Your Favourite Subject?

Your Favourite Subject?  

1. 1.

Re: Your Favourite Subject?

Math - I have to like it, since I understand everything so easily! It's just too bad I'm lazy about it. ;)

English - I'm a grammar dictator. You give me an English essay, and I'll grammatize it so much your teacher will be dead tired of looking for an error. :D However, some parts of it (like poetry) are not very fun to work with.

Biology - It is the one science that will get a person several times as much money as all other sciences put together. I hate it. Of all sciences, it is the most limited. There are no theories. Everything is plain and factual, requiring no proof but a bunch of pictures. Bah!

Physics - I have studied it outside of school (on my comp ;)) since around 10/11 years of age. It is great. Even a teenager or a newbie has the potential to make a breakthrough. Its broad limits means that there is room for everyone to take part in it. In Physics, you have a lot of fun when you understand something, because you know that it will roll your friends' brains up when you explain it! :D The greatest thing about Physics is that because so many things are theories, anyone can come up with some new theory, and studies on the subject can never stop! It has my vote! :)

Chemistry - It always has me bored. I have no reason why. :o

Art - You have to love it at some point. I can draw landscapes pretty well, as I have the patience and some pretty awesome picture memory!

Physical Education - There is nothing more relaxing than running a mile on a cool, mostly-cloudy day. Sports can be made fun in P.E., too.

Geography - I remember a moment many, many years ago. I looked at a globe in my kindergarten class. I saw Mexico, and I pointed at it. If your geography is not as god-status as mine, then California is just north of Mexico. I asked my teacher, we live here, right? Of course, she didn't look carefully and just said yes. I still don't know how I was so accurate, though. Did I already know it from someone? Was it a lucky guess? :confused:

Anyway, since birth, I seem to have had a very strong memory for pictures - enough for me to call it "semi-photographic" memory. I spent a lot of my youth staring at globes. Whenever I get bored anywhere, I look around. Many classrooms have old globes sitting around. So do homes with few or no young children. It's easy to find me staring at some form of a map. I attribute my strong memory to this practice of sucking in pictorial memories. If you want your child to memorize things accurately, feed them some maps! :P

History - Here is another field in which my memory has helped me. I started enjoying History at the same age as Physics. Whenever I felt bored of one, I studied the other. Both are great, but I think Physics wins. B)

I love Math' date='especially algebra. But i have problem with trygonometry. Anyone here good there?[/quote']

Trigonometry isn't that bad, but its annoying when you have to memorise the surds for cos 30,60,90 and tan 30,60,90 and sin 30,60,90. Also learning the properties takes time. Its not so much hard but just a lot to learn and remember making it all so irritating lol. This is trigonemtry at AS level by the way. I'm not sure which trig you are doing. The basic trig for GCSE/IGCSE is really easy:)

im good at maths but hate it my teacher makes it so boring:( , my favourite one was probably english because i just mucked about in it:D and then actually tried second time around and passed really easily.

Science is just random to me and doesnt and never will intrest me AT ALL,I love geography and history there my type of subjects going back in time and what happens into the future:cool: and i had some amazing geography and history teachers.

P.E was ok but we were a sports college so had to take it dead serious:rolleyes: when all of us just wanted to muck about and have a bit of fun really.

Math - I have to like it' date=' since I understand everything so easily! It's just too bad I'm lazy about it. ;)

English - I'm a grammar dictator. You give me an English essay, and I'll [i']grammatize[/i] it so much your teacher will be dead tired of looking for an error. :D However, some parts of it (like poetry) are not very fun to work with.

Biology - It is the one science that will get a person several times as much money as all other sciences put together. I hate it. Of all sciences, it is the most limited. There are no theories. Everything is plain and factual, requiring no proof but a bunch of pictures. Bah!

Physics - I have studied it outside of school (on my comp ;)) since around 10/11 years of age. It is great. Even a teenager or a newbie has the potential to make a breakthrough. Its broad limits means that there is room for everyone to take part in it. In Physics, you have a lot of fun when you understand something, because you know that it will roll your friends' brains up when you explain it! :D The greatest thing about Physics is that because so many things are theories, anyone can come up with some new theory, and studies on the subject can never stop! It has my vote! :)

Chemistry - It always has me bored. I have no reason why. :o

Art - You have to love it at some point. I can draw landscapes pretty well, as I have the patience and some pretty awesome picture memory!

Physical Education - There is nothing more relaxing than running a mile on a cool, mostly-cloudy day. Sports can be made fun in P.E., too.

Geography - I remember a moment many, many years ago. I looked at a globe in my kindergarten class. I saw Mexico, and I pointed at it. If your geography is not as god-status as mine, then California is just north of Mexico. I asked my teacher, we live here, right? Of course, she didn't look carefully and just said yes. I still don't know how I was so accurate, though. Did I already know it from someone? Was it a lucky guess? :confused:

Anyway, since birth, I seem to have had a very strong memory for pictures - enough for me to call it "semi-photographic" memory. I spent a lot of my youth staring at globes. Whenever I get bored anywhere, I look around. Many classrooms have old globes sitting around. So do homes with few or no young children. It's easy to find me staring at some form of a map. I attribute my strong memory to this practice of sucking in pictorial memories. If you want your child to memorize things accurately, feed them some maps! :P

History - Here is another field in which my memory has helped me. I started enjoying History at the same age as Physics. Whenever I felt bored of one, I studied the other. Both are great, but I think Physics wins. B)

And according to this you should be at Oxford/Cambridge over here not playing SM ;)

Right, let's get the three I'm doing out the way first.

Chemistry - Love it. No matter how difficult it is, it's one of the most amazing subjects to take.

Biology - Didn't actually want to take this as an A-level at first, but now I am I'm enjoying it. A2 is bloody tough stuff though.

Economics - What a subject! A fun subject to take, and highly relevant at the moment.

Now for some others that I'm not taking.

Geography - Always enjoyed Geog, and I really don't know why I didn't pursue it further.

Music - Ah, but of course! Can't wait to be taking it at Uni! :D

PE - SPAWN OF THE DEVIL! At GCSE, anyway. The biggest waste of my time.

If you asked me last year I would have said Geography or PE. In PE we would play football every lesson with little or no involvement from the teacher, and there never was training, warm-up and then stretch and then start a match.

I loved Geography because the subject in general was quiet interesting but mainly because of the class, students and the teacher. We had a great teacher who could teach and take a joke. However, the best was the students, we had around 18 boys 3 girls and among us boys over half had been excluded, and were in general very rowdy. The best time was when we were set Social Objectives, to not be racist:D .

Business Studies was similar but less people and he got rid of most of them by the end of the year.

Now, for 6th form I still do Geography but it's not as fun, teachers are excellent but the class isn't the same:D .

My favourite lesson this year is Maths, I do A-Level Maths which is very difficult but I have a amazing teacher who really does make everything he does interesting.

Oh and the feeling you get from solving a hard question:D

If you asked me last year I would have said Geography or PE. In PE we would play football every lesson with little or no involvement from the teacher' date=' and there never was training, warm-up and then stretch and then start a match.

I loved Geography because the subject in general was quiet interesting but mainly because of the class, students and the teacher. We had a great teacher who could teach and take a joke. However, the best was the students, we had around 18 boys 3 girls and among us boys over half had been excluded, and were in general very rowdy. The best time was when we were set Social Objectives, to not be racist:D .

Business Studies was similar but less people and he got rid of most of them by the end of the year.

Now, for 6th form I still do Geography but it's not as fun, teachers are excellent but the class isn't the same:D .

My favourite lesson this year is Maths, I do A-Level Maths which is very difficult but I have a amazing teacher who really does make everything he does interesting.

Oh and the feeling you get from solving a hard question:D[/quote']

owh,what part of math do u love? Algebra,trigonometry,integral,calculus? Yeah, i know the feeling when you can solve hard problem. It make you like smartest person in world, right?

Certainly PE, obviously im on about the academic side. Yeah used to love playing sports with my mates for an hour or two but its not a subect lol. GCSE/A Level/ Now university i have always thrived at sport.

Outside of it, id say History, studied at GCSE and A Level, would defo be doing a history degree if not a sport.

Biology - Didn't actually want to take this as an A-level at first' date=' but now I am I'm enjoying it. A2 is bloody tough stuff though.

[/quote']

I did want to take it, a tough challenge but very interesting and good to have. Helping me alot now on my degree :D

I just can't make head or tail of chemistry or Physics. Bloody bad at both of em. I like Maths. Especially Trignometry:D;) Got 100 in my 10th. Was absolutely delighted. Second would be History. Not necessarily as a subject or for writing exams but just going through the history books is fun