Patriotism Challenge

IOA

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but you take control of a club in a World Championship and then sell any "foreigners" they have and just buy players who are from that nation.

E.g. If I was Besiktas I would sell Bobo, Cisse, etc and then buy Turkish players only.

Anyone up for it?

When a new WC is created I'm going to be Besiktas, who knows, we might all join the same one.

• 1 month later...

Re: Patriotism Challenge

arsenal... now that would be a challenge

Yea that would be a challenge especially since hardly any teams would sell you there really good English players. You could make loads of money with them though from the likes of Fabregas and Arshavin.Is there a setup being made at 1?If there is then I am going to try and get CSKA Moscow or a Ukraine team.

If you can remember to the early days of SM they didn't rate South American football very highly, so when I joined towards the end of the 1st season Sao Paulo were in Division 3 with average rating of about 85. The team quickly made it to the top division and always finished high in the league. My ultimate achievement was beating chelsea to the 1st division title in season 7 (which they won in seasons 4, 5, 6, 8 and 9!):

trophies.JPG

firstteam.JPG

Just the top rated youth players are displayed as the rest would take pages and pages!

youthteam.JPG

tactics.JPG

It's really hard to get players over 90 so my strategy was a mixture of buying all the youth players of brazilian squads (one or two of every hundred unknown kids became high rated, the rest i sell when they turn 22), and the other tactic was to buy high rated foreign players and use them as bargaining chips. for example i spent a year trying to get maicon from liverpool - offering 50/60/70m with no success. then i picked up sagna and ballack for less than £40m and the manager was happy to swap for them! So i couldnt have got some of the best players without buying foreign in between. It was lots of fun doing it with the limitation of having to be brazilian and i still go scouting every now and then - i think a lot of managers lose interest after a while because they have no real strategy.

If you can remember to the early days of SM they didn't rate South American football very highly' date=' so when I joined towards the end of the 1st season Sao Paulo were in Division 3 with average rating of about 85. The team quickly made it to the top division and always finished high in the league. My ultimate achievement was beating chelsea to the 1st division title in season 7 (which they won in seasons 4, 5, 6, 8 and 9!):

[img']http://www.rarther.com/wc1/trophies.JPG[/img]

firstteam.JPG

Just the top rated youth players are displayed as the rest would take pages and pages!

youthteam.JPG

tactics.JPG

It's really hard to get players over 90 so my strategy was a mixture of buying all the youth players of brazilian squads (one or two of every hundred unknown kids became high rated, the rest i sell when they turn 22), and the other tactic was to buy high rated foreign players and use them as bargaining chips. for example i spent a year trying to get maicon from liverpool - offering 50/60/70m with no success. then i picked up sagna and ballack for less than £40m and the manager was happy to swap for them! So i couldnt have got some of the best players without buying foreign in between. It was lots of fun doing it with the limitation of having to be brazilian and i still go scouting every now and then - i think a lot of managers lose interest after a while because they have no real strategy.

Maicon in Lb? :confused::confused: