• Cole/Yorke Man Utd
    • Owen/Fowler Liverpool
    • Phillips/Quinn Sunderland
    • Henry/Bergkamp Arsenal
    • Anelka/Fowler Man C
    • Keane/Berbatov Tottenham
    • Smith/Viduka Leeds

Re: Best striker partnership

I though about shearer/ferdinand but they were together for 1/2 seasons were the other guys i named played alot longer together thats how i chose the poll. Anyway i only started watchin soccer form 1996 so didnt see cole/beardsley. Any other partnership missed? Let me cheers

Owen / Fowler was actually a pretty poor partnership and they very rarely played together.

Fowler hit most of his goals alongside Collymore (they was amazing 1 season)

I would have voted Yorke / Cole as that was the partnership that won Man Utd the treble (I think) but seems it was Man Utd I voted Henry / Bergkamp instead :)

Shearers best partner was actually C Sutton, he was amazing with Sheri and Ferdi as well but Sutton was his best one imo.

The fact he was so good with anyone tells how good Shearer was though, best of all he turned down a big money move to Man Utd in his prime to say with the club he loves - (legend)

I can't see any of them coming close to Henry/Begkamp to be honest. They were more or less perfection and I don't say that lightly. It is criminal that Shearer didn't get a mention considering the number of great partnerships he's been in.

How about best strike partnership ever? What do you fellas think? Historically I'd think that Di Stefano and Puskas is the best.

I don't think United are particularly relevant to a thread like this as, barring Van Nistelrooy's time at United, I'm not sure we've ever really been a 'striker focused' team. There seems to be an emphasis on the team and as such we've always relied on players like Scholes, Bruce, Beckham or Vidic to contribute well.

I don't think United are particularly relevant to a thread like this as' date=' barring Van Nistelrooy's time at United, I'm not sure we've ever really been a 'striker focused' team. There seems to be an emphasis on the team and as such we've always relied on players like Scholes, Bruce, Beckham or Vidic to contribute well.[/quote']

You've hit the nail on the head there to be honest. I was just going to say that for all their success, Man U lacked a partnership of Henry/Bergkamp quality and they've never had a definitive striker partnership in my opinion.

Well, In my opinion,

Fowler and Anelka didnt combine that brillaintly together while they were both at City. Fowler got a bit better after Anelka left.

Phillips and Quinn - That was a very good partnership for Sunderland I thought, so maybe them.

Yorke and Cole - Didnt see them together that much so hard to say.

Keane and Berbatov - I thought they were very, very good and contributed a lot to the succsess Spurs had in 05/06 and in 06/07. So quite possibly them.

Henry and Bergkamp - I didnt rate Bergkamp as much as others might have. I thought they were both very good plays, especially Henry. But I dont think this was a "great" or "very good" partnership. So I will not be voting for them.

Owen and Fowler - Two very good strikers I think. Both did very well at Liverpool I thought and scored goals. I thought they were both quite good. So maybe them.

Smith and Viduka - I thought they were all right, did well for Leeds. I think from what I saw of Leeds they looked a threat with those two up front. So maybe them.

In the end, my vote goes to Keane and Berbatov, with Quinn and Phillips a not so far second.

My vote goes to.... Owen|Fowler

If I remember' date=' they were Liverpool's goal scoring machines. Plus, even though Fowler is old, he will remain as a Liverpool legend forever!

[center']YNWA - You'll Never Walk Alone[/center]

They rarely played together, I don't think Houllier ever liked Fowler. I know they feel out though.

I voted for Henry/Bergkamp :)

I voted for cole/yorke but yes bergkamp/henry were great and correct me if im wrong they played together for 1999-2006 so they had the longest partnership. But i loved phillips/quinn brilliant and phillps scored 30 in his first prem season so wen sunderland got relegated in 02/03 it was no suprise as quinn had retired an the partnership broken and they got relegated