Right now I'm listening to... (no explicit or football themed songs)

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Right now i'm listening to... Frightening to think this was 25 years ago! God, i'm getting old. Still great even now though, over to you Mr Astbury. Ji8VHEjVyVo

Guys, this is a fun thread I've seem in other Forums (mostly brazilian ones). You post the name of the music you are listening to, place a link if possible (so we all could listen to it), and rate th

Re: Right now i'm listening to... (no football themed songs)

The Who's Pete Townshend and Primus' Les Claypool are both genius songwriters.

But they're completely different types of genius songwriters. :)

x2KRpRMSu4g

55CH_8YOBQc

IXCuVJYOXCU

Say baby do you wanna lay down with me? :D

r4OhIU-PmB8&ob=av3e

aYDfwUJzYQg

5M_jh4CA8a8

gjfhTQNjXrY

SHhrZgojY1Q

So yeah, a nice sandwich of The Who and Primus there. Two completely contrasting musical styles, eh? But who's the better bassist, Les Claypool or John Entwistle? Hmmmm.........

Hope you don't mind me putting this in here as I'm listening to their back catalogue :D

Iron+Maiden.jpg

IRON MAIDEN

I've worshiped this band ever since I was first introduced to them way back in 2000 (I was 10). I'm also the only person I know who has been to see Maiden as part of 3 generations of Maiden fans (Grandad, Dad and me).

I have far too many shirts of them and all their albums and You could say I'm a loser for it but I don't care. :D My most prized possession is my Wildest Dreams tour shirt which I got on their Dance of Death tour in 2003. They are easily my favourite band of all time and no one even comes close.

Iron_Maiden_-_The_Number_Of_The_Beast.jpg

Today marks the 30th anniversary of one of the best albums ever created. The Number Of The Beast.

This album arguably has the most well known songs out of Iron Maiden's back catalogue, those being "The Number of the Beast" and "Run to the Hills". This album has everything a metalhead could wish for, thundering basslines, face melting guitar solo's, Phenomenal vocals and Machine gun-like drumming. If you are a Maiden fan (assuming you are as you viewed this) then it is actually illegal not to own this album :D.

Anyway. I'd like to share my favourite songs with you :)

Iron%20Maiden%20-%20Face%20In%20The%20Sand.jpg

Face In The Sand

Personally I think this is Maiden's strongest song (lyrically). With such great lyrics like:

So I watch and I wait. And I pray for an answer,

An end to the strife and the world's misery.

But the end never came, and we're digging the graves.

And we're loading the guns for the kill.

and:

Everyone's nightmares are going to happen.

Everybody's ripping the mask from their eyes.

Everyone's praying but no one's believing.

Everybody's heroes tell everyone's lies.

It comes off the album Dance of Death (2003) and is track number 9. It was written by Bruce Dickinson (Vocals), Steve Harris (Bass) and Adrian Smith (Lead Guitar/Legend). It is such a powerful song with a fantastic build up and brilliant bass line throughout the song which automatically makes your lip do the "rock pout" or if you're more hardcore the "Headbang" along with some great guitar solos.

Ghost Of The Navigator

This song is off the Brave New World album (2000), track number 2. It was written by Janick Gers (Guitar) and again Bruce Dickinson and Steve Harris. The Intro to this song, is easily the best intro Maiden have ever done, the anticipation for that main guitar riff to kick in is just so enthralling. This is also a fans favourite however it was not a single. It's a lengthy song, but so worth it.

Hallowed_Be_Thy_Name.jpg

Hallowed Be Thy Name

HBTN comes off The Number Of The Beast's album (1981), track number 8 and final track and is written by Steve Harris. This song was actually the first Iron Maiden song I ever heard, my dad came into me and just said "Try this" (I was playing Guns N' Roses' Appetite for Destruction album at the time) I put it on and just fell in love with the notes put before me. It is a classic in the eyes of Maiden fans and is often played at live performances, it has also been covered by 13 bands some of which are: Cradle Of Filth, Machinehead, Iced Earth and Dream Theater.

The Lyrics from HBTN are absolutely sublime, the story is about a prisoner facing execution as can be heard in such lines as:

When the priest comes to read me the last rites,

I take a look through the bars at the last sights,

Of a world that has gone very wrong for me.

Can it be that there's some sort of error?

Hard to stop the surmounting terror.

Is this really the end, not some crazy dream?

Somebody please tell me that I'm dreaming,

It's not easy to stop from screaming,

But words escape me when I try to speak.

Tears flow but why am I crying?

After all I'm not afraid of dying.

Don't I believe that there never is an end?

As the guards march me out to the courtyard,

Somebody cries from a cell "God be with you".

If there's a God then why does he let me go?

The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner

Features on the album Somewhere In Time (1986) track number 5 and is also written by Steve Harris. It is written about the book of the same name with the books plot being: Colin, a poor Nottingham teenager from a dismal home in a blue-collar area, who has bleak prospects in life and few interests beyond petty crime. The boy turns to long-distance running as a method of both an emotional and a physical escape from his situation.

It has a great start to the song and I just think it's one of their most if not MOST underrated song they've ever written. It's one of the more simple songs lyrically but the song itself is just brilliant.

The Legacy

This song comes from the 2006 album A Matter Of Life And Death and is the final track on the album primarily written by Janick Gers. It is another one of Maiden's song that is so perfectly written I think it should go in the Louvre as a piece of art. The song changes style about 10 times in the 9 and a half minutes that it's on for, and it is just so masterfully constructed it almost brings a tear to my eye.

The lyrics that stick out are:

You lie in your death bed now

But what did you bring to the table

Brought us only holy sin

Utter trust is a deadly thing.

To the prayer of holy peace

We didn't know what was lying underneath

So how could we be such fools

And to think that we thought you the answer.

I can't begin to understand in all the lies

But on your death bed I can see it in you eyes

Just as clear as all the sweat upon your brow

It really makes sense I can see it clearly now.

Tangled up in a web of lies

Could have been a way to prophesize

Unaware of the consequence

Not aware of the secrets that you kept.

Nothing that we could believe

To reveal the facade of faceless men

Not a thing that we could foresee

Now a sign that would tell us the outcome.

You had us all strung out with promises of peace

But all along you cover plan was to deceive

Can it put to rights now only time will tell

Your prophecies will send us all to hell as well.

iron_maiden.jpg

UP THE IRONS!

Guest Arsene Wenger Arsenal

Hope you don't mind me putting this in here as I'm listening to their back catalogue :D

Iron+Maiden.jpg

IRON MAIDEN

I've worshiped this band ever since I was first introduced to them way back in 2000 (I was 10). I'm also the only person I know who has been to see Maiden as part of 3 generations of Maiden fans (Grandad' date=' Dad and me).

I have far too many shirts of them and all their albums and You could say I'm a loser for it but I don't care. :D My most prized possession is my Wildest Dreams tour shirt which I got on their Dance of Death tour in 2003. They are easily my favourite band of all time and no one even comes close.

[/b']

Iron_Maiden_-_The_Number_Of_The_Beast.jpg

Today marks the 30th anniversary of one of the best albums ever created. The Number Of The Beast.

This album arguably has the most well known songs out of Iron Maiden's back catalogue, those being "The Number of the Beast" and "Run to the Hills". This album has everything a metalhead could wish for, thundering basslines, face melting guitar solo's, Phenomenal vocals and Machine gun-like drumming. If you are a Maiden fan (assuming you are as you viewed this) then it is actually illegal not to own this album :D.

Anyway. I'd like to share my favourite songs with you :)

Iron%20Maiden%20-%20Face%20In%20The%20Sand.jpg

Face In The Sand

Personally I think this is Maiden's strongest song (lyrically). With such great lyrics like:

So I watch and I wait. And I pray for an answer,

An end to the strife and the world's misery.

But the end never came, and we're digging the graves.

And we're loading the guns for the kill.

and:

Everyone's nightmares are going to happen.

Everybody's ripping the mask from their eyes.

Everyone's praying but no one's believing.

Everybody's heroes tell everyone's lies.

It comes off the album Dance of Death (2003) and is track number 9. It was written by Bruce Dickinson (Vocals), Steve Harris (Bass) and Adrian Smith (Lead Guitar/Legend). It is such a powerful song with a fantastic build up and brilliant bass line throughout the song which automatically makes your lip do the "rock pout" or if you're more hardcore the "Headbang" along with some great guitar solos.

Ghost Of The Navigator

This song is off the Brave New World album (2000), track number 2. It was written by Janick Gers (Guitar) and again Bruce Dickinson and Steve Harris. The Intro to this song, is easily the best intro Maiden have ever done, the anticipation for that main guitar riff to kick in is just so enthralling. This is also a fans favourite however it was not a single. It's a lengthy song, but so worth it.

Hallowed_Be_Thy_Name.jpg

Hallowed Be Thy Name

HBTN comes off The Number Of The Beast's album (1981), track number 8 and final track and is written by Steve Harris. This song was actually the first Iron Maiden song I ever heard, my dad came into me and just said "Try this" (I was playing Guns N' Roses' Appetite for Destruction album at the time) I put it on and just fell in love with the notes put before me. It is a classic in the eyes of Maiden fans and is often played at live performances, it has also been covered by 13 bands some of which are: Cradle Of Filth, Machinehead, Iced Earth and Dream Theater.

The Lyrics from HBTN are absolutely sublime, the story is about a prisoner facing execution as can be heard in such lines as:

When the priest comes to read me the last rites,

I take a look through the bars at the last sights,

Of a world that has gone very wrong for me.

Can it be that there's some sort of error?

Hard to stop the surmounting terror.

Is this really the end, not some crazy dream?

Somebody please tell me that I'm dreaming,

It's not easy to stop from screaming,

But words escape me when I try to speak.

Tears flow but why am I crying?

After all I'm not afraid of dying.

Don't I believe that there never is an end?

As the guards march me out to the courtyard,

Somebody cries from a cell "God be with you".

If there's a God then why does he let me go?

The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner

Features on the album Somewhere In Time (1986) track number 5 and is also written by Steve Harris. It is written about the book of the same name with the books plot being: Colin, a poor Nottingham teenager from a dismal home in a blue-collar area, who has bleak prospects in life and few interests beyond petty crime. The boy turns to long-distance running as a method of both an emotional and a physical escape from his situation.

It has a great start to the song and I just think it's one of their most if not MOST underrated song they've ever written. It's one of the more simple songs lyrically but the song itself is just brilliant.

The Legacy

This song comes from the 2006 album A Matter Of Life And Death and is the final track on the album primarily written by Janick Gers. It is another one of Maiden's song that is so perfectly written I think it should go in the Louvre as a piece of art. The song changes style about 10 times in the 9 and a half minutes that it's on for, and it is just so masterfully constructed it almost brings a tear to my eye.

The lyrics that stick out are:

You lie in your death bed now

But what did you bring to the table

Brought us only holy sin

Utter trust is a deadly thing.

To the prayer of holy peace

We didn't know what was lying underneath

So how could we be such fools

And to think that we thought you the answer.

I can't begin to understand in all the lies

But on your death bed I can see it in you eyes

Just as clear as all the sweat upon your brow

It really makes sense I can see it clearly now.

Tangled up in a web of lies

Could have been a way to prophesize

Unaware of the consequence

Not aware of the secrets that you kept.

Nothing that we could believe

To reveal the facade of faceless men

Not a thing that we could foresee

Now a sign that would tell us the outcome.

You had us all strung out with promises of peace

But all along you cover plan was to deceive

Can it put to rights now only time will tell

Your prophecies will send us all to hell as well.

iron_maiden.jpg

UP THE IRONS!

up the irons man!

dTaD9cd8hvw

BUT ALSO, one of my favourite, already posted it here quite many times :P

-qYqi-EMErU&feature=related