Sign in to follow this  
BenReado

Mauro Formica

C_3_Media_707437_immagine_det.jpg

Mauro Formica is a 20 year old creative midfield player who plays for Argentinian team Newell's Old Boys. He is on the database rated 75. 3 years ago Formica started his career playing for the Argentina U17 team, where he made 4 appearences scoring 2 goals. The Argentinian Attacking Midfielder made his club debut aged just 18 against Colón and has made good progress ever since. In last years Clausura Formica was given 3 starts, and a sub appearence my the manager, where he started to show his potential.

In this season's Apertura which has just finished, Formica was again given a few sub appearences. Most notably on the last day of the season when he scored against Racing Club and first came to my attention.

This season's Clausura is now 2 games in, and Mauro has stared both games and managed to score 2 goals and grab 2 assists.

The Argentinean press have already compared his style to that of Lavezzi and Diego, and praised him for having an elegent style. Newell's are top of the Argentinean league currently and there next game is against GyE Jujuy and Formica is expected to start.

He may still be available in a few GC's an is worth a buy.

Last Update: 7/6/09

Formica has now played 14 games in the Argentina Torneo Clausura scoring 6 goals and getting 3 assists. He was also called up by Maradona to the Argentinean squad for a friendly in May. Here are his goals and assists:

Newell's Old Boys 3 - 0 Club de Gimnasia

Goal 1 - 0:01

Assist - 1:26

Goal 2 - 2:02 (Stunning goal)

F2aDRkpiD-8

Boca Juniors 0 - 2 Newell's Old Boys

Assist - 1:50

wRtK_ELvE7E

Independiente 4 - 1 Newell's Old Boys

Goal - 2:30

hfXggRlKx-k

Tigre 1 - 1 Newell's Old Boys

Assist

No video Available

Newell's Old Boys 1 - 0 River Plate

Goal - 0:48

PX8gRJXQLlc

Rosario Central 1 - 1 Newell's Old Boys

Goal - 0:52 (Stunning goal)

mkICAeMDiU0

Newell's Old Boys 1 - 1 Arsenal de Sarandi

Goal - 1:16

oScgJBxhC8s

Re: Mauro Formica

C_3_Media_707437_immagine_det.jpg

Mauro Formica is a 20 year old creative midfield player who plays for Argentinian team Newell's Old Boys. He is on the database rated 75. 3 years ago Formica started his career playing for the Argentina U17 team' date=' where he made 4 appearences scoring 2 goals. The Argentinian Attacking Midfielder made his club debut aged just 18 against Colón and has made good progress ever since. In last years Clausura Formica was given 3 starts, and a sub appearence my the manager, where he started to show his potential.

In this season's Apertura which has just finished, Formica was again given a few sub appearences. Most notably on the last day of the season when he scored against Racing Club and first came to my attention.

This season's Clausura is now 2 games in, and Mauro has stared both games and managed to score 2 goals and grab 2 assists.

The Argentinean press have already compared his style to that of Lavezzi and Diego, and praised him for having an elegent style. Newell's are top of the Argentinean league currently and there next game is against GyE Jujuy and Formica is expected to start.

He may still be available in a few GC's an is worth a buy.[/font']

Whats your prediction Ben?

Whats your prediction Ben?

I'll let you know nearer the time what I reckon he'll get. It's very hard to tell after just 2 games how he'll do over the rest of the season. Even if his performences dip a bit it'll still be money well spent.

I'll let you know nearer the time what I reckon he'll get. It's very hard to tell after just 2 games how he'll do over the rest of the season. Even if his performences dip a bit it'll still be money well spent.
Put a few bids in for him for some of my teams

For those who don't really know about Mauro Formica yet, either through this thread, my own Young 'Argentine Talent' thread or Radebe20's 'Argentinain Analysis' thread, then you should really see the goal that he scored this weekend. Formica scored an absolute screamer in the big derby against Rosario Central from about 33 yards. It was very Cristiano Ronaldo-esque.

MUST SEE GOAL, 2:44

1rPlOlM9VJM

:eek:

Mauro Formica got a call up to the Argentina National team for their mid week friendly against Panama. It was only a friendly and only players playing in Argentina currently were in the squad, but I'm sure you'll agree that it is quite an achievement for a player of his age on his first season as a starter for his team.

He has also taken his goal talley for this Clausura to 5 goals and 3 assists, from 12 starts and 1 sub. Not bad for an attacking midfielder. Next week (or the week after) he'll get his rise.

Mauro Formica returns from International duty to score another goal :)... and what a goal as well :D. Not for the first time this season.

Goal on 1:17

oScgJBxhC8s

So that's now 6 goals and 3 assists from 14 games + some really special goals and International duty. It's looking good with the Argentinean changes approaching. The comparison made in the first post with Lavezzi is turning out to be a good comparison. The more I watch him the mor he reminds be of Lavezzi. They both play AM/LeftWing/Fwd and have very similar techniques. I seriously think this kid would be a huge success if he moved to somewhere like Italy.

Mauro Formica returns from International duty to score another goal :)... and what a goal as well :D. Not for the first time this season.

Goal on 1:17

oScgJBxhC8s

So that's now 6 goals and 3 assists from 14 games + some really special goals and International duty. It's looking good with the Argentinean changes approaching. The comparison made in the first post with Lavezzi is turning out to be a good comparison. The more I watch him the mor he reminds be of Lavezzi. They both play AM/LeftWing/Fwd and have very similar techniques. I seriously think this kid would be a huge success if he moved to somewhere like Italy.

yeah really hoping for a tasty rise from his existing 75 - the way he's playing he deserves better than that. Got him in my RSL side.

I think this lad deserves an 84? he's a regular first team performer - goals and assists - only questions i have is how well is his team doing and ratings of other top players in his side? Also how much does his team rely on his classs.... A RISE TO 83/84 for me.

I think this lad deserves an 84? he's a regular first team performer - goals and assists - only questions i have is how well is his team doing and ratings of other top players in his side? Also how much does his team rely on his classs.... A RISE TO 83/84 for me.

His club Newell's are 8th in the Argentinean league and having a good season. Currently their highest rated player is 87 (Bernardello), although I feel he may brake the 88 barrier these ratings. I think your prediction of 83/84 is a good prediction following his recent form.

His club Newell's are 8th in the Argentinean league and having a good season. Currently their highest rated player is 87 (Bernardello)' date=' although I feel he may brake the 88 barrier these ratings. I think your prediction of 83/84 is a good prediction following his recent form.[/quote']

I picked him up in one of my setups the other day and a few other young players, I hope they do all go up. I was wondering if these players will still be getting a suitable rise.

• Mancuello
  • Matias Martinez
  • De Federico

Thanks for your help and also your great Argentinian talent thread:)

I picked him up in one of my setups the other day and a few other young players' date=' I hope they do all go up. I was wondering if these players will still be getting a suitable rise.

[list']

[*]Mancuello

[*]Matias Martinez

[*]De Federico

Thanks for your help and also your great Argentinian talent thread:)

It's Radebe you need to thank for that :D

Anyway, my predictions for the players you mention are:

Mancuello 75 -> 82

Matias Martinez 72 -> 83

De Federico 77 -> 83/84

It's Radebe you need to thank for that :D

Anyway' date=' my predictions for the players you mention are:

Mancuello 75 -> 82

Matias Martinez 72 -> 83

De Federico 77 -> 83/84[/quote']

I saw about 2 of those threads, but for one of them sombody said thank benreado for this:)

lol cheers, i need to spread rep anyways, so i'll get back to you on that!