Right now I'm listening to... (no explicit or football themed songs)

Re: Right now i'm listening to... (no football themed songs)

Today I once again listened to The Who's seminal first rock opera, Tommy. A great album to listen to as a music fan, and as a budding songwriter, it compels me to see how Pete Townshend wrote all the musical themes and incoporated them throughout the songs on the album. Each theme isn't just a different riff or piece of individual music - no, each theme goes with certain characters or emotions or phrases in the opera, and it's brilliant. You can listen to the album again and again and again and hear parts that you initally missed.

The story on the album is somewhat vague, though even then there are themes of enlightenment, religion, and adversity. You can draw your own impressions on it all and get your own rewards from it, which only adds to the album. I have my own version of the opera's story, but you'd have to draw it from me. ;)

Anyway, here's the album in it's entirety! :)

G5GBroq6dsM&list=PL76C8F396A838D7D1

qVEOH2bX-t4

0Hj1fuuLIY4

H_WRBVI3LhQ

Q-szugWTiQw

XckcpjzQMqU

7ohiEiNULCU

UMWL7S5Drkg

wYTm5QPWSto

So there it is. Particular highlights for me are the Overture, Christmas, Pinball Wizard, Go To The Mirror, I'm Free and We're Not Gonna Take it. :)

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Right now i'm listening to... Frightening to think this was 25 years ago! God, i'm getting old. Still great even now though, over to you Mr Astbury. Ji8VHEjVyVo

Guys, this is a fun thread I've seem in other Forums (mostly brazilian ones). You post the name of the music you are listening to, place a link if possible (so we all could listen to it), and rate th

Today I once again listened to The Who's seminal first rock opera' date=' Tommy. A great album to listen to as a music fan, and as a budding songwriter, it compels me to see how Pete Townshend wrote all the musical themes and incoporated them throughout the songs on the album. Each theme isn't just a different riff or piece of individual music - no, each theme goes with certain characters or emotions or phrases in the opera, and it's brilliant. You can listen to the album again and again and again and hear parts that you initally missed.

The story on the album is somewhat vague, though even then there are themes of enlightenment, religion, and adversity. You can draw your own impressions on it all and get your own rewards from it, which only adds to the album. I have my own version of the opera's story, but you'd have to draw it from me. ;)

[/quote']

Great shout Lee and you are of course spot on. I inherited the album from one of my brothers ( 25-30 years ago

:eek:) and i still marvel at its brilliance. Strangely i enjoyed the film just as much, not only visually stunning but the strange mix of Oliver Reed, Ann Margret and the many others who featured really do the tracks justice..Christmas being a particular favourite :)

oQE298PYhrg

Great shout Lee and you are of course spot on. I inherited the album from one of my brothers ( 25-30 years ago

:eek:) and i still marvel at its brilliance. Strangely i enjoyed the film just as much' date=' not only visually stunning but the strange mix of Oliver Reed, Ann Margret and the many others who featured really do the tracks justice..Christmas being a particular favourite :)

[YOUTUBE']oQE298PYhrg[/YOUTUBE]

I dunno, that seemed a wee bit goofy to me compared to the album, but hey-ho, it's all down to interpretation.

"I believe in love but how can men who've never seen light be enlightened?".

Love that line.

Here's a link to a full concert from my favourite artist. Amazing

http://the-weeknd-xo.com/2012/04/16/the-weeknd-performs-live-at-coachella-april-15-video/

to post videos' date=' just follow these steps

[b']

HOW TO POST A YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIAL

[/b]

1. Go to YOUTUBE and select a video.

2. copy and paste the URL code after the equals sign only.

example below

youtubecodeequals.jpg

3. post a message in SM and click the YOUTUBE button

example below.

SMyoutubebutton.jpg

4. Paste the code between the Youtube boxes.

5. Click SUBMIT REPLY button to post your message.

I HOPE THIS HELPS - HAPPY POSTING

Guest Arsene Wenger Arsenal

to post videos' date=' just follow these steps

[b']

HOW TO POST A YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIAL

[/b]

1. Go to YOUTUBE and select a video.

2. copy and paste the URL code after the equals sign only.

example below

youtubecodeequals.jpg

3. post a message in SM and click the YOUTUBE button

example below.

SMyoutubebutton.jpg

4. Paste the code between the Youtube boxes.

5. Click SUBMIT REPLY button to post your message.

I HOPE THIS HELPS - HAPPY POSTING

but this isn't a youtube video

You just gave me horrible memories of Friday night... :(

Lol' date=' what touching up women in an airport? Doesn't sound like a bad night out... :P

aa1Ej_Vqv0A

Good song, but I wish there was a solo version with Pixie Lott. I don't think she would be up to rapping though haha. Oh well, I don't mind Tinchy :)

Great choice mate, i love that song B)