• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Spain Vs England

Its a friendly...

I don't pay much attention to them... They are quite pointless really... Too many substitutions spoil them...

I am looking forward to it. but only because I want Spain to win..

Otherwise, if England beat the current European Champions we will hear about it for years...

Spain and England go head to head t onight in a International Friendly

should be tough game for england as Gerrard and Torres are both injured

What do u guys think will be the final out come

Dosn't Torres being injured make it slightly easier for England lol :confused:

Going to have to watch the match online tonight as Scottish ITV arn't showing it

Going to be an intresting match, Spain are probs the best international team in Europe at the moment, but England are looking great under Cappello. I'd start with Cole and Hesky up front and see how that goes and then bring on Aby at half time. Gerrard being injured gives Lampard the chance to marshal midfield. But overall I think its going to be a draw

Spain and England go head to head t onight in a International Friendly

should be tough game for england as Gerrard and Torres are both injured

What do u guys think will be the final out come

I also don't understand why it will be tough for England with Torres injured?

Torres playes for Spain, which is a good thing right?

theres no chance for us to win tonight. with gerrard and rooney both out there is no real threat in attack for us, any we've somehow got to put the ball past the best keeper in the world without a world-class front man more times than the likes of villa/torres/xavi ect. can put the ball past david james. no chance

James might not start. Rob Green has been in good form for West Ham so i would expect him to start.

EDIT: And we do have a threat in attack. Heskey and Agbonlahor is a good a front pairing. Frank Lampard can score goals and if Beckham does start we will be a threat from set pieces.

rob green is still not good.

and i said a world class front man - heskeys not nearly that and gabby has a long way b4 hes world class. we shall see how beckham plays but hes still not a front man and neithers lampard.

Can't see England winning tbh, whether it be against Spain's best side (unlikely) or a second string.

Never had much time for friendlies myself, as the managers tend to try out new players, so we don't get to see the skills and ability of the world class players (that said, Spain's second string are still probably pretty skillful, hopefully the likes of Capel or Mata play (if they're even in the squad, I haven't checked)). On the bright side at least the England second string play with passion.

Spain will either win by a goal or it'll be a draw IMO.

Can't see England winning tbh' date=' whether it be against Spain's best side (unlikely) or a second string.

Never had much time for friendlies myself, as the managers tend to try out new players, so we don't get to see the skills and ability of the world class players (that said, Spain's second string are still probably pretty skillful, hopefully the likes of Capel or Mata play (if they're even in the squad, I haven't checked)). On the bright side at least the England second string play with passion.

Spain will either win by a goal or it'll be a draw IMO.[/quote']

Busquets is the only Spanish debutant I think.