1. 1.

• No Transfer Bans
    • 5 Turns (2 + Half Weeks)
    • 10 Turns (5 Weeks)
    • 15 Turns (7 + Half Weeks)
    • 20 Turns (10 Weeks)
    • Longer?!

Re: TB Too Long?

What do you think about the length of the transfer bans on sm?

20 turns' date=' 10 weeks?

Half a season with leagues with 20 teams in.

I personally would profer 10/15 turns. :o [/font']

I would think that a lot more forumers than you think would support a longer ban. I understand from a business point of view that the TBs are really long, restrictive and a pain in the... but you have to try and maintain some semblance of realism. Half a season tends to be the amount of time before a club will consider selling a player, think Liverpool with Robbie Keane. I think it is just fine at the moment; short enough to encourage entrepreneurship that encourages people to build teams up from nothing and long enough to create a suitably realistic world :)

I really think it should be longer. The least it should be is half a season, becase it is realistic. I think it is ridicules when people say that it should only be 10 turns. And some say that there shoulnd't be 1 at all!!

I have said this on a number of threads like this one. Soccer manager is a Football managment game. A game where you try and build a good team and win leagues and cups. nit a game where you try and make money!!

I know that to make a good team you need money, and the best way to do this is to buy players, let their rating rise, and then sell them again, i am all up for that. But not doing that in the space of 3 weeks! You buy somone, then the next season you can sell them.

Perhaps it should varie for how big the leagues are? :o

I think that would be a good idea, because half a season in a 20 club league setup is more games than in a whole season in an eight side league. So if you bought a player in an eight club league, you have to wait for over a season before you can sell them again. As half a season is the basically the invisible transfer ban in real life. :)

If you want to keep it extremely realistic (Which SM is based on) then it should be after 18 turns don't you think? Dead on the middle, and that is also when teams reach the January transfer window after playing 18 games... I think :o

As Bob mentioned, Liverpool sold Robbie Keane after six months of acquiring him. He came before the season and went midway. So 16 turns is my shout :o

One of the ideas in my new advanced rules for custom setups thread is to have a customisable transfer ban from 0 to 99 turns:-

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=35886

I personally am happy with how with it in gold and world championships but I think it would be fun if in customs it could be changed.