Inflated Chairman Values??

Sir Razz

Right.. so I was playing Fifa 08 earlier and I was buying a few players from the transfer market in manager mode :D and thought to myself. Is the Chairman Value of some SM players just a tad bit overexaggerant?

So I came on here and checked out the Transfer market and sussed out a few players and have come to the conclusion that there are some fairly reasonable but there are a few that stand out that in real life.. clubs would never pay so much for the one player.. (unless there real madrid who keep buying/loaning pappsters) :P

Just a few notable examples :rolleyes: ..

20+ million for Ezequiel Garay... Very unrealistic.

Diego Millito 14 million... Surely he isnt worth that much?

Saloman Kalou.. I doubt he is worth 22 million. Id probably rate him about a 16 mill.

Jo.. Barely played for Man City and when he has.. has looked completely out of sorts - why he is worth almost 16 million is beyond me.

Tim Wiese.. has looked largely unconvincing and shaky in goal on the games I have seen him so how he is worth over 10 million is kind of a worry.. id say 7million

The list goes on but obviously i cant name all of them.

Its just an idea maybe to think more realistically over the SM and Chairman Values to maybe make the transfer system more compatible to the likes of fifa and Pes and more so, the world.

Just remember i am not criticising the transfer policy in any way. Just meerely posting an opinion therefore please no scuffles about disagreements :)

Re: Inflated Chairman Values??

I think that the values are set so for exapmle if a player is 20 years old and 90 rated and plays for a big team then he would be worth little as there are lots of good players at the big team were he plays, but if he plays for a small team then he will be worth lots as there arent that many good players at the team.

I think if SM didnt base there chairman values on that and base them more on real life so for example instead of having Salamon Kalou worth 22 million just because his rated 92 and his 23 years old in real life Salamon Kalou would probably be worth 12-15 million.

The chairman value varies from club to club, as stated before. For example, an 19 year old 83 rated player might be valued at £2M by the Barcelona chairman, while the same player might be valued at say £10M by the Airbus UK chairman as he'd be their best player by a mile (no disrespect to Airbus UK).

It's basically how valuable the chairman of the club they're at sees them to the team (hence some players have chairman values above their SM value and some below)

Yes, but the value of players are based heavily on their ratings and age. So Kalou = 22/92 = A lot! If he drops, then his value will also drop to something similar to what you suggest.

Which is why Milito is worth £14m - 93 rated player in his prime. Jo is a 90 rated player and only 21. Wiese is also 90/91 rated (forgotten which). Etc

As for Garay, have you seen him play? He would easily fetch £20m+ in RL - he's only 22 and is considered one of the most promising defenders on the planet.