Sign in to follow this  
Guest Toggs

The hardest EC Challenge too date! You in?

Guest Toggs

91_1197591431.gif

The YTFC Challenge

Now without a doubt a Yeovil flag at the start of a post would make you immediatly click the X button in the top-right corner of your screen but this time it is for arguably The hardest English Championship Challenge Too Date.

Yeovil are one of the better sides in Division 4 of the English Championships and your task is too get minnows Yeovil too the Premiership in no less than 5 seasons. This means you will have too get promoted 3 times in 5 seasons.

Normally this would hardly be an impossible task. Buying players like Stijn Wuytens & Lucas Vitari from aboard would give you the fire-power needed too conquer divisions for seasons too come, but i wouldnt be posting this if there wasnt a catch.

The catch is also one that will make this task phenominally harder and if you suceed, will show your true ability as an all round manager. The following rules MUST be abided during the challenge:

Rule 1.) No players from abroad -> During the challenge, you MUST not sign any players from outside the setup (example: You wouldnt be able too sign Ronaldinho, as he plays for Milan.) This will make the task phenominally harder as youre negoiating with other managers for players constantly and your resources, aswell the amount of risers will be limitied. Your job could get harder if you have managers like these in your league:

00.jpg

NOTE: If a player is bought in by Manchester United (example, Klass Jan Huntleear) And you wanted too buy him in the future, you would be able too sign him a she is at Manchester United.

2.) NO LOANS ALLOWED! -> Getting 85+ Loans from teams above you can benefit you heavily in promotion pushes and the loanees are a class above the normal players you would have. Not allowing loans AT ALL, in division 4,3,2 or 1 would make the take an extra bit harder.

Question: Can i sign Free Agents with my Yeovil?

Answer: Yes. You can sign any Free Agent of any Nationality, including players that have been released by clubs throughout the duration of the setup.

Question: Do players from the Brisitsh Isles (Scotland, Wales, Ireland & NI) count as part of the challenge and im allowe doto sign form these countries.

Answer: You can only sign players that play in the English Leagues but if players are bought from different clubs in your setup and in the future you wish too bid on them despite the fact they play outside of Britain, becuase theyve been transfered into your setup you will be able too sign them.

You CAN buy from Cardiff City & Swansea City also as theyre in the English Leagues despite the clubs being from Wales.

There will be a monthly table too compare how youre doing compared with other forumers participating in the challenge. The compertition will follow the same rules as Radebe's Rochdale Challenge in terms of how you get points on the table. In case you dont know the rules for that, here they are:

League Format

There will be a new table of forumers for each month, and an overall one for the whole year. Four things will make up the points you collect in this table:

Points in the league

Pretty much how it sounds. How ever many points have been collected in that month, will go towards your total. As this tournament progresses, some forumers may experience promotions, therefore making points harder to come by than previous divisions. To combat this, the amount of points made will be multiplied and then added to your total.

Div 4: x 1

Div 3: x 1.2

Div 2: x 1.4

Div 1: x 1.6

Value Increase

The amount of SM value that has increased from the previous month will be added to your total. This will be rounded to the nearest million, and 1 million = 1 point.

Cup Runs

The further you progress in a cup, the more points up for grabs. Please note that the points are only added once the cup has come to a close. The points are as follow.

Round 3: 3pts

Round 4: 6pts

Quarter's: 10pts

Semi's: 20pts

Losing Finalist: 30pts

Winner: 50pts

Final League Position

Your final league position will also contribute to that months total.

1st: 30pts

2nd: 20pts

Winning Play-off: 15pts

Losing Play-offs: 10pts

For most months, only the SM value and league points will take effect. These points will be posted in a table at the beginning of each month. The yearly table will be an accumulative total of the previous months.

You will have too submit too either Toggs or Hammers4life the fllowing screenshots of your team:

- Squad

- Schedule of last 10 matches played (Will prove too see Cup Runs etc.)

- League Table

You will need too submit the following screenshots within a week time-span. These are the EXACT times for the end of each month you will need too submit:

FEBRUARY - Week comencing 23rd of Feb & Ending 2nd March

MARCH - Week comencing 30th March & Ending 5th April

APRIL - Week comencing 27th April & Ending 3rd May

MAY - Week comencing 25th May & Ending 31st May

JUNE - Week comencing 29th June & Ending 5th July

JULY - Week comencing 27th July & Ending 2nd August

AUGUST - Week comencing 31st August & Ending 6th September

SEPTEMBER - Week comencing 28th September & Ending 4th October

OCTOBER - Week comencing 26th October & Ending 1st November

NOVEMBER - Week comencing 30th November & Ending 6th December

DECEMBER - Week comecing 14th December & Ending 20th December

Managers currently participating

Toggs

Hammers4life

SoP

Danny Rsca

George

Gump0787

Kevin

Bransleyfan

The Original Gooner

RedDevilFC

Danny Williams

David Bevelkitz

Ross

Smartie

Total - 14.

Yearly Table

YearlyTable-Screenie.jpg

*As months go by, its a running total. (Example: Feb + March individual totals = March total

Monthly (February's) Table

MonthyTable-FebScreenie.jpg

Match Report Thread --> http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?p=522003#post522003

Guest Toggs

Re: The hardest EC Challenge too date! You in?

This challange looks good mate' date=' but to be fair you also [b']have the attention span of a small goldfish[/b], what garentee is there you'l still be looking at and compling tables after 1/2 a season let alone 5 seasons?

Complaints like these make life liveable :)

Couple of reasons.

1.) If there is enough popularity (E.g 10+ people) there is no reason why i wouldnt be commited as there would oviously be alot of people counting on the tables etc.

2.) Nick's also with me. So he will be my right hand man in terms of tables etc and keeping everything correct and up-to-date.

I can guarntee that this will not be a one-hit wonder and not even get its wheels going. Me and Nick have been looking at the rules, team too take etc.. for a few weeks so its not an overnight idea :)

Complaints like these make life liveable :)

Couple of reasons.

1.) If there is enough popularity (E.g 10+ people) there is no reason why i wouldnt be commited as there would oviously be alot of people counting on the tables etc.

2.) Nick's also with me. So he will be my right hand man in terms of tables etc and keeping everything correct and up-to-date.

I can guarntee that this will not be a one-hit wonder and not even get its wheels going. Me and Nick have been looking at the rules' date=' team too take etc.. for a few weeks so its not an overnight idea :)[/quote']

Lol wasn't a complaint mate is was a comment - I'l pick up a Yeovil tomorow then as this has obviously been thought out

Guest Toggs

Lol wasn't a complaint mate is was a comment - I'l pick up a Yeovil tomorow then as this has obviously been thought out

Your names on the list ;)

You have too have a few days in the job before you realize the scale of this challenge IMO. Its pretty big :)

Looking for ALOT more forumers :) So if you fancy it post below :)

Guest Toggs

I'm in with my Danny Rsca account' date=' in EC 3150.

No players from outside England he. That sure makes it extra difficult.[/quote']

Welcome too the challenge Danny. Have seen you being very successful in some GC's so its great too have you in.

I think it will prove your managerial capabilites too the full as your not building a squad with rising talent, watching them rise and then having a majorly better squad than the majority of your division. You have too bring in the right players for the right prices and tactics will play a huge part also in future sucess.

Guest Toggs

Just wondering Toggs' date=' when you say no players from abroad, does that mean you can buy players from English sides that aren't in EC's?

Might do this if I can find room :)[/quote']

You would yeah :) (Yep you can buy from Exeter City)

But hands off Marriott ;)

Hopefull we get a few more signed up today and we start too get this into full swing :)

Guest Toggs

lol how did you guess :P

Just took one in EC3153 ;)

Welcome too the challenge ;)

Also' date=' later today a M/R Thread will be created on top of this one too keep us up too dtae with your signings, results etc.

Not sure whever it would be easier too base this on the forums or too make a free site which could make things easier, but that is still being thought upon.

[b']

Think this would be a good challenge for someone that enjoys watching Lower-League football or support a Lower League club :)[/b]

Guest Toggs

Count me in. ill pick up a yeovil right now.. Great idea..

Your names down mate. Best of luck :)

Also, anyone in doubt make sure you read the original post thoroughly so you know whats expected of you monthly and the rules regarding transfers!

Guest Toggs

could you tell me how to put a screenshot on here so i can comply with the rules.. Thanks.

This thread will help you immensely :)

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=69449&postcount=1

As long as you can use paint, it will be a breeze for you and for anyone.

May add this link into the original post for any forumers who are intrested but dont know how too screenshot.

sounds a good idea, but a little confused. Can the yeovil team be from any setup, or how recent (eg can they have played any matches already).

also, what if there has already been a manager who has done some signings.

I will probably do this as well, but first i have one question. Are we allowed to buy from unmanaged clubs within the setup?? I am guessing the answer will be yes, but i just want to make sure first. If that is the answer i will pick up a Yeovil either tonight or tomorrow morning. :)

sounds a good idea' date=' but a little confused. Can the yeovil team be from any setup, or how recent (eg can they have played any matches already).

also, what if there has already been a manager who has done some signings.[/quote']

Well as the title suggests i am guessing it has to be in an EC. :rolleyes:

And i am 100% sure it would have to be a new Yeovil side from scratch (no signings made, no games played). ;)

Guest Toggs

Welcome Kevin, Bransleyfan & Goooner too the challenge!

Yep. Youre allowed too buy from unmanaged clubs within the EC (Example: Ive just bought Morgan Schlinderin from Southamtpon) So on that basis, your in i suppose & your names down :)

Bransleyfan, the Yeovil HAS too be from a newly created EC that has no games played within and the Yeovil side has too be the original.

All three of your names ill add now :)

M/R Thread & Tables Thread will be created later today :)

Yep. Youre allowed too buy from unmanaged clubs within the EC (Example: Ive just bought Morgan Schlinderin from Southamtpon) So on that basis' date=' your in i suppose & your names down :)[/quote']

I thought that would be the case.

I'll pick up a Yeovil when i can and let you know what EC i am in. ;)

Guest Toggs

Toggs im playing with a yeovil team in EC 3149. Hasnt started yet and original players.

Thats fine :)

And its not mandatoury that i know the setup your Yeovil are in, providing that its before the start of the season and no signings have been made.

I will be able too tell if you havent when its time for screnshots anyway :)

Guest Toggs

I'l join Toggs

Names down.

You seem too have a good track record' in comps like these so best of luck ;)