Re: SM team of the season

what fromation would you use - 4-4-2

if that is so each postion would have to be based on average performance. for players of that position.

best lb , rb , cb , cb, lm , rm , cm , cm ,f , f

this would have its flaws as if the whole league plays 3-5-2 using cbs as their back 3, the best eft back maybe a naf player who has made an off chance sub appearance. the average performance would have to be accounted if a player has played a certain amounnt of games. that will stop a player who played well once for the one game he was chosen, being placed higher than a player who payed consistently well over the whole season... just an idea.:)

Premier League do a team of the year in the 4 4 2 formation so how is that flawed . If you play 3 5 2 then your 3 cb's have a chance of getting into the two spaces made available in team of the year. Yes i think they would have to have appeared in started in over 28 league games to be able to get into the team

Premier League do a team of the year in the 4 4 2 formation so how is that flawed . If you play 3 5 2 then your 3 cb's have a chance of getting into the two spaces made available in team of the year. And i doubt in a league of twenty there will only be rubbish full backs .

They mean if all the teams played 3-5-2, then there would only be CBs in the average performance table, so there wouldnt be any leftbacks or rightbacks in the team of the season.

They mean if all the teams played 3-5-2' date=' then there would only be CBs in the average performance table, so there wouldnt be any leftbacks or rightbacks in the team of the season.[/quote']

What are the chances of every team playing 3 5 2

....you do the math

What are the chances of every team playing 3 5 2

....you do the math

not as low as you would expect, and if a certain amount of appearances to qualify, was introuced it would mean that if a team rotated between 4-4-2 and 3-5-2 playing a lb and rb only in the 3-5-2, then no lb or rb would qualify for team of the season. and what would happen if you played your left back up front and he scored a bagful - if he got a high match average would he go down as the best left back in the league or best forward???? don't get me wrong i love the idea but just think it will need the imperfections to be ironed out:)

Great idea.

And with above, you'd hardly play a LB up front for X amount of games would you? The only time a team would rotate would be for Cups/SMFA comps. And with only around a quater of the league in SMFA Comps in a GC thats hardly a problem, one of the lower teams plaers would get a spot. In normal setups teams obviously get knocked out of the domestics, so there'll always be plaers who can take the spots. IMO the cut off for games should be over half of the season, so if 30 games in a season, must of played 16 and if 38 they must've played 20 and so on. The chance of every single team playing 3-5-2 is almost nil and if that doesn't happen the chance of every single team playing 3 CB's with any CB/RB's, CB/LB's or D's is well, impossible. Don't forgot secondary posistions, they should count hear as I know with certain teams I play a CB/RB as a RB an so on.

It was just an idea ....:confused:

thought it would help the game :(

Its constructive criticism. The best ideas have constructive criticism. All possible scenarios have to be thought of. For example, with the new tactics, SM had to think of every possible combination of tactic, and make sure that only 3 subs can be made.

It was just an idea ....:confused:

thought it would help the game :(

It's an excellent idea. And it's not too complex. With a bit of common sense it's more than do-able. And even if slightly flawed, regarding a common formation, it'd still be a great introduction.

i think this is a good idea and should be added in with the formation looking like this....

----------------GK-----------------

----RB----------CB----------LB----

----------------DM----------------

----RM----CM/AM---CM/AM--LM---

------------CF/F-----CF/F--------

Or but SM could probably find a way around the complications and iron them out. Could be a good idea and could be used in Game World threads on the forum at the end of each season.

i think this is a good idea and should be added in with the formation looking like this....

----------------GK-----------------

----RB----------CB----------LB----

----------------DM----------------

----RM----CM/AM---CM/AM--LM---

------------CF/F-----CF/F--------

Or but SM could probably find a way around the complications and iron them out. Could be a good idea and could be used in Game World threads on the forum at the end of each season.

I do do this at the end of EC106 seasons. Its just difficult to work out who was best.

I can see that this is a Football manager sort of suggestion. ;)

I'd agree with it, but would it be the team of the season meaning players form all around the setup?

Or team of the season which consists of players from that specific league only.

I's prefer both to be honest :D

IN a traditional 4-4-2 :D

I think everyone subscribed on this thread agrees the idea is a great one, even though we don't all agree on the exact positional make-up of the team :) . However, let's take the discussion further to discuss what factors would you choose into deciding the perfect team. Would you go by average ratings, goals scored for strikers, clean sheets, goals/game ratio, most games won by individual players etc etc. The list of factors is endless, but to make SM stand up and take note perhaps we need to agree a mutual set of principles on which to base the decision of the best players in any gameworld.

All have flaws e.g. if you go by average ratings, you might just find that one team's players may dominate the team of the season line-up (this happened in a prominent custom gameworld in not too long ago). Perhaps goals and assists for strikers and midfielders - some kind of points system - e.g 1pt for a goal and half point for an assist :confused: . For goalies would it be clean sheets, least goals conceded/game or some other factor. Would a defender with 6 goals and average rating of 7.10 be better than a defender with no goals and an average rating of 8.23? Would players need to have played a minimum number of games at least during the season to be considered?

If some kind of general consensus could be reached on the deciding factors, I'm sure it will force SM to look at this idea more seriously and consider incorporating it into the game, so I hope this will stimulate some discussion :)

SM FORUM TEAM OF MOMENT

GK -Crazy Bones Neller (you gotta be crazy to be between the sticks) :D

LB - Tebthereb (with 2 left feet he was a shoe-in for the job) :P

CB - Insider (where else would Mark play but 'inside' the wingbacks) B)

CB - Bob Loblaw (with experience required, who else was old enough?) :eek:

RB - irishwombat (a wombat only feels at home near the corner flag ..... on the right .... in Ireland ... where else!? :rolleyes:

LM - Darshan (pretending to be the new "left footed" Rafa VDV, pity he's right footed) :(

DM - col lufc (Being a Leeds fan, Col knows how to defend in numbers) :o

AM - Smartdoc (it takes a steady foot to thread passes like a surgeon does a needle) :)

RM - Boy Better Know (Danny 'the boy' Williams does his best Eboue impersonation) :confused:

FW - Dai (the 'selfless one' likes to just 'support' Nells when he needs it) :rolleyes:

CF - Neller (loves the glory and he refuses to play anywhere else on the pitch) :eek:

COACH - Bestpay (trying desperately to spot ANY potential risers, he's at a total & utter loss as to who to pick for MoM) LOL

I think everyone subscribed on this thread agrees the idea is a great one' date=' even though we don't all agree on the exact positional make-up of the team :) . However, let's take the discussion further to discuss what factors would you choose into deciding the perfect team. Would you go by average ratings, goals scored for strikers, clean sheets, goals/game ratio, most games won by individual players etc etc. The list of factors is endless, but to make SM stand up and take note perhaps we need to agree a mutual set of principles on which to base the decision of the best players in any gameworld.

All have flaws e.g. if you go by average ratings, you might just find that one team's players may dominate the team of the season line-up (this happened in a prominent custom gameworld in not too long ago). Perhaps goals and assists for strikers and midfielders - some kind of points system - e.g 1pt for a goal and half point for an assist :confused: . For goalies would it be clean sheets, least goals conceded/game or some other factor. Would a defender with 6 goals and average rating of 7.10 be better than a defender with no goals and an average rating of 8.23? Would players need to have played a minimum number of games at least during the season to be considered?

If some kind of general consensus could be reached on the deciding factors, I'm sure it will force SM to look at this idea more seriously and consider incorporating it into the game, so I hope this will stimulate some discussion :)[/quote']

i still believe that every position has different way to decide that is he good enough to be listed in SM TEAM OF SEASON.

GK,the player who has smallest goal conceded ratio with notes he must play minimum 2/3 league matches. So, there won't be a player become best GK when he has clean sheet just play from 5 matches

RB/LB. The player who has best average rating n most assist

CB. The duties for CB is defend, so it's depend how good is he in his team but it's depend for team average rating. Ferdinand example won't be chose if he play as 95 avrg squad if Hangeland who has 87 avrg squad in Fulham has same avrg rtg with him

RM/LM/WAverage rating from all over the season, average assist and goals. If Ronaldo has 8 goals n 14 assist for the season,then his score is (14+8)/2=11

DM The player who has most clear tackles and do his defensive job well

CM/AM Combination between player who has avg rtg player n most assist or goal

F/CF Topscorer of the season and the player who has both of good assist n goal, just like in W. So,the partner for topscorer can be not the 2nd topscorer. E.g Rooney has 12 goal and 2 assist while Torres has 10 goal n 6 assist, Torres will chosen