Nicky Shorey to a 90?! Malbranque to a 90?

qwerty18

Re: Nicky Shorey to a 90?! Malbranque to a 90?

Shorey up to 90?? Are you nuts!?! :eek:

This is the definition SM give for a 90-95 player - 90-95: A player who has proved his class on a regular basis in one of the major world leagues or for a top ranked national tean or on the continential stage

Has Shorey proved his class on a regular basis?? No, i mean he isn't even playing on a regular basis!! 88 is fine for him.

well to be fair you cant criticise O'Neill for signing him, he was the main reason Reading did so well first season and made the England squad and played - so he can't be half bad a player. Looks a bit out of his depth this season but if I'm not wrong did get an injury as well. Will not increase to 90 definitely, and neither will Malbranque, he'll need to play absoolutely amazing (more like player of the month standard) till the end of the season and score and assist A LOT in order to reach 90 rating, considering Sunderland's position and his lack of international football.

If either of those players get 90, i will stop playing this game, they are both awful, truly awful. Shorey is so bad that o'neil starts a right back ahead of him, and malbranque can bearly kick a ball most weeks, and hes getting older as well. they will never hit 90.

Oh,and the neville brothers can't be that ****, they both have multiple premier league title winners medals, how many liverpool players can say that?

Oh' date='and the neville brothers can't be that ****, they both have multiple premier league title winners medals, how many liverpool players can say that?[/quote']

so - they got those medals riding on other players coattails (especially phil) instead of being one of the main contributors to the team.

so - they got those medals riding on other players coattails (especially phil) instead of being one of the main contributors to the team.

i dunno about that, they just do their jobs, and only get noticed when they don't. look at carrick, hes been the heart of man utds midfield ever since he signed, but now hes playing defence splitting passes everyone likes him, but before that he was a waste of money. not everyone can score 20 goals a year, its your work horses that win you titles.

i dunno about that' date=' they just do their jobs, and only get noticed when they don't. look at carrick, hes been the heart of man utds midfield ever since he signed, but now hes playing defence splitting passes everyone likes him, but before that he was a waste of money. not everyone can score 20 goals a year, its your work horses that win you titles.[/quote']

I don't think anyone really said he was a waste of money and his talent was like an open secret.

i dunno about that' date=' they just do their jobs, and only get noticed when they don't. look at carrick, hes been the heart of man utds midfield ever since he signed, but now hes playing defence splitting passes everyone likes him, but before that he was a waste of money. not everyone can score 20 goals a year, its your work horses that win you titles.[/quote']

you cant compare carrick to the nevilles - phil neville wasnt a key reason why man united were so successful - he was a squad player, nothing more. and gary was an important player he wasnt a key player in the way giggs, beckham, keane, scholes, schmiechel, yorke and cole to name a few were to those sides, whereas carrick is one of the key players to the current team with ferdinand, vidic, ronaldo and rooney

you cant compare carrick to the nevilles - phil neville wasnt a key reason why man united were so successful - he was a squad player' date=' nothing more. [b']and gary was an important player he wasnt a key player in the way giggs, beckham, keane, scholes, schmiechel, yorke and cole to name a few [/b]were to those sides, whereas carrick is one of the key players to the current team with ferdinand, vidic, ronaldo and rooney

In his prime Gary Neville was extremely important for United. And he was 2 seasons ago as well.

He adds a totally new dimension with the overlaps and crossing he does.

I'd say in 99 he was probably a step below the 7 you've mentioned there, but after that for a few years he was brilliant and on par in importance. You also missed Jaap Stam off that list ;)