Youngsters in Portugal

up gunners

Re: Youngsters in Portugal

Well I trust your opinions on Portuguese players more than anyone else' date=' so I'll believe you! :D WHEN will Hulk reach 90? Because it really is only a matter of time now.[/quote']

I´ve been seeing the pre-season matches and I´d say next ratings change a 90 for Hulk is a MUST. But really, this isn´t the place to discuss senior players. Up Gunners will kill you. :P

OK then, TECHNICALLY!!!! Technically Orlando Sa is still a youth player, how much game time do you reckon he'll be looking at, I don't care about a rise, but in every account I have I've bought or attempted to buy him (mostly when he was 70 rated 10K...)! :P

OK then' date=' TECHNICALLY!!!! Technically Orlando Sa is still a youth player, how much game time do you reckon he'll be looking at, I don't care about a rise, but in every account I have I've bought or attempted to buy him (mostly when he was 70 rated 10K...)! :P[/quote']

Orlando Sa is 21 years old, he isn´t a youth player since the age of 19. Technically he is still a youngster, but not a youth player any more. Currently he is injured, and with the arrival of Falcao I don´t see him playing a lot. Perhaps some games, but that´s it. So for an initial rating prediction I´d say +1 or +2.

I wouldn't expect Orlando Sa to get much game time this season seeing as he has heaps of competition on that front line + he suffered a very serious knee injury (Not sure if hes recovered or not).

Uretta will probably get a bit of game time not much though with the exit of Reyes. But according to all of these pre-season games looks like Coentrao will be getting more game time and Di Maria will be a starter.

Andre Castro

200pxfcporto.png

Andre Castro Pereira or better known as Andre Castro is a 21 year old central midfielder currently playing for newly promoted side Olhanense on loan from FC Porto. His great technical ability and distribution skills have seen him been labeled as a future Portuguese NT Centre mid. He is on the DB at 78.

Youth Career

Andre Castro started off his youth career at hometown club Gondomar (Juniors.) . A team in the same region as FC Porto. FC Porto scouts saw the young talent and soon signed him up in 2001. Andre Castro said the transition was nice and smooth because his Porto is so close to Gondomar. He soon then participated in the Nike cup along side Rui Pedro and Ventura. He kept climbing up the youth ranks in Portugal and in the 2006/2007 league campaign he was finally promoted to the Porto senior squad by Jesualdo Ferreira. Of course he found first team football extremely rare.

andrecastrosportingclub.jpg

Senior Career

Once promoted to the Porto first team it was always going to be difficult for the the youngster to get first team football. In the end Andre Castro only managed 3 appearances. Once he turned 20 he realised that in order for him to improve as a player he will need to get regular first team football. Thats when Porto legend Jorge Costa took the youngster on loan along with several other Porto players. The 2008/2009 season in the Liga Vitalis turned out to be a very progressive one for Andre Castro. He was a regular in Jorge Costa's side as they clinched promotion into the first league. Andre Castro's performances were described as extremely impressive. For the 2009/2010 season he has been again loaned out to Olhanense to get further first team football in the Portuguese top flight.

Portuguese Youth Career

Andre Castro first represented Portugal in the U-17 squad. This where he excelled and Porto payed extra attention towards his talent. After inpressive performances for both club and country he was soon promoted to the U-18 squad then the U-19 squad and finally the U-21 squad.

22860699a6b5e07fd3.jpg

Zequinha

olhanense.png

José Egas dos Santos Branco or better known as Zequinha is a 22 year old winger currently playing for newly promoted team Olhanense. He was previously on loan from FC Porto to Olhanense but Olhanense have purchased him on a permanent 3 year deal.

Youth Career

Zequinha started his youth career at Portuguese club Vitoria de Setubal. This is where he set the reserve league alight with his Quaresma-esque runs, goals and dribbles. He impressed so much that FC Porto quickly came in and bid for him before anyone else. He ended up moving to Porto at the age of 17. After just one year in the B team he was transfered up into the Porto first team squad that is how much he impressed. Like many of the Porto youths there was no room for him in the Porto senior squad so he was moved out on loan.

zequinhagilvicente.jpg

Senior Career

The only option for Zequinha to gain first team football was a loan to a lower league team. Subsequently he was loaned to Division 3 side Tourizense. He enjoyed a great season at the club and played 18 games in total contributing with 5 goals. Pretty decent return considering he was 18 and it was his first year playing week in week in first grade. In the 2007/2008 season he was loaned out to Liga Vitalis side Penafiel. He had a poor season with Penafiel only playing in six games one of which he got sent off. He soon left Penafiel and joined Gondomar. He excelled in this team and thats when his skills were fully shown. He joined Gil Vicente on loan in the 08/09 season. One the season ended the Gil Vicente coach stated that he is a played with enormous potential and in the next years he will become a great footballer. In the summer of 2009 he knew that he would never really play for the Porto first team so he joined newly promoted side Olhanense on a 3 year deal. With Jorge Costa as coach i can see Zequinha really excelling.

Portuguese Youth Career.

Zequinha has had a fruitful Portuguese youth career full of great performances and unfortunately some bad discipline. For the Portuguese juniors he plays in a central striker role compared to his usual position of winger. He was a regular in Portugal's U-20 World cup team. Hes great performances did not go astray in the competition until a moment of madness struck. His team mate Manu got subbed off for a foul challenge on a Chilean player. The ref got out the red card and Zequinha stole it off his hands. Subsequently he was given a 6 match ban by FIFA and the FPF decided to not call him up for a year. One thing is certain this kid has got bags of potential.

josbrancodossantoszequi.jpg

Wonderstrike against Anderlecht 4 days ago in the Torneio de Guadiana. Really a true testament to his skill.

Ricardo Quaresma-esque trivela.

I wouldn't expect Orlando Sa to get much game time this season seeing as he has heaps of competition on that front line + he suffered a very serious knee injury (Not sure if hes recovered or not).

Uretta will probably get a bit of game time not much though with the exit of Reyes. But according to all of these pre-season games looks like Coentrao will be getting more game time and Di Maria will be a starter.

Didnt Coentrao spend last season on loan at Rio Ave?

I saw him play a few times.. a very good player.

Looking forward to seeing more of him next season. :)

Because Radamel Falcao rejected Benfica in favour of Porto (Good man! :D), will this have a positive effect on Jonny urretavizcaya's chances at Benfica? I've admired him for a while and would love to see him land a regular place in Benfica's starting lineup.

Because Radamel Falcao rejected Benfica in favour of Porto (Good man! :D)' date=' will this have a positive effect on Jonny urretavizcaya's chances at Benfica? I've admired him for a while and would love to see him land a regular place in Benfica's starting lineup.[/quote']

Honestly Uretta will find it hard this season according to all four of the pre-season games. Fabio Coentrao, Di Maria and Aimar are all ahead of him in the pecking order.Will probably get sub appearances as well obviously but like i said those 3 players are ahead of him. Both him and Coentrao are 3rd choice. Coentrao will probably pip him to that spot because he is Portuguese.

Ruca

150pxclubsportmartimo.png

Rui Pedro Correia Nunes or better known as Ruca is a 18 year old goalkeeper currently playing for Madeirense club Maritimo. He recently signed a contract with Maritimo that is valid for 4 years. He was formerly apart of FC Porto. He is described as the best Portuguese goalkeeper of his generation and is extremely good at saving penalties.

Youth Career

Ruca started off his career in division 3 side Tourizense. As a youngster he started off playing in the midfield. He transferred from midfield to goalkeeper and this is the position in which he excelled. During his days at Tourizense he was only young and was already playing with kids 3 years older then him at the time. During his last year at Tourizense a host of clubs were after his signature Sporting, Boavista and FC Porto. He ended up joining FC Porto because it was the club he always supported as a kid. His great form for Porto's juniors saw him called up to the Portuguese youth squads were he is still excelling to this very day. Again very good form on his half led from interest from Benfica as they tried to poach this youngster from FC Porto. His idol is one of Portugal's greatest 'keepers and a Porto legend Vitor Baia.

rucafutebolclubedoporto.jpg

Senior Career

Ruca is yet to play or the first team of FC Porto or Maritimo. He has however trained with the Porto first team because Jesualdo Ferreira was impressed with what he saw of the youngster. Despite great performances for FC Porto's youth team he decided to call it quits on FC Porto due to the fact that their is many great keepers ahead of him (Helton, Beto, Hugo Ventura). He made a huge step with joining Maritimo on a 3 year deal. In order to improve his career he needed to make this step IMO. He will be 2nd/3rd choice behind Pecanha and/or Bruno Grassi.

Portuguese Youth Career

Ruca has been ever present in the Portuguese youth squads since he was 16 years old. He is ever present in these teams because of his great performances and the tag "Best Portuguese goalkeeper of his generation". All together in his youth Portuguese youth career he has 23 caps and counting.

ruca1.jpg

does anyone know if Rechel SIDNEI will be in for a rise in the near future? I've bought him for a few of my teams, and if I'm honest at 20-87 he seems like a really really good buy. Especially since he'd be playing for one of Portugal's top 3 :D

Yeh he will go up this season provided he starts like he did this season. If he is a starter like he was last season he will hit 89 this season and if he plays really well and if Benfica win the comp he could hit 90.

Cheers mate 10/10 for this thread! repped :)

Daniel Carrico

150pxsportingclubedepor.png

Daniel Carrico is a 20 year old centre back who is currently playing for Portuguese giants Sporting Lisbon. He is considered a one of the most promising defenders of his generation and is already classified as a starter for Sporting Lisbon.

Youth Career

Daniel Carrico first began his career in the youth schools of Estoril. As soon as he started playing well for Estoril Sporting came and swooped for him. During his time in Sportings youth team he was the standout player continually playing well and winning youth championships with his Sporting team. He has always been a Sporting supporter therefore the choice to move to Sporting was an easy one for him. With all of these great performances came international youth call ups for Portugal. Sporting youth coaches believe that Daniel Carrico's best attributes is his mentally, maturity. His maturity was shown when he was captain of nearly every single Sporting youth team he was apart of. By the 2006/2007 season his youth career was over and he made the step up to senior football

oprimeiroclassicodedani.jpg

Senior Career

In the 2006/2007 season Paulo Bento recognised youth Carricos potential and so called him up to play for the senior team. He was used sparingly in his first season at Sporting with Caneira, Tonel and Polga all ahead of him in the pecking order. He was loaned out to lower league side Olivais e Moscavide to gain first team experience. Paulo Bento quickly recalled him though as he thought he was sent out pre-maturely and made him train with the juniors for a little while longer to get him ready for first grade football. After a little while he was again sent out to Olivais de Moscavide and featured 9 times for the club. Overall his time spent on loan at Olivais wasn't really a great success. His great success came with AEL Limassol. Thats where he showed his true qualities and was a mainstay in the Cypriot side. Since then he has returned to Sporting and was an ever present figure in the Sporting line up. Carrico played 22 times overall for Sporting 20 times as a starter and twice as a sub. In what he lacks with height he is very strong in slide tackles and most importantly he is very strong mentally.

Portuguese Youth Career

Daniel Carrico is an ever present figure in the current Portuguese U21 squad. He rose through all the Portuguese youth ranks from the U16s. He participated in the 2007 World Youth Cup in which he was voted as one of the best players in the tournament despite Portugal not progressing through to the quarters. He scored 2 goals in 3 games and was solid defensively.

520x.jpg

Miguel Vitor

200pxslbenficalogosvg.png

Miguel Vitor is a 20 year old Centre Back currently playing for Portuguese giants Benfica. Both he and Daniel Carrico are both considered to be the future defensive pairing for the Portuguese national senior squad. Rui Costa has described him as the future captain and leader of Benfica. Miguel Vitor is currently rated 85 on the DB.

Youth Career

Miguel Vitor first started to play football when he was 8 years old for local club Torreense. He first caught Benfica's eyes when he was putting in dazzling displays at Centre Back for Torreense. But he really caught Benfica's eye when the two sides both played each other. He excelled throughout the two matches and subsequently was signed by Benfica. Benfica faced stiff competition by Sporting to sign the youngster though. Like many youths he opted for the club at his heart which was Benfica. Benfica's youth coaches were extremely impressed by Miguel Vitor's competitiveness and his willingness to learn new things. During his younger days at Benfica he was not a starter in the youth teams up until later on when things really started to count and his positive attitude got him there. His time in Benfica's Junior A team saw him score 7 goals from centre back making him the teams 3rd best scorer. Fernando Santos recognised his potential and called him up to the first team.

miguelvitorandrecarvalh.jpg

Senior Career

He was called up to face AEK Athens and FC Toronto two games in which he enter in as a sub. He was a regular in the 07/08 pre season for Benfica and this led to him making his first competitive he took advantage of the fact that Luisao and David Luiz were injured. His next appearance would come against FC Copenhagen in the 3rd stage of the Champions league. He made one more senior appearance against Inter Milan and then was transferred back to the Juniors. In January 2008 he was loaned out to Desportivo das Aves in order to gain some first team experience. He played in 7 games and played brilliantly in all 7 games. This season for Benfica he was used in 16 games 15 times as a starter and once as a sub. He showed one of his true strengths and that was his physicality when he was playing. This season he probably won't be used as much with Sidnei, Luisao and David Luiz ahead of him but with Jorge Jesus as coach and his liking towards Portuguese players he might just feature a fair bit. One thing is certain he is extremely promising.

Portuguese Youth Career

Like most Benfica, Sporting, Porto youth players he has played in the Portuguese youth teams. But it takes something special to work there way up from the U17s to the U21s which is what Miguel Vitor has done. As i mentioned in the first paragraph he is considered to be Portugal's most promising Centre Back along with Daniel Carrico and i see Miguel Vitor becoming Portugal's starting defender in about 4-5 years time.

wwwreuterscom.jpg

• 9 months later...