Right now I'm listening to... (no explicit or football themed songs)

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Right now i'm listening to... Frightening to think this was 25 years ago! God, i'm getting old. Still great even now though, over to you Mr Astbury. Ji8VHEjVyVo

Guys, this is a fun thread I've seem in other Forums (mostly brazilian ones). You post the name of the music you are listening to, place a link if possible (so we all could listen to it), and rate th

Re: Right now i'm listening to... (no football themed songs)

Just been learning this little funkster on bass. :)

APmUWC8S1_M

Beauty within simplicity

:o

Wish i had your ambition' date=' got a nice guitar just lying here, but i dont know where to start by learn how to play :eek:

Will you upload a sound clip of your cover? :P[/color']

Beauty within simplicity

:o

Wish i had your ambition' date=' got a nice guitar just lying here, but i dont know where to start by learn how to play :eek:

Will you upload a sound clip of your cover? :P[/color']

No sound clip at the moment; the bass is one I'm borrowing from a colleague with a view to a permanent deal (if we were to use footballing terms), and the electronics inside it are kaput until he fixes them. However I do have a godawful jack-to-USB cable with which I have recorded a few soundbites of my guitar playing a couple of my own songs, as well as a few YouTube videos of some drum covers/solos/shenanigans, and would have more of the latter if it weren't for the fact I have no drum mics and it sounds all horrible through a video camera microphone with absolutely no mixing so the bass is near enough inaudible over my snappy-as-joyous-hell snare. Oh, and the fact it pees off the neighbours something awful. :)

If you want to learn how to play songs on guitar, the first thing to do is learn how to read tab. Once that's done, just pick a song that you like that has a guitar part you like and learn to play it. I think the first riffs I learned on guitar were Walk This Way and Thin Lizzy's Jailbreak. While I haven't gone back and learned those songs fully, they helped me get a slight feel to the guitar. Practice as always is key, and despite me never really bothering to learn music theory, I managed to learn so much about songwriting in terms of guitar parts, melodies and riff composition through simply learning songs and riffs. All of which I find fun. Because I'm slightly sad.

Here's some songs for your troubles. :)

rLkdkMst8j8

Another one I recently learned on bass:

1swaZbPZL-g

HoO8J_oYRS8

eYIx0sFNDH4

Mandatory Primus is mandatory. :)

El5sUrCPnD0

And this absolutely fantastic album.

Iza2jJQb4iw

Found this album thanks to a bunch of pirates

Sinatra-Best-of-the-Best.jpg

Actually the only man I've ever bought CD's from, not just one but 5 (few less known tracks) thanks to a brilliant little box I was offered by my newspaper for a good price. Includes 'Sinatra at the Sands', 'Watertown', 'Ring-a-Ding-Ding!', 'The Concert Sinatra' and 'A Man Alone'.

Especially the Sands and Ring-a-ding-ding are brilliant :D

The album mentioned above pretty much fills in the biggest Sinatra hits that aren't in the box.

Found this album thanks to a bunch of pirates

Sinatra-Best-of-the-Best.jpg

Actually the only man I've ever bought CD's from' date=' not just one but 5[/b'] (few less known tracks) thanks to a brilliant little box I was offered by my newspaper for a good price. Includes 'Sinatra at the Sands', 'Watertown', 'Ring-a-Ding-Ding!', 'The Concert Sinatra' and 'A Man Alone'.

Especially the Sands and Ring-a-ding-ding are brilliant :D

The album mentioned above pretty much fills in the biggest Sinatra hits that aren't in the box.

LOL what about Jack Parow?

:P

LOL what about Jack Parow?

Haha, I just thought that was a funny song mate. Sinatra is on a completely different level, he's the penthouse of the big money sky scraper appartments. Sinatra's music can really relax me when I need it, Parow definately can't (with just that one song he has that I like) :P

Haha' date=' I just thought that was a funny song mate. Sinatra is on a completely different level, he's the penthouse of the big money sky scraper appartments. Sinatra's music can really relax me when I need it, Parow definately can't (with just that one song he has that I like) :P[/quote']

LOL im just pulling your leg

This song relaxes me :D

HFxO43IWNRE