Are England good enough to win the World Cup in 2010?

Are England good enough to win the World Cup in 2010?  

1. 1.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Are England good enough to win the World Cup in 2010?

The only thing I will say in our favour is this time we haven't got all the delusions like the last World Cup when the whole country thought we were better than we were. The expectation with be lower this time round, with more pessimism than optimism from the nation so perhaps that will work in our favour.

The only thing I will say in our favour is this time we haven't got all the delusions like the last World Cup when the whole country thought we were better than we were. The expectation with be lower this time round' date=' with more pessimism than optimism from the nation so perhaps that will work in our favour.[/quote']

Lol wait until this time next year, the media will start to boost the optimism after the summer particulary if England continue to have a really great qualifiying campaign, the expectation will rise again to fever pitch, 1966 will be mentioned somewhere in the papers or on telle almost on a daily basis and capello will be proclaimed the second coming

I was thinking about the whole 'England players don't have the passion to win the world cup'. Then I was wondering, do the Portugese and Italian players have passion for their country when they're diving and cheating and conning the referee every chance they get?

Lol wait until this time next year' date=' the media will start to boost the optimism after the summer particulary if England continue to have a really great qualifiying campaign, the expectation will rise again to fever pitch, 1966 will be mentioned somewhere in the papers or on telle almost on a daily basis and capello will be proclaimed the second coming[/quote']

Just like every World Cup then. :)

I chose maybe as England looked fantastic against Croatia and were impressive when we beat Germany. But then we play countries like Spain and looked an average side. Unless we can start getting results against the top countries I think it will be a very long time before we win the World Cup

it all depends on the draws for groups and knockout, if england miss the best teams spain and argentina then we have got as good a chance as anyone.

realisticly we need to improve a lot before next summer but if we win it i will P my pants with joy

Why dont Capello Play Owen :confused: He Has So Much Potential But Capello Wont Give Him A Chance I Still Feel Rooney And Owen Will Be Great Just like David Villa And Torres :D Maybe He Should Try Owen Against Slovakia I Mean Come On Thats Bound To Be 3-0+ To England Who Knows B)

Why dont Capello Play Owen :confused: He Has So Much Potential But Capello Wont Give Him A Chance I Still Feel Rooney And Owen Will Be Great Just like David Villa And Torres :D Maybe He Should Try Owen Against Slovakia I Mean Come On Thats Bound To Be 3-0+ To England Who Knows B)

Well Owne is injured and i think last time Owen played against Slovakia he scored twice in the Euro 2004 qualifiers i think but im probably worng.

Back when Wayne Rooney was juts getting noticed. :D

Course England are good enough to win the world cup. The quality in that squad is beyond all other countries barring Spain and Brazil. + The younger players will mature and mould into better players. Can't believe young isn't in the England squad ATM :eek:

Argentina?

Holland?

Both have better equipped squads than England imo, and Germany, Italy and France also have squads not much worse off than England's...

Predictions Predictions..

They Won't Be The Favs By A Longshot.. But They Could Win It...

So Could Brasil Argentina Mexico Spain France Italy Germany Holland Portugal

Belgium Greece Turkey Serbia Croatia< I Put England In This Catogary, & Thats If They Have Rio, Terry, Gerrard, Rooney, Cole At The Top of There Games....

Bit Harsh Maybe, But Because of reasons we all know They Will Crack Somewere Along the way...

Argentina?

Holland?

Both have better equipped squads than England imo' date=' and Germany, Italy and France also have squads not much worse off than England's...[/quote']

Argetina yes, Holland I'm not so sure. Attacking wise they have some super players but if I was Dutch I would be worried about the defensive ability within the squad.

Englands main weakness is upfront, with Owen being so injury prone, he isn't a player we can rely on to be fit, so are constantly seeking other alternatives. Rooney is incapable of playing upfront on his own so he must have a partner, and one that can score goals and no one that has been tried have shown that they are capable of finding the net on a regular basis. The likes of Defoe look out of their comfort zone in an England shirt and we must find the solution to this or it could be a frustrating World Cup for us.

Our main goalscoring hopes still lie with Owen who only manages a handful of games a year, which makes it almost impossible for Capello to mould him into his England team.