Sign in to follow this  
up gunners

Italian Starlet - Gianmarco Zigoni

75pxtrevisofbc.png

Gianmarco Zigoni is a 17 year old striker currently under contract at relegatio battlers Treviso but will leave Treviso in June to join up with Serie A powerhouse Palermo. His father is former Juventus striker Gianfranco Zigoni.

Youth Career

Gianmarco Zigoni has had an extremely eventful youth career one that would mark the coming of a future superstar. He has started off his career at Treviso were he excelled and scored over 100 goals for Treviso in the youth divisions an impressive feat for the youngster. Since then he rose through the youth academy and has so far excelled in the first team.

zigoni2.jpg

First Team

Gianmarco Zigoni broke into the Treviso first team half way through January where he was given his chance to shine. He was given the chance to shine in hos league game against Ancona he ended up starting that match. Many people criticized the coaches decision to play an inexperienced youngster to lead the Treviso frontline. He ended up scoring a goal in that match and so he shut the critics up. He then played again for Treviso the very next week this time against a very solid Brescia team. Again he ceased to impreess and bagged a wonderful goal against Brescia and so Treviso won that match 3-2. He has since featured in the last 3 games for Treviso against Cittadella, Frosinone and Rimini.

U20 Italian call up

Gianmarco Zigoni was called up to the Italian U20 squad to play against Austria U21s in a friendly. He ended up playing the full 90 minutes for Italy and to no surprise he scored his debut goal for Italy on his debut game. This is really highlights his talent especially because he is only 17 and already playing in the U20 Italian team.

Transfer to Palermo

In a very dragged out transfer he finally transfered to Palermo. It looked as if he wasn't going to sign for Palermo because his dad stated that it was too far away. But in the end he signed and hopefully this will be a positive step for the youngster. He was also linked to Inter Milan at one stage of the January transfer window

He is currently not on DB but i sent a ticket in so he gets added. Hopefully he will get added at around 74/75. A must buy once he gets added.

301200918469b.jpg

Re: Italian Starlet - Gianmarco Zigoni

Great scout report, and quality talent. It's this kind of thread which is why I nominated you for the January scout of the month competition :D

When he's added could you send me a PM so I have a chance of getting him in a few of the older GC's? :o:)

Great scout report' date=' and quality talent. It's this kind of thread which is why I nominated you for the January scout of the month competition :D

When he's added could you send me a PM so I have a chance of getting him in a few of the older GC's? :o:)[/quote']

No worries will do :) and thanks for the nomination. :D

Guest Abdel Zizi

Very nice thread.

Good layout and most importantly a very good kid you find.

Nice scout report and a great find Aladdin' date=' i will be snapping him up for a few of my clubs when he is added to the database.

I hope you can keep this thread updated as i want to keep an eye on his progress.[/quote']

You mean Up Gunners? ;)

Good spot Grant. Keep us updated. :)

I think this was a good report. I think he could be a good talent and is possibly worth getting when he is added to the DB. Do you think he will get chances to play for Palermo when he joins?

I think this was a good report. I think he could be a good talent and is possibly worth getting when he is added to the DB. Do you think he will get chances to play for Palermo when he joins?

Yeh hopefully might just play in bits and pieces for Palermo like Mchedlidze but no doubt if he develops properly he will get a spot in the Palermo squad and hope fully work from their.

Cheers for the replys if anyone wants i can PM them so they know when he gets added.

Update

Got another start today for Treviso as they went down to Modena 1-0. Played around 53 minutes today. Treviso are now last in Serie B in a way this is a good thing for Zigoni as he won't added at a very high rating.

Looks like i mucked up by saying he is already signed with Palermo. Apparently Zigoni and his family didn't agree to the terms so he is still able to get grabbed by a top Italian team. This article was on goal...

Treviso Starlet Zigoni Wants Juventus Or Milan Move – Agent

The promising 18-year-old wants to play alongside the very best next season.

22 May 2009 01:11:13

Treviso-Vicenza Serie B (Grazia Neri)

Photo Gallery

Zoom

Treviso-Vicenza Serie B (Grazia Neri)

Related Links

Teams

* Juventus

* Milan

* Treviso

Players

* Gianmarco Zigoni

Treviso have had a dreadful season in the Italian Serie B, as they have managed to record just 34 points from the 40 matches played to date, and sit rock bottom of the standings.

As a result, they will be playing in the Lega Pro Prima Divisione next term, which was formerly known as Serie C1.

One of the shining lights to come from their season thus far has been the emergence of some young talent, including an 18-year-old by the name of Gianmarco Zigoni, who looked set to join Palermo in January this year.

“In January, the player and his family decided not to choose Palermo for their own personal reasons,” the agent of Zigoni, Gabriele Savino, affirmed in an interview with Mediagol.it.

“With the transfer window set to reopen again shortly though, we will work out what is best for the future of Gianmarco.

“There are many teams looking at him, but firstly we will have to wait and see what Treviso have in mind for the future of this child.

“What teams are interested in him? There are many including Palermo, Sampdoria, Atalanta, Genoa, Juventus, Milan and even Manchester United.

“Understandably, Juventus and Milan are the clubs that attract him the most for now.”

According to Sky Sports Italia he has signed for Milan which is a great move for him. This is the article from goal.

Milan have beaten off competition from a number of Serie A rivals to sign 18-year-old striker Gianmarco Zigoni from Lega Pro club Treviso for €1.2million, according to Sky Sport Italia.

The striker had made a huge impression at youth level and was brought into the first team by the Trevigiani last term, netting two goals in 18 appearances in Serie B.

However, Treviso suffered relegation to Lega Pro and are in desperate need of funds ahead of next season.

The club risked being sued by Zigoni for unpaid bonus money and could have lost the player on a free transfer, so they swiftly accepted Milan’s offer of €1.2m.

Zigoni has scored more than 100 goals at Primavera level for Treviso and netted on his Serie B debut against Ancona last January.

He is the son of Gianfranco Zigoni, who won two Serie A titles with Juventus in the 1960s.