Right now I'm listening to... (no explicit or football themed songs)

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Right now i'm listening to... Frightening to think this was 25 years ago! God, i'm getting old. Still great even now though, over to you Mr Astbury. Ji8VHEjVyVo

Guys, this is a fun thread I've seem in other Forums (mostly brazilian ones). You post the name of the music you are listening to, place a link if possible (so we all could listen to it), and rate th

Re: Right now i'm listening to...

Use Your Illusion 1 & 2 were awesome Chinese Democracy has been their only naff album

I loved those albums too' date=' actually. Particularly number 2. You're forgetting The Spaghetti Incident, though. That was the musical equivalent of herpes. :P

Anyway...

[b']Alice In Chains - Would?[/b]

i3FnQMSD4Zg

Use Your Illusion 1 & 2 were awesome Chinese Democracy has been their only naff album

I want the new Duff McKagen one :)

Bloc Party - Blue Light

Use Your Illusion had some great tracks but by that point the band was the Axl Rose show and it had some shockingly self indulgent songs. Appetite... is the only classic G'N'R album for me. A good solo album by one of the members of the band is Izzy Stradlin's first solo album (I think it is called Izzy and The Ju Ju Hounds)

Use Your Illusion had some great tracks but by that point the band was the Axl Rose show and it had some shockingly self indulgent songs. Appetite... is the only classic G'N'R album for me.

Can't disagree with any of that' date=' to be honest. Lies is usually forgotten about though, I find. If it had 1 or 2 more songs and you take away the contoversy of the 'One In A Million' lyrics, it wouldn't be that far behind Appetite, in my opinion.

A good solo album by one of the members of the band is Izzy Stradlin's first solo album (I think it is called Izzy and The Ju Ju Hounds)

Haven't heard it, but that wouldn't surprise me at all. Izzy was Guns' strongest songwriter by some distance. People generally say new GNR isn't the same because Slash and Duff are missing, but for me they miss Izzy far more than either of those two.

Can't disagree with any of that' date=' to be honest. Lies is usually forgotten about though, I find. If it had 1 or 2 more songs and you take away the contoversy of the 'One In A Million' lyrics, it wouldn't be that far behind Appetite, in my opinion.

Haven't heard it, but that wouldn't surprise me at all. Izzy was Guns' strongest songwriter by some distance. People generally say new GNR isn't the same because Slash and Duff are missing, but for me they miss Izzy far more than either of those two.[/quote']

Yep, you're speaking a lot of sense (mainly because what you are saying is exactly what I say on a regular basis :P). I think there was a great thin album to be made of the two disks in Use Your Illusion which could have rivalled Appetite if they got the track selection, order etc. right.

Hearing someone give Stradlin the praise he deserves is music ot my ears as I've wasted a lot of breath on people trying to explain his importance to the group :)

Is BFL new album really as good as it is supposed to be? The Sunday Times gave it 5 stars! :eek: Must take a cheeky listen.

Only listened through once so it's hard to judge really. I'd say it's a certainly a progression from Fur and Gold, which in itself was a really well crafted album. Not sure if it's 5 stars but on first listen it's probably shaping up to be one of my favourite records of the year so far, providing it holds up over a few more listens. I'd definately give it a look, it's something that deserves to be judged as a collective piece of work rather than on the singles, there aren't really any stand out tracks.