Ars4nal_4ever's Brentford, 80 million to spend...

A little while ago i started the Div 4 challenge, almost 2 seasons are down. Ive won div 4, the SMFA Shield competition and am currently 2nd in div 4 after alot of appalling luck :o

Anyway, ive just got a windfall of about 80 million (after ive sold a few more risers) and i hv no idea how to spend it.

This is my squad:

http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?action=clubdetails&cid=73446&clubid=10550400&sid=11533

Notable players include: Rensing, Higuain, Pato, Bojan, Giovani Dos Santos, Marin and Henrique along with a load of other 86/85s....

I am also due to buy Agbonlahor, Sissoko OR Molinaro, Mata and Ireland on very favourable p/e deals.

Im currenlty thinking of playing 4-3-3 wingers.

Ok boring stuff over, heres who i want to buy!

Renan GK 88 - 7.9m

Molinaro LB 89 - 10.3m

Marcelo LB 90 - 14.6m (likely to be LM soon)

Traore LB 85 4.9m

Assou Ekotto LB 85 4.6m

Agger CB 89 - 10.6m

Marcellis 87 - 7.3m *when he rises he will devalue Subotic and Hummels unless i p/e them

Westermann 90 - 13.0m *when he rises he will devalue Subotic and Hummels

Mikel DM 91 - 20.2m

Carrick CM 91 - 11.5m

Makoun CM 91 - 15.5m * when he rises will devalue Lemoine

Sissoko CM 90 - 12.1m

Diarra DM 90 - 13.5m

Palacios CM 87 - 4.6m

Sidwell CM 87 - 7m

Zhirkov LM 92 - 20.0m

Walcott W 89 - 14.0m

Robinho W 95 - 38.2m

Julio Baptista AM 91 8.7m

Sulejmani F 88 - 12.4m

Amauri F 92 - 12.4m

Rossi F 90 - 13.7m

Rooney F 96 43.1m

Which of these would you buy???

Remember the total value of all the transfers must not succedd 85 million max (im sure i can squeeze an extra 5 mill somewhere)

I am not bothered about positions, i will afterall only be going into div 2 (which is actually easier than div 3!) and any positions left weak give me more oppurtunities to money spin.

EDIT: I already know how most of these players are going to rise, im more interested in peoples perceptions on them long term and their value for money :)

Cheers to every1, hope you enjoy trying to get sooo much talent into such a tiny budget :rolleyes::D

NB: You can take 7 million off the values of either Sissoko or Molinaro due to a favourable p/e deal but not off both. :)

Re: Ars4nal_4ever's Brentford, 80 million to spend...

dont buy robinho - his rating ceiling has been reached and isnt worth buying and i dont think sidwell will rise enough to be an LT prospect

ps is higuain available? definitely worth buying if he's still available

Already hv Higuain :)

And u cldnt giv ur opinion on who to use te 80 million on (please ;)), i know how most of them will rise in the upcoming changes im more interested in longer term prospects and general opinions.

Cheers m8

From a long term point of view only, will pick the best from each category:

Marcellis, already NT, a dutch that can defend :eek:

Carrick, stalwart at Man U, cant see fergie letting him go, will slowly work his way up to 93/94

Walcott, injury ruins ST promise, but LT he's big, don't need me to tel you that.

Sulejmani/Rossi, hard to decipher between the 2 in terms of LT, both huge talents, but Sulej has has the more solid up bringing and this could see him through in the long run.

If rooney and robinho are available to me the no brainer option is to buy them. They may not be available for long, and they are definitely worth it, a 96 and 95 in division 2 will absolutely destroy the opposition. It seems you already have risers in most positions, and can probably keep turning them over and developing other aspects of your squad. The only downside to buying those high rated players is that it probably will reduce the chairman value of a lot of your youth, but with p/e available as a viable option, especially with trying to improve the general average rating of your risers I say go for the galacticos:D Surely that's why you started this challenge in the first place, to make a team of nothings into a team of superstars:cool:

Walcott' date=' injury ruins ST promise, but LT he's big, don't need me to tel you that.[/quote']

am i the only one who's a bit worried about his LT potential with the injuries? IMO I'm starting to think that his ceiling has fallen from the 95/96 range to 93-95 range

As in English winger I think 96 was always going to be tricky, we just don't seem to make them like the other top countries do. But he's at the best place he could be if he wants to make it big, and I honestly don't think Wenger will let him get too messed up. Bags of potential, on something like injuries, I guess it's only time that will tell.

As in English winger I think 96 was always going to be tricky' date=' we just don't seem to make them like the other top countries do. But he's at the best place he could be if he wants to make it big, and I honestly don't think Wenger will let him get too messed up. Bags of potential, on something like injuries, I guess it's only time that will tell.[/quote']

he's out of contract next season and appparently there's no sign of him agreeing a new deal...

The only spell that would help Pennant is a spell in the local nick.

he still thinks he's a big deal - one of the youth team (i think the guy was about 15) lads at liverpool broke his leg a while ago in a car crash, so jermaine pennant apparently got one of the lackys to send him a signed photo of him to make the lad feel better!!!

Cheers for all the help.

A little suprised that less people have chosen Amauri (only 12.4 mill and will rise to 93) or Julio Baptista (only 8.7 million! 50/50 chance of rising to 92) although i dont know how many ppl hv actually looked at the prices for each. :)

Hv put in bids for Evans, Di Santo, Agbonlahor and Marcellis. The latter two are still to go through so im now down to 70 mill, unless ppl think im making a mistake on Marcellis????

Any thoughts of Assou Ekotto (how much is he due to rise - im thinking an 87 but not sure)