BBC got Serie A rights?

bigpig

Re: BBC got Serie A rights?

It is on BBC3

And i think that depending on how many viewers they get will decide if they will ahve future ones too, However they will all be AC Milan games and only while Beckham is there.

Bravo previously had the italian rights but only got an average of 1,000 viewers compared with skysports 480,000 average for regular EPL games

It's going to be a wonderful game, really hoping to see Beckham play.

They said they are showing the game due to FA Cup rights been handed to ITV this season, which means BBC wouldent be showing any matches this weekend, that's why there putting it on.

Bravo has the Italian league rights two years ago, then last season it moved to Channel 5. But they haven't got the rights anymore, so BBC must have them, hopefullt they will continue to show Italian league games like Football Italiano did on C5.

I can't wait to see how underwhelmingly awful this game is and overwhelmingly Italian :D

What are peoples' predictions? I reckon Milan will win this one. I've never been fully convinced when I've seen Mourinho's Inter but I suppose his Chelsea and Porto were the same and only convinced because they just never stopped! Portentuous perhaps.

I think it's a one off. As mentioned, it's the fact that ITV took all FA Cup coverage showing live matches, and then FA Cup highlights...Which would've been Match Of The Day on a normal Saturday / Sunday.

I doubt they'd do it again unless another big game comes along soon for Milan. It's because of Beckham. He is publicizing Serie A to British fans and it seems to be working as the whole country around various websites seem to go on about this match on BBC3. Hopefully BBC will consider showing more of Italian matches.

Still, all in all, I'd prefer BBC to have international / FA Cup rights anyday just like the old days. I hate ITV for some reason :o