Spain Vs England

Aza Bolam

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Spain Vs England

Honestly, i think spain will win us, 3-1.. we dont have Rooney he is our best player upfront, and i wuda liked to seen wallcot on the left with beckham on the right, but wallcot is injured, if we had gerrrard wuda been good too but the form carricks in at the moment that place will be safe..

whos gonna be at right back is intrestin..

Really don't care what the score is as long as no Liverpool players get injured. I'd rather see us lose 5-0, than have 1 L'pool players miss 1 match. I don't know why, but I've got a feeling that Carrick will make his England come-back today, starting ahead of Barry, and then get written off by Xavi or someone and put out of action for the rest of the season :o.

Anyway, as for the score I just can't see England getting anything from it. I mean, how many fit England players would start for Spain? Ferdinand and Terry is all I can think of.

Honestly' date=' i think spain will win us, 3-1.. we dont have Rooney he is our best player upfront, and i wuda liked to seen wallcot on the left with beckham on the right, but wallcot is injured, if we had gerrrard wuda been good too but the form carricks in at the moment that place will be safe..

whos gonna be at right back is intrestin..[/quote']

Got to be Johnson. He's the most in-form player and has played great for England in previous matches.

I will be very disappointed if he doesn't play...

Marcos Senna wasn't playing for Spain when all this racist chanting was going on and if he's playing today I don't see it happening..

But tbh I don't see it happening at all. Fifa will sanction them big time if that does happen and Spanish fans must be worried what Fifa would do to them e.g. not letting them qualify for the World Cup etc.

Really don't care what the score is as long as no Liverpool players get injured. I'd rather see us lose 5-0' date=' than have 1 L'pool players miss 1 match. I don't know why, but I've got a feeling that Carrick will make his England come-back today, starting ahead of Barry, and then get written off by Xavi or someone and put out of action for the rest of the season :o.

Anyway, as for the score I just can't see England getting anything from it. I mean, how many [b']fit[/b] England players would start for Spain? Ferdinand and Terry is all I can think of.

They would fit Gerrard in there somewhere. But that's about it. Spain have an amazing all-round squad and brilliant depth. When the likes of Riera or Arteta can't even make the 23 man squad it just shows how good they are.

I wish I was Spanish. :)

We'll get a draw if were lucky.

Btw is Matta in the squad for spain?

Mata is not in the Spain squad. Here is the full Spain squad just so you know ;)

Goalkeepers: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid)' date=' Pepe Reina (Liverpool).

Defenders: Raul Albiol (Valencia), Carlos Marchena (Valencia), Alvaro Arbeloa (Liverpool), Joan Capdevila (Villarreal), Juan Gutierrez (Real Betis), Gerard Pique (Barcelona), Carles Puyol (Barcelona), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid).

Midfielders: Xabi Alonso (Liverpool), Albert Riera (Liverpool), Sergi Busquets (Barcelona), Santiago Cazorla (Villarreal), Marcos Senna (Villarreal), Xavi Hernandez (Barcelona), Andres Iniesta (Barcelona), David Silva (Valencia).

Forwards: Daniel Guiza (Fenerbahce), Fernando Llorente (Athletic Bilbao ), Fernando Torres (Liverpool), David Villa (Valencia). [/b']

Mata is not in the Spain squad. Here is the full Spain squad just so you know ;)

Goalkeepers: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid)' date=' Pepe Reina (Liverpool).

Defenders: Raul Albiol (Valencia), Carlos Marchena (Valencia), Alvaro Arbeloa (Liverpool), Joan Capdevila (Villarreal), Juan Gutierrez (Real Betis), Gerard Pique (Barcelona), Carles Puyol (Barcelona), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid).

Midfielders: Xabi Alonso (Liverpool), Albert Riera (Liverpool), Sergi Busquets (Barcelona), Santiago Cazorla (Villarreal), Marcos Senna (Villarreal), Xavi Hernandez (Barcelona), Andres Iniesta (Barcelona), David Silva (Valencia).

Forwards: Daniel Guiza (Fenerbahce), Fernando Llorente (Athletic Bilbao ), Fernando Torres (Liverpool), David Villa (Valencia). [/b']

Oh dear..

England are doomed ;[

Its a friendly...

I don't pay much attention to them... They are quite pointless really... Too many substitutions spoil them...

I am looking forward to it. but only because I want Spain to win..

Otherwise' date=' if England beat the current European Champions we will hear about it for years...[/quote']

HA! Dai if they lose you won't hear the back of them either :D

You just have to hope it is a terrible match with no controversy whatsoever, with a 0-0 scoreline. Even then though people will just say that England were boring :rolleyes:

As for the racism thing well the last famous English sportsperson who isn't white who was around in Spain was Lewis Hamilton last year in Jerez and he got a lot of racist abuse. Maybe someone came afterwards but he sticks out in my mind.

well, I don't know if these are right or not, but these are suposedly the starting XI's for both teams:

Spain: Casillas - Sergio Ramos, Albiol, Marchena, Capdevila - Iniesta, Xabi Alonso, Xavi, Silva - Torres, Villa.

England: Green - Johnson, Ferdinand, Terry, Ashley Cole - Beckham, Carrick, Barry, Lampard, Young - Agbonlahor.

well' date=' I don't know if these are right or not, but these are suposedly the starting XI's for both teams:

Spain: Casillas - Sergio Ramos, Albiol, Marchena, Capdevila - Iniesta, Xabi Alonso, Xavi, Silva - Torres, Villa.

England: Green - Johnson, Ferdinand, Terry, Ashley Cole - Beckham, Carrick, Barry, Lampard, Young - Agbonlahor.[/quote']

I thought only 3 CMs had been called up. Bit ambitious playing them all from the start. Also its quite a small squad for a friendly. Heskey and Gabby should have started, they have already played together at Aston Villa. Also if Heskey had started, that would be 4 Villa players starting. If Luke Young hadnt pulled out, it would have been 5.

Even though we are supposidly only playing 1 up top in Agbonlahor with a weaker Spanish defence than normal with his pace he could cause some problems..

Don't get me wrong Spains defence is still amazing.. Sergio Ramos ! :o

I reckon It'll be a good game though..

I thought only 3 CMs had been called up. Bit ambitious playing them all from the start. Also its quite a small squad for a friendly. Heskey and Gabby should have started' date=' they have already played together at Aston Villa. Also if Heskey had started, that would be 4 Villa players starting. If Luke Young hadnt pulled out, it would have been 5.[/quote']

dnt think Luke Young would of kept Glen Jonson out of team, in my opinion he is more of a complete RB

dnt think Luke Young would of kept Glen Jonson out of team' date=' in my opinion he is more of a complete RB[/quote']

Its a friendly, so anyone could have been in the starting 11. Also Villa have conceded 24 in 25, Portsmouth have conceded 36 in 24. A more complete RB would surely concede less. Portsouth have looked dis-jointed in recent weeks, I mean, they tried to play offside in the opponents half, which you cant do.

Its a friendly' date=' so anyone could have been in the starting 11. Also Villa have conceded 24 in 25, Portsmouth have conceded 36 in 24. A more complete RB would surely concede less. Portsouth have looked dis-jointed in recent weeks, I mean, they tried to play offside in the opponents half, which you cant do.[/quote']

have u seen the rest of pompeys defence tho? and james hasnt rele helped. villa have got an overall better defence, but i thing jonsons still a good player.

Its a friendly' date=' so anyone could have been in the starting 11. Also Villa have conceded 24 in 25, Portsmouth have conceded 36 in 24. A more complete RB would surely concede less. Portsouth have looked dis-jointed in recent weeks, I mean, they tried to play offside in the opponents half, which you cant do.[/quote']

So Young has been the sole reason for Villa's better record and Johnson has been the sole reason for Portsmouth's weaker one?

It's not possible to call Young better or more complete than Johnson. Johnson plays in a weaker side, defensively and going forward (so he has more to defend against). Young plays alongside better players.

Johnson is easily England's most in-form RB.

Bit disappointed to find out it won't kick off til 9! :eek:

have u seen the rest of pompeys defence tho? and james hasnt rele helped. villa have got an overall better defence' date=' but i thing jonsons still a good player.[/quote']

James still made the squad. Distin and Campbell dont help, and I agree Johnson is good, he should have gone to Liverpool, but Young should have got a chance. Anyway hes injured, so he cant.

Bit disappointed to find out it won't kick off til 9! :eek:

im chuffed bout that... means i get to watch waterloo road aswell as the match :P

James still made the squad. Distin and Campbell dont help' date=' and I agree Johnson is good, he should have gone to Liverpool, but Young should have got a chance. Anyway hes injured, so he cant.[/quote']

james is only in squad coz we havnt had a decent keeper since seaman retired.