Place of birth: Recife, Pernambuco

Height: 1.78 Mts.

Weight: 86 Kgs.

Foot: Right

Position: Forward

Team: SC Internacional

Walter_GRUPO2008_PROL.jpg

First Steps

Walter Henrique da Silva, or just Walter as he is known, started his career with the modest São José club in Porto Alegre at the age of 14.

In 2007 though he was discovered by one of the biggest sides in the Rio Grande do Sul as Internacional moved for him. After spending a season on loan at the club, where he shone in the youth teams, he was signed on a permanent deal.

The 19-year-old is a typical number nine as he has a strong physique, is powerful and can score goals at will. But as well as being a striker that likes a physical game, he has also shown how good he is technically in the build-up too.

Walter's official debut for Inter came on May 11, 2008 when he played in the Brazilian championships against Vasco da Gama in the Beira Rio stadium when he came off the bench to replace Iarley.

That same year he went on to play eleven times for the first team, starting four games, but he has yet to score his first goal at the highest level.

"He is a player with great potential, but he is still very young and will mature," former Holland international and current Manchester United scout Jaap Stam stated.

National Team

After playing a number of games in Inter's first team, Rogério Lourenço, Dunga's assistant and technical director of the Under-20 team, called Walter up to become part of the new look squad aiming to make it to the Under-20 World Cup in Egypt this year.

Walter was part of the squad that played in the youth championship in L'Alcudia in Spain in August and was named as the best player in the tournament.

He went into the South American Under-20 event in Venezuela as the key player in the Brazilian team and in his first five games he scored four goals.

Future

The South American championships could change Walter's life and, after finishing the year not playing much for Inter, what his next step would be was therefore undecided.

Following his great performances in Venezuela though, the club could now choose to cash in on the striker and sell him for a profit without ever having seen him become a regular for them.

Walter, who is represented by agent Humberto Rímolo, does have a contract until 2013, but has been tracked by several major European club, including Manchester United.

During the U-20 South American Championships it would appear that he has caught the eye of Juventus representatives, according to Turin daily newspaperTuttosport and it seems as if they have their heart set on taking the striker back to Italy with them.

Reports suggest that the Bianconeri have sent their head scout, Renzo Castagnini, to search for talent and perhaps to bring a few fresh faces to the Olimpico di Torino.

Juve have already been linked with Dentinho and Salvio, but striker Walter is the latest to gather interest, due to his technical ability and physical strength.

Future on SM

Walter was added to the database fairly recently it would seem, given that he still a free agent in many setups, and currently holds a 78 rating.

Last season his opportunities were limited, and what he does ratings rise in the immediate future will largely depend on how Internacional decide to handle him. If he gets more opportunities next term off the back of his brilliant performances in the U-20 tournament in Venezuela then his rating could easily rise into the mid 80s within a season or so. If they decide to cash in on his talent and ship him off to Europe then he is likely to be a slower burner, but with greater potential to push into the 90s in the long term.

My advice would be to snap him up now whilst the opportunity is there to get him cheaply.

Check out this video to see what I am raving about. The first goal is probably one of the best long range thunderbolts you'll ever see; and all the goals are from the recently completed U-20 South American Championship, so you can see how hot this guy's form is!

SpHZmzLej7Y

Re: WALTER - The next U-20 Brazillian Prodigy

I have just completed a transfer to get him for £2M for my Arsenal in GOLD 40' date=' having been a free agent.

This one seems to have escaped under many manager's radar. Snap him up now if you don't have him already![/quote']

You will notice Hercules have him shortlisted. Only setup where I'm bankrupt :mad:

Walter is an awesome player. His goals have been spectacular.

I have just edited the original report to include the goals Walter scored at the recent U-20 South American Championships. The first goal is an absolute cracker!!!! Do not miss out on this guy!

The first goal? How about the one-touch-and-shoot-before-you-can-blink on the long ball? :D

Please be sure to keep us updated' date=' as Inter want 1.5mil for him, should i wait to see if he continues to perform? :)[/quote']

I would snap him up now, because if you wait, you might just end up paying a whole lot more! At the end of the day, £1.5M in this game is nothing, and in my opinion a risk well worth taking.

Hesse' date=' you do know that I'm linking that first post to the thread in my sig as soon as he plays a match for Inter right? :D[/quote']

Insider you are more than welcome to do so my friend; I just see that as recognition for the work that I have put in. (as long as you credit me;) )

Insider you are more than welcome to do so my friend; I just see that as recognition for the work that I have put in. (as long as you credit me;) )

Hehe technically, he was mentionned on my U20 thread first... ;)

But yes, you will get credit. Something like the credit Carbon got on the Taison post.

Fair enough he is your find' date=' I just meant for the work I have done on this thread, but thanks for the credit all the same it is appreciated.[/quote']

To be honest, everyone who watched that tournament found him at the same time. Let's all share him :D Happy family :D

Hehe technically' date=' he was mentionned on my U20 thread first... ;)

But yes, you will get credit. Something like the credit Carbon got on the Taison post.[/quote']

In that case may I make a thread for each of Elias, Wellington Saci, Anderson Santana, Anderson Salles, Ciro and Guto and can you give me the same sort of credit? :P

Jokes, good thread Walter, good spot the both of you. :)

• 2 months later...

Bad news or great news, depending on the point of view.

Walter walked off the bench yesteday after being mad at not playing, and is not happy with the way things are going, being 4th striker behind Taison, Nilmar and Alecsandro. He has been complaining a lot lately.

Tite (manager) has stated that he will have a talk with the player to decide what to do. A transfer abroad is possible.

Walter has now been relegated to the Inter junior squad because of attitude problems and will not join the club for the Copa do Brasil match against Nautico, in Recife.

Which is an even bigger hit seeing as Walter is born in Recife, which is practically on the other side of the country.

• 6 months later...

Anyone have any recent info on Walter?

I Searched the web for half an hour but could not find anything new.

Is he playing/scoring for the Internacional youth team?

Has he apologised for his outburst?

Is it more likely he will get back in the team or move elsewhere? with a 5m+ talent like that maybe Internacional will not be backing down for a long time if Walter does not apologise and start brown-nosing it a bit. I mean they won't want to let him go on the cheap.

• 7 months later...

Some reports say that Porto might be interested in him(like other European top clubs), but untill now, Internacional only received an offer from Portugal.. and was from Portimonense.. :D xD i laughed when the director of Internacional said that :D