soccermanager not working???

Alex Hill

Re: soccermanager not working???

yea i know but my main computer wont switch on now because when i tried to get on sm, it wouldnt work and i exited and my screen froze up.

I manually shut down te pc and tried turning back on now it goes to load screen, stops for about 30seconds and then reboots.

It does it over and over but doesnt turn on :/

so my hard drive is screwed, i ave to use my laptop to talk on forums

yea i know but my main computer wont switch on now because when i tried to get on sm' date=' it wouldnt work and i exited and my screen froze up.

I manually shut down te pc and tried turning back on now it goes to load screen, stops for about 30seconds and then reboots.

It does it over and over but doesnt turn on :/

so my hard drive is screwed, i ave to use my laptop to talk on forums[/quote']

thts really bad :(

Division ladder links still aren't working from yesterday.

Player search seems to be broken for me too. Anyone else? :confused:

*Ahh, just seen the SM annoucement. Fair enough.

We are experiencing some problems with the site and certain Game Worlds. We are aware of the problem and will have the site fixed asap.

Not just you. SM has been very buggy lately. No transfers have been completed in the last 48 hours in many setups

Glad this isn't just me its well anoying i have raised a ticket for thisbut missed out on a lot of risers that if the transfer went through within 24 hours i would have signed some great players.

Very annying when i have purchased a custom setup and with 20 people playing in it from work you can imagine how much competition and banter you get.

Very disapointed :mad:

Soccermanager current stats:

Active Members: 202' date='935

Managed Clubs: 462,730

Gold Members: 8,805

Online Members: 5,089

Number Game Worlds: 0

Number of game worlds is a tad worrying. But apparently people are online[/quote']

I noticed this too... The "Number Game Worlds: 0" was correct information. Considering that no one could log into the site at the time, there is no way that the "Online Members" information was correct.

I think that SM no longer provides the "real-time" information for the "Online Members" data. Maybe historically they did provide this real-time information; however, after this morning's outage, it's evident that that they no longer provide correct Online Member data in real-time. It's not a big deal, but it certainly is misleading, especially from a marketing perspective (not to mention from an internal-SM "truthful data about our product and our users' trends" perspective).

One explanation for why it was showing "Online Members: 5,089", when the actual number had to be ZERO, is that SM now APPROXIMATE their supposed "real-time" Online Members data. So basically from historical data they knew what % of their total members were online at any given time. So between 8:30-9:00AM every morning SM approximate that 4-5% of their total # of users are online at any given time, and it displays this number on the SM homepage..... in this case, "Online Members: 5,089".

Who knows.....maybe it takes significant developer/system resources to provide this information in actual real time. If that's the case, I am thrilled that in this global recession that SM is taking resources off of something like that and putting the resources onto game enhancements/bug-fixes. Or perhaps SM has never provided actual "real time" Online Member data in the first place... (Would hope that the latter isn't true as they would be missing out on user data that most in the software world, not to mention the online-advertising world, would deem to be very important.)

Maybe a Dev @ SM or a Mod can comment on this...

• 1 year later...

Thanx Ashh, Ok it would seem now that its just 1 of my 5 clubs, the first on my list. It NOW says about this GW that it is disabled for maintenance. Typical its the only GW where I need to take urgent action, so not to lose 2 players in a transfer battle. :(

Thanx Ashh' date=' Ok it would seem now that its just 1 of my 5 clubs, the first on my list. It NOW says about this GW that it is disabled for maintenance. Typical its the only GW where I need to take urgent action, so not to lose 2 players in a transfer battle. :([/quote']

I had this yesterday , i thought you meant something else but i think there just doing Maintenance on the leagues league by league