilarious.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Right now i'm listening to... Frightening to think this was 25 years ago! God, i'm getting old. Still great even now though, over to you Mr Astbury. Ji8VHEjVyVo

Guys, this is a fun thread I've seem in other Forums (mostly brazilian ones). You post the name of the music you are listening to, place a link if possible (so we all could listen to it), and rate th

Re: Riferimento: Re: Right now i'm listening to...

Id say ppl hate him cuz he is overhyped' date=' i mean, hes an average singer, there are plenty of singers of his level in the world, what i mean is that Sting, Shakira Bruno Mars Etc, they all have unique voices and so they are aknowledged as great singers, Justin Bieber is just a kid with a good voice, a voice that plenty of people have around the world, i mean, if DIsney wouldnt have decided to make him famous, he would still be just a normal kid and no one would know him and on his own he wouldnt be able to create a carreer, because his voiceis very common.

Ppl like Alicia Keys, and the other i mentioned before became/will become great singers.

If you actually hear justin biebers songs, you can actually hear that his voice is manipulated, abit like in that simpson episode, where Bart and his friends become a musical group for the marines (Yvan eht nioj, lol)(Read it backwards, that was the hidden message in teh song Bart's group sings), im not saying Bieber is a bad singer without the voice adjustment device, but he is an average singer, and doesnt deserve all the hype around him.

PS. Just to clarify, im not a Bieber hater, even tho i do like reading comments and hearing jokes about him, its hilarious.

Same here, I know his voice may sound average but at the end of the day I dont know, he has thousands of fans(Somehow?),probably all kids, through Disney. They seen something in him, I doubt they would bring any random singer in. I was just stating he is making the money so he probably dont care about the haters. I dont even like one single track of his though, I must be missing something. I agree all the rest like Alicia Keys are miles ahead. Bruno Mars is quite good, I like his songs.

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Right now i'm listening to...

Same here' date=' I know his voice may sound average but at the end of the day I dont know, he has thousands of fans, probably all kids(Somehow?). I was just stating he is making the money so he probably dont care about the haters. I dont even like one single track of his though, I must be missing something. I agree all the rest like Alicia Keys are miles ahead. Bruno Mars is quite good, I like his songs.[/quote']

Well, remember that he got Disney behind him that thinks about his public/social figure (making him famous), so of course the average age of his fans is probably around 14yo.

Personally i think hes just a comet in the music business, abit like Miley Cirus, a few years ago, when she was the image of disney,everyone seemed to love her, ton of fans, milions of albums sold, and now shes prety much gone replaced by justin bieber(bieber that will also get replaced once disney starts seeing that he isnt at the centre of attention anymore).

I think she is still with disney, but the water around her calmed down, and probably so it will happen to Bieber, Disney always does things like this, they find a good singer with a nice imae and they commercialize trhough him by making him famous and stuff,i hope Bieber realizes that once Disney is gone, hes not gona survive in the music business unless he starts drastically improving.

Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Right now i'm listening to...

Well' date=' remember that he got Disney behind him that thinks about his public/social figure (making him famous), so of course the average age of his fans is probably around 14yo.

Personally i think hes just a comet in the music business, abit like Miley Cirus, while she was with Disney everyone seemed to love her, ton of fans, milions of albums sold, and now shes prety much gone, i think she is still with disney, but the water around her calmed down, and probably so it will happen to Bieber, Disney always does things like this, they find a good singer with a nice imae and they commercialize trhough him by making him famous and stuff,i hope Bieber realizes that once Disney is gone, hes not gona survive in the music business unless he starts drastically improving.[/quote']

Yes true his music is more for like teens (14/15 yo) aswell, he should change his image abit like maybe the other r&b singers and make tracks like them, but I think he does work with Usher so he might have a good future when he is gone from Disney. I think Miley Cyrus is a shocking singer to be honest

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Right now i'm listening to...

Yes true his music is more for like teens (14/15 yo) aswell' date=' he should change his image abit like maybe the other r&b singers and make tracks like them, but I think he does work with Usher so he might have a good future when he is gone from Disney. I think Miley Cyrus is a shocking singer to be honest[/quote']

shocking in a good or a bad way?

i personally think shes average, but as i said, disney doesnt look for talent, they look for an image to give to the mass, thats what Miley CIrus Aka Hanna montana was, and thats what justin Bieber is, and there will be others and others.

Re: Right now i'm listening to...

Woah woah woah... Bieber and Cyrus are both very very good singers. Their voices aren't particularly tampered with and they're very talented. That said, I wouldn't listen to Bieber at all and would rather look at Cyrus...

People don't like Bieber because he sings like a little girl but mainly because the pair are completely spoilt and, as Cyrus has proved, aren't really great role models... Disney's done well to pick out their talent but has milked them for all their worth and they're stars already at 14 without really working for it at all.

Fair play to Disney... best business model I've ever seen. Kids sell better than adults and are much cheaper and less dangerous to 'employ'.

Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Right now i'm listening to...

shocking in a good or a bad way?

i personally think shes average' date=' but as i said, disney doesnt look for talent, [b']they look for an image to give to the mass[/b], thats what Miley CIrus Aka Hanna montana was, and thats what justin Bieber is, and there will be others and others.

I agree with that, cause they had I think Hilary Duff, she is now an actor, I dont think she has released anything lately. The Miley now Beiber. Anyway I meant Miley Cyrus is shocking in a bad way, she is poor.

Woah woah woah... Bieber and Cyrus are both very very good singers. Their voices aren't particularly tampered with and they're very talented. That said' date=' [i']I wouldn't listen to Bieber at all and would rather look at Cyrus...[/i]

People don't like Bieber because he sings like a little girl but mainly because the pair are completely spoilt and, as Cyrus has proved, aren't really great role models... Disney's done well to pick out their talent but has milked them for all their worth and they're stars already at 14 without really working for it at all.

Fair play to Disney... best business model I've ever seen. Kids sell better than adults and are much cheaper and less dangerous to 'employ'.

Hmm Very Very good... Maybe good. That bold statement I can agree with. Of course disney will milk em, Its easier doing business with kids like you said.I would love to see how they would get treated infront of Cowell on X-Factor, probably not many highly praised comments.

Woah woah woah... Bieber and Cyrus are both very very good singers. Their voices aren't particularly tampered with and they're very talented. That said' date=' I wouldn't listen to Bieber at all and would rather look at Cyrus...

Fair play to Disney... best business model I've ever seen. Kids sell better than adults and are much cheaper and less dangerous to 'employ'.[/quote']

well, ''very very good'' maybe is abit too much im not saying they are bad singers, but they are not as good as disney wants you to think.

as i said, im pretty sure that without disney bieber wouldnt have had a professional singer career, Mileymaybe,cuz her father is quite known in the field of music.

I also mentioned that Disney didnt pick them mainly for their talent (as im pretty sure there are much more talented teenagers around)but they were chosen for their image,both loom so teenish,happy and innocent (apparently only), we could say the high school musical kind of image, the image that disney seeks,nd then they just work them out til theirimge doesnt become a grown up image,then they update and get another one(Bieber and Miley are he example of this, Miley til she was in her teenage years she was the image of disney, once she started growing and losing that image disney has made of her, they replaced her, with justin Bieber).

I mean im not an expert of voices and stuff, but to me their voices arent anything special, they havent those voices that you want to hear when you wake up, or when you had a bad day and you want to get your morale up, but ofc everyone has its own opinion.

id rather hear Bruno mars in the morning singin, 'wake up, its a brand new day!'

Woah woah woah... Bieber and Cyrus are both very very good singers. Their voices aren't particularly tampered with and they're very talented. That said' date=' I wouldn't listen to Bieber at all and would rather look at Cyrus...

Fair play to Disney... best business model I've ever seen. Kids sell better than adults and are much cheaper and less dangerous to 'employ'.[/quote']

Autotune and digital advancements has helped a lot with that though, they both have incredibly simple backing tracks they have to sing in tune to,and I'm sure there voices is edited to make them sound a lot better than they really are.

It's killed the music business in many ways as there now less and less good voices getting through,as music producers focus much more on image and edit there voices accordingly, there are several examples as I doubt the likes of The Saturdays,Pixie Lott and Katy Perry can really sing at all, however as there all fit and have average voices that can be made to sound like a good one,there liked by teenage girls as in general there in to the pop genre,which is there main fanbase, but there also known by men for the reasons I've said above.

As bad as it is, it does sell records and if the likes of Pixie Lott and The Saturdays weren't as good as looking as they are I doubt I'd know of them...

Every artist is auto-tuned these days! You can hardly pick out the Disney kids and scrutinise them though undoubtedly there are other factors behind their fame such as looks, background and to a certain extent, acting ability (though that tends to go hand in hand with singing).

You can say that they're solely picked on looks but being honest, you could choose from hundreds of cute kids in a country as vast as America. Fact is, they are very talented individuals with cracking voices. Not my cup of tea, nor likely the cup of tea of many forumers as I doubt we have too many teenage girls on a primarily football forum.

Every artist is auto-tuned these days! You can hardly pick out the Disney kids and scrutinise them though undoubtedly there are other factors behind their fame such as looks' date=' background and to a certain extent, acting ability (though that tends to go hand in hand with singing).

You can say that they're solely picked on looks but being honest, you could choose from hundreds of cute kids in a country as vast as America. [b']Fact is, they are very talented individuals with cracking voices[/b]. Not my cup of tea, nor likely the cup of tea of many forumers as I doubt we have too many teenage girls on a primarily football forum.

id sa with good voices...your exagerating imo, alicia keys has a cracking voice,shakira has a cracking voice, james blunt has a cracking voice, bieber has a good voice,but if yougo hear his songs you can clearly hear that what you hear isnt his natural voice as they work it up too much imo.

Ive only heard one of his songs,baby baby, and i was actually pretty shocked on how much they covered his voice with autotune or whatever they did, ok, other artists do it too, but if you go listen to like Katy Perry, and yougo listen justin bieber, you will hear the difference.

On the topic, Miley Cyrus has one of the best voices out there, and to be just 18 and earn as much as she has at that age. I suppose she lost a lot of fans after the whole Hannah Montana scene ended last year but she was getting older as too her fans were. I have seen the pictures of the 'mistake' she made but saying in the papers and magazines that kids like to copy her whatever she does is ridiculous. Kids aren't gonna go around smoking bongs plus she did finish being Hannah to get away from being the teenage idol and wanted to grow up :)