wingers playing better out of position

Guest westhamunitedfc

Guest westhamunitedfc

I have been playing a 4-2-3-1 formation with my wingers occupying the two wide positions, which i woul have thought would have been their best positions, however, they get a 6/7 every game there and when i play someone who plays their wingers behind the strikers in a 3-4-2-1 formation, they get a much better rating. arent they out of position in this formation, yet they still get an 8/9. i just dont get it :confused:

Re: wingers playing better out of position

There is definately something going on with this.

One of my teams plays 4-3-3 wingers. Since the new match engine my out and out wingers have not received higher than a 7. I tried a forward in the wing position and he got an 8 :confused:

I've just spent the last hour or so checking as many teams as I could find who play a winger system such as 4-2-3-1, 4-2-4 and 4-3-3 wingers in setups that I'm in.

I didn't find a single winger with a rating of over 7 but I found a fair few LM/RM playing in the wing positions with 8's and 9's. Looking back at these clubs match reports their wingers perform well until the new match engine is implemented.

Its strange that it only seems to be effecting wingers playing in their best position :confused:

Has anyone else noticed this? Is it worth posting a ticket or is this a known bug?

Right i'm gonna test out both of these theories, with my Arsenal team. I'm playing 3421, with AMs playing on the wings making diagonal runs towards the centre and wingers as the 2 playing behind the strikers. I'm gonna do Attacking mentality, fast spped, pressing allover, everything as normal/default. Unless you have any other suggestions, i'll let you know how i get on.

I am new to SM and played a 4-2-3-1 as well on my City team. Robinho and Petrov on the wings and both had a rating of eight. Robinho scored two goals and Petrov scored one in my 4 - 0 win over Everton. De Jong got a nine to win man of the match with only one goal as well.

My worst player was Shay Given...who for some reason was playing at centre back even though I could have sworn was Dunne/Richards playing there. Sucks because I already lost Richards for three games now because of a red card.