Create Your Own Formations *Even More Control Over Tactics*

With the introduction of arrows to incorporate attacking and defensive runs into your tactics which is an awesome addition I would also love it if the SM team could also allow us to create our own formations to give us even more control over our tactical plans.

There are many football systems that I'd love to build my teams around such as those used by Van Gaal when he managed Ajax but it is impossible to replicate them with the current tactics format.

Would anyone else like to be able to create their own formations in SM?

Re: Create Your Own Formations *Even More Control Over Tactics*

I think it would possibly make it into too much of an arcade game if "Create your own formation" was introduced...

Not just that you'd get stupid formations like 9-1 1-7-1-1 and would lead to extreame cheating. If you don't think it would happen play FM live which is a great example. Ps did anyone see Soccermanager being mentioned on Teletext's GameCentral? Someone wrote in for online management games checl out Hattrick next day someone else wrote. For online management games Soccermanager is the best by far.:D

I think there has to be some control over this, for instance if this was introduced i could see some managers playing a 0-0-10 formation. :rolleyes:

Although if there was a limit on the amount of players in each area i think it could work, something like the below:

Defence: Min-3, Max-5.

Midfield: Min-3, Max-6

Forward: Min-1, Max-4

I think there has to be some control over this' date=' for instance if this was introduced i could see some managers playing a 0-0-10 formation. :rolleyes:

Although if there was a limit on the amount of players in each area i think it could work, something like the below:

[b']Defence: Min-3, Max-5.

Midfield: Min-3, Max-6

Forward: Min-1, Max-4[/b]

Custom formations within the limits you suggest would be perfect.

Ps did anyone see Soccermanager being mentioned on Teletext's GameCentral? Someone wrote in for online management games checl out Hattrick next day someone else wrote. For online management games Soccermanager is the best by far.:D

http://www.teletext.co.uk/gamecentral/inbox/edae5da29749aa06faa1ea1fcb348ef3/bTotally+differentb.aspx

That'll be me :D Had to be said, SM is the best online football management game around.

As for creating you're own formations, it could be ok if done rightly. Giving people total freedom would lead to certain people cheating to make sure they win.