red menace

best LB???  

1. 1.

• Evra
    • Lahm
    • Abidal
    • Ashley Cole

Re: best LB???

I guess you will have to invite me. Lahm is a German version of Dani Alves. Evra is just a faster and stronger version of Abidal. I'd rather have technique' date=' speed, and technical defending for a Wing Back,rather than strength and speed.[/quote']

well, the wing back job is not only attack but also defend and Evra is the only LB in the world now who good in both

I guess you will have to invite me. Lahm is a German version of Dani Alves. Evra is just a faster and stronger version of Abidal. I'd rather have technique' date=' speed, and technical defending for a Wing Back,rather than strength and speed.[/quote']

I have to disagree with you. Especially Abidal is way better technically than Lahm. His number one "quarter back" right now. ;) So, I think Evra maybe ain't as skilled as Abidal, but easily comparable to Lahm. And Lahm this season hasn't shown too good defense, and as gozgoz just said, Evra is in his own class with his defensive game, when compared to this choices. So, I'd maybe say Evra too. Abidal is better with the ball, but still, Evra's total performance is better. I wonder what Cole is doing in this contest.

I'm surprised that Abidal has got only one vote. His great - already Aulas said that Abidal is the best player for his spot in the world. Is this maybe because of his bad performances in l'EDF ? Should not be forgotten, that they've played him as CB and/or with strange, badly performing guys and this as the other great ideas of M. Domenech have undoubtedly affected his performances in international games. Now I feel I should have voted for him. He has big role in Barça's superiority over the rest of the world.

just my opinion but i luv both lahm and evra, for me the best fullbacks in the world... and altho it is a lil off topic and perhaps not a good reason to vote for lahm, but he can play both sides not jus LB, so if a had to choose 1 it would have to be lahm, ur gettin a much more acclompished player....

when i think of lahm i think of lung busting runs and amazing long rangers (both recent international tournements)

when i think of evra i think, rapid, strong and great at getting to the by line for delivering a cross

when i think of ashley cole i think money grabbing greedy dirty horrific player who cheated on an absolute ride of a women :P

when i think of abidal i think pish!!! and any more thots of him makes me wanna kill domminech... i also heard rumours that he starts abidal over evra due to star signs?? that sounds like the tactics of a lunatic

just my opinion but i luv both lahm and evra' date=' for me the best fullbacks in the world... and altho it is a lil off topic and perhaps not a good reason to vote for lahm, but he can play both sides not jus LB, so if a had to choose 1 it would have to be lahm, ur gettin a much more acclompished player....

when i think of lahm i think of lung busting runs and amazing long rangers (both recent international tournements)

when i think of evra i think, rapid, strong and great at getting to the by line for delivering a cross

when i think of ashley cole i think money grabbing greedy dirty horrific player who cheated on an absolute ride of a women :P

when i think of abidal i think pish!!! and any more thots of him makes me wanna kill domminech... i also heard rumours that he starts abidal over evra due to star signs?? that sounds like the tactics of a lunatic[/quote']

Well star signs could explain Domenechs tactics in general, but I don't believe it's tha case in here. Abidal's form in Barcelona and before that in Lyon should remind everybody of his skills.

I agree, the ability to play RB add's to Lahm's value, no doubt. And he's a german runner, no doubt, and the only one of these players I've ever tried to by in SM too, exactly because he's versatile and reliable. However, imo he's defense hasn't been much this season. It might be that I'm thinking too much to the begining of the season when Bayern played without Ribery and everything went wrong.

Well I can't believe Clichy hasn't even been considered.People foget that he is only 23 there is still a lot to come from him yet.The problem is with him is that when he does make a mistake it is always costly.But anyway at the moment "The Worlds Best Left Back" has got to go Evra because of his attacking and defensive qualities and most of all his consistently.

:rolleyes:

What is cole even doing this list :D cole is no where near a 93 ratin' date=' he is only england num 1 because we have nobody else to fill the spot.[/quote']

yeah, i somehow admited that cole should not be in the poll, but we football fans have to agree that there aren't many great LB compared to the other positions. Come on, the best lb rated is abidal.

i really think that sm aren't so genorous when they rate defenders compared to midfielders and strikers

Well I can't believe Clichy hasn't even been considered.

Especially since Cole is on the list. Clichy does a way better work for Arsenal than Cole ever did. But actually, should some older names, like Jankulovski be considered too ? I've always liked his game and though I haven't seen him playing for some time I've heard that he's currently doing really well. I don't know just how well he's doing, but at least few years ago, before Abidal's coming to the top of the top, I would have voted for him.

no you wouldn't have. King Carlos was still playing for us...

Yes I would have. Sorry, but although I always found Roberto Carlos an extraordinary LB I never found him an extraordinary good one. He's consistency in making a lot of defensive mistakes just didn't allow to consider him as a very good defender. More likely, his defensive game made me often wonder if he has brains at all.