Player Pictures  

1. 1.

• Keep it the way it is
    • Have a handful of people do the pictures
    • Have better monitoring of player pictures
    • other (please state)

I think it is getting a bit stupid now how good player pictures are just being changed to rubbish ones. For example: Kasper Shmeichel has been changd to this:

8960_1232554687.jpg

But also, pictures like this are being added:

36734_1228905531.jpg

It may not be that bad, but it's out of proportion and still has background.

I think that they should choose either a hand full of people to do the player pictures properly, with the correct software. Or atleast only accept decent player pictures, as i think it makes SM less attractive and professional.

Re: Rubbish player pictures

The community admins are only suppost to accept the pictures... Depending on whether they meet SM's standards..

Maybe some are just accepting willy nilly, but their are rules they have to meet to accept a picture...

If you Matt, or anyone see one you don't like, then upload your own...

I know that some do slip through, but the majority, considering how many players are actually on the game, is very good...

I think its fine as it is... Just maybe the community admins will have to be a bit picky for the "fussier" members... :rolleyes::P

As it stands anyone who wishes to upload pictures may do so :) . The fact that some photos of apparent bad quality are being uploaded would obviously suggest that perhaps enough members are not uploading photos :eek: . The instruction given to community admins are:

a) only accept new photos of a better quality

B) accept any new photos which resemble the players true likeness where there is not a photo already available.

I suspect in the case of the 2nd photo Snowy's shown and the other Liverpool's youngsters photos, there were no existing photos so the second of the above rules was followed (i.e any photo is better than no photo).

Couldn't really comment on the Kasper Schmeichel photo to be honest as I did not see the original one he had. But obviously one of the community admins felt this was a better representation I assume :confused: .

I have to admit I haven't had the opportunity to do much photo admin in my CA role recently due to time commitments and others beating me to it. But I generally reject most new photos unless they are considerably better. If either of you or anyone else feels this is not being followed then it needs to be flagged up. Psoting on the forum is a good way of doing this, but perhaps a support ticket displaying other evidence would also be good :)

dunno. The only thing i can think of is because i summited it twice because it got rejected before. but it was better then the other image' date=' so i summited it again (hopeing it would go to another person)[/quote']

SM have a points system in place regarding rejected photos. If you reach a certain threshold you will get a ban (temporary as far as I am aware). Like I said, new photos submitted must be deemed considerably better to be accepted. If there is already a good quality one there and you are submitting a new one which is just a little better or perhaps in a players new kit, then it will likely be rejected.

Now some may think that's unfair, but evryone has their own idea about what the perfect picture should be and imagine the chaos if everyone decided to continually upload new photos of what they think is the ideal picture. Like one poster has said, the one for Schmeichel is not bad at all. But others will feel differently. If all those submitting photos have the intention of getting their ideal photo in the process ill never end.

The best advice I can give to photo oploaders is that if there is alread ya good standard photo there, don't submit another. Perhaps concentrate on those where there is a very bad photo or no phot at all :)

don't u think Sm could do a blog post about what they want photo's to look like. Because personally i don't like photo's with the background in.

They could I guess and to be honest I suspect even all community admins may not be fully informed. When photo admin started the advice was for a variety of different photos to be accepted. In fact variety was encouraged. This included ones with backgrounds, head shots, full body shots and action shots. However, I think you're right and I'll point this thread towards the Devs on the Community admin boards to seek clarification and perhaps an updating of their standards :)

They could I guess and to be honest I suspect even all community admins may not be fully informed. When photo admin started the advice was for a variety of different photos to be accepted. In fact variety was encouraged. This included ones with backgrounds' date=' head shots, full body shots and action shots. However, I think you're right and I'll point this thread towards the Devs on the Community admin boards to seek clarification and perhaps an updating of their standards :)[/quote']

thank you :)

It is best Advised you only add photos that Are High Quality.

: Plain Backround

: Soulder To Top Of Head In Frame [Preferably Facial Only]

In National Team Jersey

In Current Club Jersey

All Photos Must Resemble What The Player Looks Like Now, [No Youth Pics Etc] & Of Course Photos Were Changes In Hair Style or Facial Features Are Shown.

All Pics outside this format will be rejected

I'm sure SM will get on with this feature, and develop it. F.Y.I player pictures (if I'm not mistaken), was a feature that was added about a year ago.

I'm sure SM has a lot more important work to get on with, once all that is completed, then perhaps they will look into improving the pics.

I understand that SM doesn't pick the best pictures.

But SM gives you your own opportunity to change things, you can change any player's picture for yourself.

But do pictures of players make much of a difference?

Certainly you won't care too much if a Korean Division 2 player had a bad picture...or would you?

But do pictures of players make much of a difference?

Certainly you won't care too much if a Korean Division 2 player had a bad picture...or would you?

It's not that, but i do like to have good player pictures for the players in my team. And it does put me off a player abit when he has a terrible player picture. I no it shouldn't, but it does.

It is best Advised you only add photos that Are High Quality.

: Plain Backround

: Soulder To Top Of Head In Frame [Preferably Facial Only]

In National Team Jersey

In Current Club Jersey

All Photos Must Resemble What The Player Looks Like Now' date=' [No Youth Pics Etc'] & Of Course Photos Were Changes In Hair Style or Facial Features Are Shown.

All Pics outside this format will be rejected

Shels has always been the king of photos for community admin, so I would take for granted that the above words and guidelines are the ones to follow :) . Also, just to back his words, and also to possibly clarify things as well as showing others interested in uploading the photos, the official SM guide/rules are illustrated by this link:

http://www.soccermanager.com/basicsteps.php?action=picture

Hopefully now, there can pleas of ignorance from photo uploaders or community admins and everyone will be happier all round :o:)