Sign in to follow this  
Guest Football8

SM Chat, has it gone down in recent months ?

Re: SM Chat, has it gone down in recent months ?

To anyone intending on moaning about Mods on this thread...

Read this. It might be about the forum' date=' but the same principle applies with the chatroom!!

Do something about it, don't moan.... Give the supers something to do, they have it easy now us Mods watch over the place...;)[/quote']

Why do you always tell people to PM Supers?

My time to argue.

In my opinion in comparison to Chat this time last year chat has gone dramatically down hill. Changes need to be made and fast. I've said this since i've joined if your not one of the mods favourites you get ignored. Also there is an idea of whether the moderators set a good example. Ive forwared this question to various mods and theyve replied with 'we're here to moderate not to set an example'. Im sorry but you cant go swearing or criticising people and then kicking them for doing it.

Also in that chatroom in it's current state i wouldnt dare again criticise the chatroom or the way it works. You declare your opinion and if it's something the mods disagree with. BANG! KAPOW! Your kicked. I said something like you cant have a laugh on chat anymore. I was then told by a mod, that if i dont like it get out, and they offered to 'help' me out of there, a.k.a kicking me. Im sorry but it's like, if you say something mods dont like suddenly your no longer respected and criticised at every given opportunity.

Another example, i enter chat and one moderator and somebody on ghost both said look what the chat dragged in, and oh god look who's here everyone go silent. Im sorry but thats not acceptable, to treat someone like that depending on what you may have heard what theyve done. Finally, i've left chat for the near future, and this had to do with the accusation that people like me arguing and telling it like it is, and how people (members of SM) should be treated, that i was 'driving people out of chat'. Need i sayanymore?

I'm ready to argue this out, and im sure many other people in my position are too.

My time to argue.

In my opinion in comparison to Chat this time last year chat has gone dramatically down hill. Changes need to be made and fast. I've said this since i've joined if your not one of the mods favourites you get ignored. Also there is an idea of whether the moderators set a good example. Ive forwared this question to various mods and theyve replied with 'we're here to moderate not to set an example'. Im sorry but you cant go swearing or criticising people and then kicking them for doing it.

Also in that chatroom in it's current state i wouldnt dare again criticise the chatroom or the way it works. You declare your opinion and if it's something the mods disagree with. BANG! KAPOW! Your kicked. I said something like you cant have a laugh on chat anymore. I was then told by a mod' date=' that if i dont like it get out, and they offered to 'help' me out of there, a.k.a kicking me. Im sorry but it's like, if you say something mods dont like suddenly your no longer respected and criticised at every given opportunity.

Another example, i enter chat and one moderator and somebody on ghost both said look what the chat dragged in, and oh god look who's here everyone go silent. Im sorry but thats not acceptable, to treat someone like that depending on what you may have heard what theyve done. Finally, i've left chat for the near future, and this had to do with the accusation that people like me arguing and telling it like it is, and how people (members of SM) should be treated, that i was 'driving people out of chat'. Need i sayanymore?

I'm ready to argue this out, and im sure many other people in my position are too.[/quote']

To be honest, I laughed.

To be honest' date=' i couldn't care less.

Just because you've been on SM longer doesn't make you any superior than anybody else.[/quote']

Who cares about length? Teb and Alan haven't been on here as long as I have and they're supers! I know full well about the fact that length of time /= superiority, you clever Dickens, you.

And if you couldn't care, why post?

My time to argue.

Also in that chatroom in it's current state i wouldnt dare again criticise the chatroom or the way it works. You declare your opinion and if it's something the mods disagree with. BANG! KAPOW! Your kicked. I said something like you cant have a laugh on chat anymore. I was then told by a mod' date=' that if i dont like it get out, and they offered to 'help' me out of there, a.k.a kicking me. Im sorry but it's like, if you say something mods dont like suddenly your no longer respected and criticised at every given opportunity.

I'm ready to argue this out, and im sure many other people in my position are too.[/quote']

Time to argue?

I think it will be your bed time by the time its finished....

The manner of people that come in Adam, someone like yourself, the big I AM, gets no respect, from anyone, not just the mods have a probem with people like that...

You demand respect, you get nothing... You earn it then you will have it from everyone...

I admit now, that I have abused my power, ever so slightly, probably about once... :rolleyes: But on the whole... We do a great job now...

It was this, it was that a year ago.... Times change, people move on, its how well you choose to move on and accept the changes...

Marspur hit the nail on the head.... Its what you want it to be...

My time to argue.

As far as I'm concerned, if your not liked by a certain moderator, what have you done wrong in the past to make them feel that way? I do recall you being banned a few times so that wont help your chances in being noticed as a decent or good chatroomer in the eyes of Mods or fellow members.

Moderators are there to set an example, that's why they were employed in the first place, because they set an example in there, but they are also there to keep the members in line, and if the members don't like that then they can lump it. As for the swearing it should be printscreened and sent to a super ASAP.

Theres a thin line between opinions and slating, some members will generally take the pee out of the mods for their work, others will voice their opinions, and yes it could be a very critisising opinion but the member should not be punished for voicing their own. However if you don't like the chatrooms state, then why stay anyway? there has to be something drawing you towards it.

As for your track record mate, I'm not too sure on it however I have heard a few people complain about your behaviour aswell as mods complaining about you. I said before and this isn't aimed at you buddy, but the main ones who complain are the main culprits for getting into trouble.

How about we just have a simple poll?

Chat' date=' has it gone down?

Yes

or

No[/quote']

You tried that... It failed...

Its not a true reading...

Forumers will come on and just vote yes, it has gone downhill, for the fun of it, even if the have never been on once....

A poll is not the answer to this...

I can't get on the chat because work seems to block chat rooms for some reason, can't think why, but this thread always makes me chuckle. :)

I can't get on the chat because work seems to block chat rooms for some reason' date=' can't think why, but this thread always makes me chuckle. :)[/quote']

Well, that's unlucky, 'cause you're missing out on some good fun! Right, boys and girls? :)

Well' date=' that's unlucky, 'cause you're missing out on some good fun! Right, boys and girls? :)[/quote']

Oh gosh yes... Its a humdinger in there, all the time.. :)

My time to argue.

I agree with everything this bloke has said. Needless to say, his opinion was put out in a thoughtful and non menacing way.... but, look at how the chat mods responded to his post... pretty much sums up the whole issue imo.

A question I have which will not be answered but I'll ask anyway. How old are all these chat moderators?

I agree with everything this bloke has said. Needless to say' date=' his opinion was put out in a thoughtful and non menacing way.... but, look at how the chat mods responded to his post... pretty much sums up the whole issue imo.

A question I have which will not be answered but I'll ask anyway. How old are all these chat moderators?[/quote']

What this guy said isn't actually factual. I've never seen anyone warned or kicked for disagreeing for a mod, unless it's disagreeing about a kick, or disagreeing using profanity, insults or racism. As much as you can complain about a kick or a warning, we cannot allow people to get around the swears, as we have an international community and there are words with different meanings.

If you see a mod swearing or doing one of these punishable offenses, please provide a screenshot to one of our Supers. They will take care of it, no worries.

I've seen the ghost function be abused, but only once or twice. I agree that sometimes mods cross the line, but we are humans after all. For anyone who thinks that the mods were chosen by the SM high-up's because we are part of that clique, it's false. I never even spoke to Ste before I got modded, and have never met anyone else who even plays SM.

As for the age, I think I'm the youngest of the regular chat mods. And there is an 89 rated player on SM who is younger than me, so I think it passes :)

Time to argue?

I think it will be your bed time by the time its finished....

The manner of people that come in Adam' date=' someone like yourself, the big I AM, gets no respect, from anyone, not just the mods have a probem with people like that...

You demand respect, you get nothing... You earn it then you will have it from everyone...

[b']I admit now, that I have abused my power, ever so slightly, probably about once... :rolleyes: But on the whole... We do a great job now...[/b]

It was this, it was that a year ago.... Times change, people move on, its how well you choose to move on and accept the changes...

Marspur hit the nail on the head.... Its what you want it to be...

Like kicking someone (twice) for calling you sir? :P

In all fairness when I've been online, I haven't seen any mods abusing their powers or what have you. Although I think they're too strict on people who pretend to swear, as a joke. Chat's usually a laugh, and the mods have a laugh too.

And I've never seen so many mods post on one thread! :eek:

What this guy said isn't actually factual. I've never seen anyone warned or kicked for disagreeing for a mod' date=' unless it's disagreeing about a kick, or disagreeing using profanity, insults or racism. As much as you can complain about a kick or a warning, we cannot allow people to get around the swears, as we have an international community and there are words with different meanings.

If you see a mod swearing or doing one of these punishable offenses, please provide a screenshot to one of our Supers. They will take care of it, no worries.

I've seen the ghost function be abused, but only once or twice. I agree that sometimes mods cross the line, but we are humans after all. For anyone who thinks that the mods were chosen by the SM high-up's because we are part of that clique, it's false. I never even spoke to Ste before I got modded, and have never met anyone else who even plays SM.

As for the age, I think I'm the youngest of the regular chat mods. And there is an 89 rated player on SM who is younger than me, so I think it passes :)[/quote']

What he said.

Zhangy, I've not seen you about on the chat. Maybe if you popped on you might see where we're coming from. :rolleyes: