Re: More Sub Options In Game.

hmm it isn't broken' date=' but it is so much more realistic to be able to take a player off who is not on form.

see your point and thanks for your opinion :)[/quote']

Your right it would be more realistic to substitute a player performing badly but the way the match engine runs isn't realistic nor would it be able to cater for it, the rating are aesthetic and obviously only awarded after the match, and since their is currently no way to dynamically measure how a player is performing over the course of the match it would be entirely impossible to perform substitutions without being able to actually watch the player performing throughout the match, which would in turn mean an entire revamp of the SM match engine. Also how would one dynamically rate a players performance over the course of the match, Attacking players rated by assists and goals, Midfielders by the number of interceptions and passes completed, Defenders by the number of tackles made or breaking up play etc, it would add to many factors and whilst probably adding to the overall realism of SM would also over complicate it.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

do you think there should be an option to substitute poorly performing players with the new tactics ??? for example, select a player and a form rating and a replacement and a time to do this. for exa

Re: improved SUBS with new tactics !!!!

Re: improved SUBS with new tactics !!!! Great Idea Not Heard It Mentioned, Don't Know if SM Could Add It Now Tough, Least Not Straight Away.. Could Also Have Option for a Sub ya Had Set To Be Made ,

but the way the match engine runs isn't realistic nor would it be able to cater for it' date=' the rating are aesthetic and obviously only awarded after the match,[/quote']

did you see my last post ?

i know ratings are impossible so i said that if the player has not assisted or scored replace him.

or if player has not scored take him off, even if he has assisted take him off.

this could be done for forwards obviously, midfielders if no assists then taking them off is quite useful.

and defenders if clean sheet not kept replace them.

as goal times and assists have match times in them, and obviously are calculated for in game instructions how is this beyond the match engine ?

This idea would make the game more dynamic-however it seems the game evolves over time since things like stored tactics have been introduced. So' date=' although right now it may not be implemented, it may well be a feature of gold membership.[/quote']

hmmm that would annoy me, stored tactics is fine but this feature would have to be for both free and gold members.

reason?

this site was advertised when i joined( i think it still is) as the worlds best FREE soccer manager.

it would not be "free" if it gave gold members a competitve advantage over regular users.

taking off a player who is not playing well gives them an edge.

my logic anyway

• 2 months later...

Not sure how this would work but there should be some way of being able to keep the same tactics if you've just scored a goal.

Sorry I know thats vague so for example: if youre loosing by 2goals at 60mins you change tactics, at 75mins you are only loosing by 1goal but because you can only choose "loosing at..." your tactics change and you end up loosing by one goal whereas if youd have kept the 60min tactics you might've drawn. It would have to be a different option to just "loosing by...at..." because you would have to set ridiculous amounts of tactics.

Hopefully that makes sence?

Not sure how this would work but there should be some way of being able to keep the same tactics if you've just scored a goal.

Sorry I know thats vague so for example: if youre loosing by 2goals at 60mins you change tactics' date=' at 75mins you are only loosing by 1goal but because you can only choose "loosing at..." your tactics change and you end up loosing by one goal whereas if youd have kept the 60min tactics you might've drawn. It would have to be a different option to just "loosing by...at..." because you would have to set ridiculous amounts of tactics.

Hopefully that makes sence?[/quote']

i used to do that, you only need to fill the 8 tactics to do that.

its fine imo :) not too many.

I think it would be a good idea to have options like substitute for worst performing Defender/Mid/Fwd,for example Ive got Ozil, Nasri,and Di Maria playing, if I'm loosing at 60 minutes and I want to make a substitution I can have an option to put Hazard in for the Midfielder that's performing the worst.Not sure if this has been mentioned,thoughts?

I think it would be a good idea to have options like substitute for worst performing Defender/Mid/Fwd' date='for example Ive got Ozil, Nasri,and Di Maria playing, if I'm loosing at 60 minutes and I want to make a substitution I can have an option to put Hazard in for the Midfielder that's performing the worst.Not sure if this has been mentioned,thoughts?[/quote']

thats what i suggested before.

replacing players based on form.

or replacing players based on f they kept a clean sheet.

replacing players if they have not scored or assited.

that kind of thing.

thats what i suggested before.

replacing players based on form.

or replacing players based on f they kept a clean sheet.

replacing players if they have not scored or assited.

that kind of thing.

Yea exactly,can't be that difficult,Ive played other Online Manager games that aren't as good as SM that have this option.

Yea exactly' date='can't be that difficult,Ive played other Online Manager games that aren't as good as SM that have this option.[/quote']

my knowledge of programming is 0 so i wont go into the difficulty.

but the fact is it is the best way to make changes.

losing at 60 mins make this change: you take off dzeko for rooney as in my team currently.

dzeko was the only player who has scored so from losing 1-0 i then got battered 3-0.

subs are all well and good but in real life it is obvious to say you take off poorly performing players, you can't guess that before the game.

it would be an awesome change i think. add real functionality :)

my knowledge of programming is 0 so i wont go into the difficulty.

but the fact is it is the best way to make changes.

losing at 60 mins make this change: you take off dzeko for rooney as in my team currently.

dzeko was the only player who has scored so from losing 1-0 i then got battered 3-0.

subs are all well and good but in real life it is obvious to say you take off poorly performing players' date=' you can't guess that before the game.

it would be an awesome change i think. add real functionality :)[/quote']

I agree,we need to get more support for this idea tho

This may have been mentioned as I didn't read every reply :o

I'm pretty sure the ratings aren't added to the squad until the end, just like Red cards and injuries.....so it may need alot more work to implement.

don't hold me to that, but I'm sure I have read it somewhere.

I still like the idea though..thumbs up

This may have been mentioned as I didn't read every reply :o

I'm pretty sure the ratings aren't added to the squad until the end' date=' just like Red cards and injuries.....so it may need alot more work to implement.

don't hold me to that, but I'm sure I have read it somewhere.

I still like the idea though..thumbs up[/quote']

agreed ratings may be hard to do.

but goals are given times as are assists, so surely this can be done ?

agreed ratings may be hard to do.

but goals are given times as are assists' date=' so surely this can be done ?[/quote']

I have never seen a time given for assist's, I would also guess that the times given for goals are merely cosmetic, with the match commentary made up after the match has been played and the number of goals in each half adding up to the main page of the report, so if the result was 3-2 with the half time score being 1-0 then the match commentary would have 1 goal in the first half and 4 in the second half, with the rest of the commentary being filler, all you have to do is look at your reports and you will the rest is filler eg my most recent report...

22' A delicate chip has Ben FOSTER stumbling back towards goal

23' Ben FOSTER tips it onto the bar

24' Yellow Card BOOKED - Phil JAGIELKA gets a yellow card after shouting abusive language

25' Hugo LLORIS fists the ball to safety

26' Darren BENT finds himself in time and space but nothing is made of it

27' An excellent strike is tipped over the bar by Hugo LLORIS

I mean that's the most ridiculous improbable match ever

I have never seen a time given for assist's' date=' I would also guess that the times given for goals are merely cosmetic, with the match commentary made up after the match has been played and the number of goals in each half adding up to the main page of the report, so if the result was 3-2 with the half time score being 1-0 then the match commentary would have 1 goal in the first half and 4 in the second half, with the rest of the commentary being filler, all you have to do is look at your reports and you will the rest is filler eg my most recent report...

22' A delicate chip has Ben FOSTER stumbling back towards goal

23' Ben FOSTER tips it onto the bar

24' Yellow Card BOOKED - Phil JAGIELKA gets a yellow card after shouting abusive language

25' Hugo LLORIS fists the ball to safety

26' Darren BENT finds himself in time and space but nothing is made of it

27' An excellent strike is tipped over the bar by Hugo LLORIS

I mean that's the most ridiculous improbable match ever[/quote']

Exactly, I think people forget that the results are decided in an instant and everything else is added after to make it interesting....

Where else would you get aplayer injuried in the first minute and palying the rest of the match :P

In a recent match I had a player sent off in the 62nd minute and the match report showed he got injured as well - according to the commentary he was sent off for "shouting abusive language" presumably while lying on the ground :D

Goals (and goal scorers) are slightly random as I've seen some bizarre things in my time on here, such as a 2-1 win with the goals scored in the 1st, 2nd and 4th minute! But they can't be totally random because you like to think if you change formation in the 75th minute for example and score in the 80th then that's your tactical genius at work rather than the SM supercomputer (2 Sinclair ZX80s sellotaped together) deciding you'd score in the 80th minute whatever happened lol

In a recent match I had a player sent off in the 62nd minute and the match report showed he got injured as well - according to the commentary he was sent off for "shouting abusive language" presumably while lying on the ground :D

Goals (and goal scorers) are slightly random as I've seen some bizarre things in my time on here' date=' such as a 2-1 win with the goals scored in the 1st, 2nd and 4th minute! But they can't be totally random because you like to think if you change formation in the 75th minute for example and score in the 80th then that's your tactical genius at work rather than the SM supercomputer (2 Sinclair ZX80s sellotaped together) deciding you'd score in the 80th minute whatever happened lol[/quote']

exactly, several times in a row now when loosing, in friendlies or league games i set up a 3412 and go all out.

i nearly always score 1 or more. i will only loose if they score due to my ultra attacking style.

so i think the match engine does work out times, it may be random from 0 to 45 and between changes, but changes definately take place.

either way being able to take off a non goal scorer for the reasons i explained above is possible i think :)

i see your point, but assists must be given a time / same as the goal. not cosmetic purely or random because rooney for me got loads last season, which fitted mt tactics as him as player maker in 3-4-1-2 :)

• 2 weeks later...

my primarily problem with the sub options is they do not kick in when the situations are met.

i had a match versus Florentia and won 6 - 0. i set a formation and substitution change in the 60th minute if i was already winning by 2 goals... i was 4 - 0 up by then and the change didn't happen.

this game was one of the many i had that situations were met but the change didn't happen.

it would be very useful to have it kick in when its required because it involves resting key players in the squad so they can recover with a high enough physical rating for the next game.

my primarily problem with the sub options is they do not kick in when the situations are met.

i had a match versus Florentia and won 6 - 0. i set a formation and substitution change in the 60th minute if i was already winning by 2 goals... i was 4 - 0 up by then and the change didn't happen.

this game was one of the many i had that situations were met but the change didn't happen.

it would be very useful to have it kick in when its required because it involves resting key players in the squad so they can recover with a high enough physical rating for the next game.

send a ticket in, as this is a bug if true.