Firing Managers/Club Expectations

Here's another idea to keeping league's competitive....

Each club, based on their SM rating and the average skill of the starting line-up/squad, should have expectations. Chairman should present each manager with a set of expectations for each season. If the manager fails to meet these expectations, he runs the risk of being fired. The further from these expecations he comes, the higher the risk.

For example, Internazionale, Madrid, Milan, Arsenal, Barca, etc. chairman should expect atleast top of the table standings(if not top 4 finishes), or good runs in cup competitions. If a manager finishes in 16th place in England with Manchester United, he ought to be considered for firing.

Mid-level clubs would want to avoid relegationand aim for top half finishes.

Here are some examples of what a manager might see from his Chairman at the beginning of the season (or if just taking over a club mid-season).

1)"The Chairman of Portsmouth expects to finish in the top half of the table and will not tolerate being relegated."

2) "The Chairman of Bayern Munich expects to finish in the top 3 or to win atleast one competition this season. A bottom half of the table finish will not be tolerated."

3) "Sunderland's Chairman expects the club not to be relegated and to keep the club out of debt."

When you are a much weaker club whose chances of relegation are likely, the club's chairman expectations aren't as high. Whereas, chairman of elite clubs expect good finishing and to be competitive in all competitions.

Feed back please.

Re: Firing Managers/Club Expectations

Quick note: This would benefit SM the site itself. By implimenting something like this, it forces members to be more active on the site, thus creating more traffic.

As it is, some manager sign into their clubs only once a month simply so they don't lose them. If members were more focused and spent more time with their clubs, it would not only create a more competitive environment but more site traffic .... which helps them sell advertisements.

SM is a business and you are talking about firing customers. I can't see this kind of thing spreading any further than custom set-ups.

We're not talking about people getting kicked out of SM.....just a Game World.....they can always get another team....when there's members out there who would love to manage good teams like Barca, Real etc. and there's other managers who already have these teams and can't be bothered to manage them properly surely they should be given a chance to manage them too.......and not everybody's a customer.....most are free members

This idea has been mentioned before and I am one of those who keeps banging on about it. :o

I like the idea about chairman expectation. As you mentioned, it will keep managers more active by making them spend more time with their club, actually looking after it. But I do not agree with chairman's being able to fire managers. It may be in real life but this is something that won't suit some of the SM players as they may be looking after their club, but can't actually pull off any wins (Like me) :o

Also, the firing idea will be very negative amongst Gold Championships as they did so hard picking up a top club, or waited for so long to manage a team which they have wanted for a long time, only to find that it can be taken away if they don't meet chairman expectations?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the chairman expectations should be implemented very soon (If it is on SM's shortlist of 'things to do') so that it can also work with other current features. For example, I think it will be brilliant if chairman expectations could coincide with Job Offers so that managers who deserve to be rewarded actually are ! Now, you see the job offers offered to anyone random, and the offers hardly go to any table topping managers, regardless if they be Wycombe or Liverpool.

I think that once a chairman gives you an expectation, and a manager meets it..Then they could be in line for a decent job offer when the next big club becomes available.

EG: I am manager of Wycombe. Chairman expected me to finish in top three but I am first place and therefore not only meeting expectations but exceeding it. I think that I should be rewarded with a bigger job offer as that is every managers dream and that is how it works in real life. You impress so that you can move onto bigger things.

Paul Ince is a prime example..>Went from MK Dons to Blackburn because he was brilliant at Dons and therefore deservedly rewarded.

Good shout mate, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see the feedbacks from the members and more importantly, the Devs.

We're not talking about people getting kicked out of SM.....just a Game World.....they can always get another team....when there's members out there who would love to manage good teams like Barca' date=' Real etc. and there's other managers who already have these teams and can't be bothered to manage them properly surely they should be given a chance to manage them too.......and not everybody's a customer.....most are free members[/quote']

Ok then let me re-word it to 'potential customers'. It still doesn't make sense, from SM's point of view as a business, to remove managers from game worlds, other than for reasons of cheating.