Locked Setups

chelsea1992

Hopefully this will help sm fill more setups and maybe get sticked.

There is one setup im in that is locked and everytime a manager quits no new managers can rejoin.

To stop this from happening and to cut down on new custom setups being made maybe people could post the setups they are in that are locked and if a gold member decided to make a new setup they would come and look at the locked setups in this thread and take it on to save more setups going to ruins.

any feedback on this?

EDIT: Its been stikied hopefully we can get a list full of locked setups for gold members to choose from:

Locked Setups So Far:

Bacon Me Man: 61 clubs available (including Chelsea, Man u and Liverpool)

World Championship 3 clubs available

mac's championship - Juventus and Milan unmanaged

Ben hockaday's elite championship - Arsenal and Milan unmanaged

waffy's league - Arsenal unmanaged

Pilarz Championship (Not Sure Of Teams)

Windsors League 3

Ultimate SM Championship (Inter, Tot, bayern, everton, Roma, Atlético Madrid and Ajax all unmanged with good teams)

SM Superstars League 61 clubs available (including Liverpool)

Classic Euro League (Bayern Munich and Manchester United available)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Locked Setups

im currently playing in a locked setup. it is now in its 4th season and recently been locked due to the creater not renewing his membership.

its a good idea for someone to take over and unlock it but then they could kick people out and let their mates have the best teams after people playing it alot for 4 seasons .

theres good and bad points

If anyone is in a locked setup or knows of a locked set up post its name on this thread and ill add it to the list for you.

Pilarz Championship (Not Sure Of Teams But Its Was My Friends Old One)

Windsors League 3 I Got Barcelona and Milan etc ummanaged. i have had them for ages and its so boring i might quit them! :mad:

a lot of people arent,wen they are new to the game gonna buy a used setup because they want to start fresh,if their a big team maybe,but wat is the point? wen u can just let big teams go unmanaged and get all the best players? we all wanna win, and it is killing the competition because people are clicking on to the idea,,( which i have myself got to admit) of just raising some money by selling players waiting for the next big team to go unmanaged,they've got to stop the private locked thing soon,or at least make it last a certain period,then unlock it for a bit,cos otherwise it is going to kill,custom set ups

I just posted and an admin wiped it! so i will take out the angry tone of it...

the 2 i'm in are:

'Nellers forum setup'

'Hoot if you love haggis world leagues'

Who's great idea was it to lock unowned setups?

Now barca, chelsea, man utd's players are being ransacked because half of them are unmanaged. This will make SM about 50 quid and cost thousands of users their favourite setups!:(

I think they should stick to their original model of earning through traffic & people subscribing if they love it so much. But not these little tax-like charges like having to buy an old setup

If the reason for this is that they need to clear old setups to save bandwidth then how about having a 10 season limit, then if it's not owned it gets wiped at the end of that season? instead of just suddenly ruining 3 years of my team building!!!

Thank you, and sorry to the moderator for the previous one.

when the setup is locked it continues playing as normal but no new managers can join, but old managers leave so the setup will be eventually abandoned unless someone wants to buy it and unlock it. very cheap trick by SM imo. no one is going to buy someone else's old abandoned setup when they could just make their own

• 1 month later...

when the setup is locked it continues playing as normal but no new managers can join' date=' but old managers leave so the setup will be eventually abandoned unless someone wants to buy it and unlock it. very cheap trick by SM imo. no one is going to buy someone else's old abandoned setup when they could just make their own[/quote']

Totally agree, although it is at a reduced price compared to buying a new one.

but totally agree with you, i certainly wouldn't buy a used setup, but there are people out there, that might take interest in saving a bit of cash and just doing it.....:D

another locked setup,custom european super league, id number is 3453

its a good league but currently only 20/64 teams managed

chelsea

ac milan

barcelona

benfica

athletico madrid

real madrid

all available.

its currently in its 6th season and desperately needs taking over.

if you type in european super league, it is the second one down rated just over 3 stars

• Kev unpinned this topic