Biggest premiership legend  

1. 1.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Biggest premiership legend Idiots like him are the source of most of society's problems. Maybe it is extreme' date=' and I'm not wishing death on anyone, but you have to admit the World would be

Re: Biggest premiership legend

Well Giggs because he's played every season to a high standard and score every season too :eek:

But I voted Henry as he's my favorite player ever and for me the best player i've ever seen play in the Prem...

My thoughts exactly.

I really want to vote for Henry, because IMO he is definitely the best player to have ever graced the premier league. Although the question isn't ""who is the best player..." the question is about the biggest legend, and i think it is clear for all to see that Giggs is comfortably the biggest EPL legend. He has been in the premier league for over 15 years ago, played a remarkable amount of games in each season, scored a remarkable amount of goals from his midfield position and has also scored in each and every season he has played in. :)

Giggs is all kinds of awesome! He still so awesome. Scholes is also one of the greatest football has seen in my opinion.

I would also give a shout to Matt Le Tissier, who scored some of the best goals ive ever seen. They were goals that not many people dare to try unless they're in the playground! (Tony Yeboah would also go in the outrageous goals category!!!) :D

Shearer giggs or henry

I think for longieviety giggs wins as he has played and delivired year after year and is a true legend.Shearer has broke every goalscoring record there is and who knows how many more he could have got if he didnt break his leg twice.Then i think henry is the best player the division has seen closely followed by berkgamp and the above 2

How the heck can it be him??? He kicked a fan because he couldnt control his temper. Absolute disgrace.

He kicked a racist thug who turned out to be associated with the NF and previously attacked a Sri Lankan with a spanner. Maybe Cantona was wrong to do what he did, but the guy he kicked doesn't even deserve to be alive in my opinion. Cantona's bad temper doesn't make him any less of a legend. Maradona did some far worse things than Cantona... but very few people would claim he shouldn't be called a legend. The only reason Cantona doesn't get my vote is because he only played 5 seasons in the prem, and to take the number 1 spot, I think it needs to be at least 10.

Giggs first, Shearer second. Tony Adams, Ian Wright and Robbie Fowler deserve a mention too, I think. They're all easily more worthy of being on the list than Michael Owen.

He kicked a racist thug who turned out to be associated with the NF and previously attacked a Sri Lankan with a spanner. Maybe Cantona was wrong to do what he did' date=' but the guy he kicked doesn't even deserve to be alive in my opinion. Cantona's bad temper doesn't make him any less of a legend. Maradona did some far worse things than Cantona... but very few people would claim he shouldn't be called a legend. The only reason Cantona doesn't get my vote is because he only played 5 seasons in the prem, and to take the number 1 spot, I think it needs to be at least 10.

Giggs first, Shearer second.[/quote']

Except for wishing death on anyone

(I take that back ,you actually didnt just said didnt deserve to be alive :D )

I agree you cant dismiss Cantona out of the equation because of this ,anyway the thread title dosnt say the best behaved Premiership Legend ,just the biggest and i bet if this question is asked in another 10yrs time there will be some more names on list and not all will have been on best behavior but still seen as a football legend .:)

He kicked a racist thug who turned out to be associated with the NF and previously attacked a Sri Lankan with a spanner. Maybe Cantona was wrong to do what he did' date=' but the guy he kicked doesn't even deserve to be alive in my opinion. Cantona's bad temper doesn't make him any less of a legend. Maradona did some far worse things than Cantona... but very few people would claim he shouldn't be called a legend. The only reason Cantona doesn't get my vote is because he only played 5 seasons in the prem, and to take the number 1 spot, I think it needs to be at least 10.[/quote']

I never knew that, Well played Eric.

Shearer giggs or henry

I think for longieviety giggs wins as he has played and delivired year after year and is a true legend.Shearer has broke every goalscoring record there is and who knows how many more he could have got if he didnt break his leg twice.Then i think henry is the best player the division has seen closely followed by berkgamp and the above 2

when did Shearer break his legs? I thaught it was groin problems and Ligament Injury that kept him out for ages. Or was this before his Newcastle career cos I can't remember him breaking a leg

He kicked a racist thug who turned out to be associated with the NF and previously attacked a Sri Lankan with a spanner. Maybe Cantona was wrong to do what he did' date='[b'] but the guy he kicked doesn't even deserve to be alive in my opinion[/b]. Cantona's bad temper doesn't make him any less of a legend. Maradona did some far worse things than Cantona... but very few people would claim he shouldn't be called a legend. The only reason Cantona doesn't get my vote is because he only played 5 seasons in the prem, and to take the number 1 spot, I think it needs to be at least 10.

Giggs first, Shearer second. Tony Adams, Ian Wright and Robbie Fowler deserve a mention too, I think. They're all easily more worthy of being on the list than Michael Owen.

I think its a bit extreme to say he didnt deserve to be alive. So, your saying it could be right that Cantona jumped into the crowd, kicked that fan and probably put him in hospital? Thats an utter disgrace that he did that, even if the guy wound him. Fans should not be in danger at a football match of players on the pitch.

What did Maradona do worse than that?

I think its a bit extreme to say he didnt deserve to be alive.

Idiots like him are the source of most of society's problems. Maybe it is extreme' date=' and I'm not wishing death on anyone, but you have to admit the World would be a far better place without people like Simmons.

So, your saying it could be right that Cantona jumped into the crowd, kicked that fan and probably put him in hospital? Thats an utter disgrace that he did that, even if the guy wound him.

In my opinion, no it wasn't right. I said 'maybe' because I can easily understand why someone else might see it that way. Lots of people lose their temper when they get racist abuse hurled at them. Two wrongs don't make a right, but it's understandable why Cantona did what he did (I'm pretty sure nobody went to hosital, by the way).

Fans should not be in danger at a football match of players on the pitch.

The players on the pitch should be able to play their game without being subjected to racial abuse (or any other kind of non-football related abuse). 'Fans' like that shouldn't be at football matches' date=' and the fact Simmons only got a 1-year ban is a disgrace in my eyes. If someone gets attacked [i']anywhere[/i] because of their own thuggish behaviour, then they really only have themselves to blame, no matter how right or wrong the attacker might be.

What did Maradona do worse than that?

Taken from http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/3278819/Life-and-crimes-of-Diego-Armando-Maradona-Football.html:

1. Where do we start? Where else other than the 'Hand of God'.

2. Being sent home from the 1994 World Cup in the United States in disgrace after failing a drugs test for ephedrine, and was later banned for 15 months.

3. Handed a suspended jail sentence in 1998 for shooting journalists with an air rifle four years earlier.

4. Suspended for 15 months in 1991 following a positive test for cocaine while playing for Napoli.

Number 3 is definately worse... the other's might be a matter of opinion, but overall, I'd definately say Maradona's career was more controversial than Cantona's.

In my opinion' date=' no it wasn't right. I said 'maybe' because I can easily understand why someone else might see it that way. Lots of people lose their temper when they get racist abuse hurled at them. Two wrongs don't make a right, but it's understandable why Cantona did what he did (I'm pretty sure nobody went to hosital, by the way).[/quote']

The England players didnt lose their temper and start kicking fans when Spanish fans were being racist to them a few years back. Why should Cantona be allowed to do it?

The players on the pitch should be able to play their game without being subjected to racial abuse (or any other kind of non-football related abuse). 'Fans' like that shouldn't be at football matches' date=' and the fact Simmons only got a 1-year ban is a disgrace in my eyes. If someone gets attacked [i']anywhere[/i] because of their own thuggish behaviour, then they really only have themselves to blame, no matter how right or wrong the attacker might be.

Well, true, players shouldnt be subjected to racial abuse in my opinion. Fans like that though generally get banned from football matches though dont they. Cantona should have got a heavier punishment than Simmons in my view, but he didnt, did he?

Taken from http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/3278819/Life-and-crimes-of-Diego-Armando-Maradona-Football.html:

1. Where do we start? Where else other than the 'Hand of God'.

2. Being sent home from the 1994 World Cup in the United States in disgrace after failing a drugs test for ephedrine' date=' and was later banned for 15 months.

3. Handed a suspended jail sentence in 1998 for shooting journalists with an air rifle four years earlier.

4. Suspended for 15 months in 1991 following a positive test for cocaine while playing for Napoli.

Number 3 is definately worse... the other's might be a matter of opinion, but overall, I'd definately say Maradona's career was more controversial than Cantona's.[/quote']

That handball in my opinion is nowhere near as bad as what Cantona did. Also, it didnt hurt anybody or get anybody in prison did it. Also, if the referee had spotted it, nothing would have been wrong. Also, that handball was a form of "cheating" in my opinion. Even today, some football players possibly try to cheat. So, I dont think this was as bad as what Cantona did.

I suppose being sent home from the World Cup squad for taking drugs is rather bad. Not as bad as shooting journalists though. Hard to say whether what Cantona did was worse, maybe it was.

I think number 3 was definitely worse. Shooting journalists! :eek: I think that is worse than kicking a fan. But still, doesnt mean what Eric Cantona did wasnt bad.

I'm not going to write that much about number 4 because its similar to number 2 because they both involved drugs.