Samuel Eto'o  

1. 1.

• 96 (Current)

If he does not get a 97, then someone really has to consider changing SM's rating "researchers" because it takes no research to come to the conclusion that he is the Best forward in the world right now.

Check his stats, they speek for themselves. Yet another performance he has transformed on his own, without the help of Messi or Henry, only Xavi assisting him really. There goes the idea that Eto'o can only put in tap ins and finish. This guy is a BEAST and should rise to 97.

Re: Samuel Eto'o

Eto'o is definitely a 97 product.I think that he easily is the current best Striker in the world.

Reason for a 97:

1.Barcelona is doing terrific in the league being 1st and having excellent results.

2.He is Barcelona's top scorer.

3.He is La Liga top scorer, not 100% sure but i doubt that he's not the top scorer.

I agree a 97 for Eto'o. He's clearly the best striker in the world right now. And as I recall he only went down to a 96 because of injury. Since he's been back he has regained his old form so doesn't that automatically merit a raise back to a 97. Another player that reminds of this scenario is Michael Ballack who went down to a 92 because of injury but is now back to playing like his old self for both club and country. personally i feel Eto'o should return to a 97 and Ballack should go back up to a 95 (I know he used to be a 96 but that's a bit steep seeing where Chelsea are in the standings).

Guest melbguy1

ahhh melbguy I remember you from a LONG TIME ago' date=' again we come to a disagreement lol. I missed another hardcore fan on the forum. But still no other forward can put up Eto'o's numbers, and thats what forwards are remembered for..[/quote']

hey buddy ;)

I have no problems with agreeing to that Eto is one of the best strikers in the world today, but I really really really don't agree with a statement that says he is 'easily' or 'clearly' the best striker in the world because he simply isn't. Messi and Imbrahimovic will have something to say about that.

If being top scorer for both team and league is good enough to get a 97 then Del Piero should be a .... lol... just kidding, I ain't going down that road again... not yet anyway :)

The only thing Melb is i don't consider Messi and Forward, he is just THE PLAYER, I don't consider him to play a position, maybe it's just me, but he should be taken out of any questions like Who Is The Best Forward, Who is the best Midfielder? He is clearly it, so I think for argument's sake, I disregard him because he is soo much ahead of everyone else. So barring that I think Eto'o is much better than Ibra, and any other forward (disregarding Messi).

Guest melbguy1

The only thing Melb is i don't consider Messi and Forward' date=' he is just THE PLAYER, I don't consider him to play a position, maybe it's just me, but he should be taken out of any questions like Who Is The Best Forward, Who is the best Midfielder? He is clearly it, so I think for argument's sake, I disregard him because he is soo much ahead of everyone else. So barring that I think Eto'o is much better than Ibra, and any other forward (disregarding Messi).[/quote']

ok, let's take away Messi then. I have watched a fair few Ibrahimovic games and will say there is no way another forward who is 'easily' or 'clearly' better then him this season. But since I'm not known as the arguementative type:D I'll just say that Rooney is way better then both of them and is unlucky to be rated the same.