Sign in to follow this  
Umar "knuckles" Hayat

Femi Orenuga - 15 year old talent playing for Southend - Snapped up by EPL club.

I mentioned him on my scouting mission, but i decided to make it's own thread.

Femi Orenuga

femi.jpg

Femi Orenuga is a highly talented 15 year old midfilder currently playing for Southend United. He joined Southend United in 2006, after he impressed the club following his recommendation by an agent. He made his debut when he was 15 against Luton Town in the FA cup, making him the youngest player to play for Southend United.

Femi was recommended to us by an agent and he immediately impressed us because he has such great pace and skill, said Centre of Excellence manager Luke Hobbs.
He has already been recognised by some of the countries top sides.

He has already spent a week training with Premier League champions Manchester United and is set for a very bright future according to Luke Hobbs.

Premier League clubs are already interested in him and even though he hasn't gone on for long out there with the first team it's great for him to make history at Southend United and he should certainly have a great future ahead of him, said Luke Hobbs.

Orenuga joined the Shrimpers two seasons ago and caught the eye whilst helping Southend to win the Norhalne Cup in Denmark.

Femi virtually won it for us on his own, said Hobbs.

He won player of the tournament and at the end of the final I had people coming up to us from FC Copenhagen and Brondby asking me about him and how they would buy him if they had the money, said Luke Hobbs.

Femi Orenuga signed a Pre Scholarship Agreement with Everton Football Club, which sees the fifteen year old join the Toffees from Southend United Football Club from 1st July 2009 for an undisclosed fee.

His younger brother Keith plays for Southend and according to Luke he is one for the future as well.

He plays for the under-12's and is the best player in his age group as well, says Luke Hobbs.
:) Comments Would Be Appreciated :)

Re: Femi Orenuga - 15 year old talent playing for Southend - Snapped up by EPL club.

Comments?

Why have you created two threads about him?

Why do you make individual threads for players when you already have a thread designated for all of your players?

Not every decent prospect deserves its own thread...

did i make 2?

oh right

might have clicked it twice.

I'll go and delete the other one.

Re: Femi Orenuga - 15 year old talent playing for Southend - Snapped up by EPL club.

Bit Harsh Dai, Every Player Should Have There Own Thread, Someone Will Do It Eventually Anyway, No Need To Post Twice Tough Umar.. Wont Do Yaself Any Favours Doin That Or Bumbing Therads.

This Seems Like a Good Find Tough, 2 3 Years Before His Debut For Everton Tough

Bit Harsh Dai' date=' Every Player Should Have There Own Thread, Someone Will Do It Eventually Anyway, No Need To Post Twice Tough Umar.. Wont Do Yaself Any Favours Doin That Or Bumbing Therads.

This Seems Like a Good Find Tough, 2 3 Years Before His Debut For Everton Tough[/quote']

I think the point Dai is making Shels is that he seems to replicate the majority of the "finds" in his scouting mission thread with individual threads.

Guest Abdel Zizi

I send in a ticket more than a month ago after he got a sub appearence for Southend, but he didn't get added.

I mentioned him on my scouting mission' date=' but i decided to make it's own thread.[/color']

I think you've said that on quite a few of your threads. ;)

Anyway, seems like possibly a good find :)

He's not one to buy yet, obviously not on SM anyway I assume, had trials with United, and Everton were rumoured to have bought him at one stage, but we have to wait and see whether he'll be physically up to it.

I've never seen this lad play, but certainly one we'll be keeping an eye on, aswell as Medi Abalimba who had trials at United & Liverpool [Played a reserve game for them vs. City, even got invited for an extended stay] and is shown here on SoccerAM.

Wow' date=' three Southend fans in one thread - That must be a record!

On a more serious note, it's nice to see a thread for a decent young Southend player. Haven't seen one of those in a while.[/quote']

Oh god, it's the attack of the Southendians. :eek:

Oh god' date=' it's the attack of the Southendians. :eek:[/quote']

Hmmm... Southendians. That sounds weird. I think it's Southenders, like Eastenders, but I've never referred to myself like that. Southend-dwellers, anyone? :D

Never knew we had so many fans ;) ....Another youngster that deserves a mention Franck MOUSSA :D deserves a +10 just for Yesturdays Goal ;) ... But back on topic....

I was lost my password and username :| I posted about SM a while ago though .

Look through it regulaly though mate :)

-------------------------------

Yee is looking up with the youth Herd, O'keefe, Medi and Femi

here is another southend supporter

i feel dat we should have kept him under covers and played him when he was 18 so we could get some money off clubs instead of them nicking our players

:eek: The truth is they all support southend really ;) Were up to 4 on here now? ...

In regards to keeping him "Under covers" i think we'd have found it hard bar Not playing him at all mate and he needs to play dont he! Scouts are bound to spot him playing in the U18's etc.

here is another southend supporter

i feel dat we should have kept him under covers and played him when he was 18 so we could get some money off clubs instead of them nicking our players

Hola fellow fan.

Possibly agree, although he's only made the one substitute appearance. I'm quite happy clubs know about him, as Ricky Duncan (our Youth Coach) said, it's good for our club to be seen to be developing players who get interest from the best. It'll do us good in the long run.