Official Russian Premier League '09 Thread

BenReado

Re: Official Russian Premier League '09 Thread

Zenit fans?? a bit quick isn't it? SELL????

Well' date=' he was a Zenit player before he jumped ship to Spartak, so that's understandable.

Should you sell? I think Ben would be better-placed to answer that. ;)

EDIT - Found a blog which pretty much explains the situation clearly :

[url']http://zenit.theoffside.com/zenit-team-news/the-latest-transfers-and-something-that-you-never-heard-before.html[/url]

Well' date=' he was a Zenit player before he jumped ship to Spartak, so that's understandable.

Should you sell? I think Ben would be better-placed to answer that. ;)

EDIT - Found a blog which pretty much explains the situation clearly :

[url']http://zenit.theoffside.com/zenit-team-news/the-latest-transfers-and-something-that-you-never-heard-before.html[/url]

Thanks for that Barra Big Fish, very interesting but not exactly edifying, poor poor piggy.... bacon chops time Ben?? Would you like to fry him & eggsit??

Hello Ben, mind helping me out a bit? Is Moussa Maazou worth hanging onto? Potential wise, can he break into the 90s? He caught my eye scoring goals for fun rated then 80 at Lokeren in Belgium.

Secondly, can Kerzhakov sneak a 90? Scored 10 goals in 17 games so far in the league for Dynamo. He used to be pretty good back in his Sevilla days before he was deemed surplus to requirements. Pavel Mamaev of CSKA, is he NT material?

Thanks

Caleb

Nika PILIEV has been added to the database. Rated just 75 he's a must buy. SM have given him the position CM/AM. His first start for CSKA was at LM, so I thought his position would have incorporated this position, but obviously not. Championat rated his performence in his first start at a massive 6.5, making him joint MoM.

Hello Ben' date=' mind helping me out a bit? Is Moussa Maazou worth hanging onto? Potential wise, can he break into the 90s? He caught my eye scoring goals for fun rated then 80 at Lokeren in Belgium.

Secondly, can Kerzhakov sneak a 90? Scored 10 goals in 17 games so far in the league for Dynamo. He used to be pretty good back in his Sevilla days before he was deemed surplus to requirements. Pavel Mamaev of CSKA, is he NT material?

Thanks

Caleb[/quote']

Maazou started off the season really well. He's more of a winger than a forward, just a winger who scores a lot of goals. When Krasic was injured and out of favor, he was starting a doing a very good job. I think he's got a lot of potential and personally rate him above Necid. I don't see why he can't get 89 or 90 in the future.

As for Kerzhakov. If he can hold down a starting place for the NT and score goals, he'll get 90. Mamaev, as mentioned above, has already been in the Russia squad, and will get more of a look in in the future I'm sure.

Ben.

Just wondering if you can give me a bit of info on the long term prospects of Amir Bazhev.

You can PM me about it if you prefer.

Ta.

I haven't seen him play yet, but he's still on the books at Spartak who imo have the best home grown youth in Russia. Spartak have got a lot of other quality young forwards who have recently or are about to make a name for themselves, but if he continues to do well on loan, he may get his chance at Spartak next season.

His goalscoring record this season for Salyut-Energia Belgorod is good (3 goals, 6 games) and he did well on loan at SKA Rostov before that (2 goals, 2 assists, 12 games).

I think he actually has 5 goals in 8 games? He scored on the 19th and yesterday also.

It is interesting you describe him as a forward, I've been led to believe he's a goalscoring AM, but at this early stage in his career I guess they are fairly similar!

Cheers for the info anyway, if you manage to catch a glimpse or get any news I'd appreciate a heads up, and I will also do the same.

Thanks.

I think he actually has 5 goals in 8 games? He scored on the 19th and yesterday also.

It is interesting you describe him as a forward' date=' I've been led to believe he's a goalscoring AM, but at this early stage in his career I guess they are fairly similar!

Cheers for the info anyway, if you manage to catch a glimpse or get any news I'd appreciate a heads up, and I will also do the same.

Thanks.[/quote']

So he has. Seems the stats I was looking at first haven't been updated. The stats I was looking at first listed him as a forward, championat say he's Midfield so that's probably right. I guess I need to see him play first before I can make a proper judgement on him. Salyut-Energiya face top of the league Anzhi on the first of November so I may watch that game, if there's no better Russian PL game on at the same time.

Courtesy of: The Times

Pitch invaders have had a rough time of it lately, but you've got to have a hard heart if you can't enjoy the sight of a Russian fan ghosting in to crisply dispatch a penalty during the FC Saturn v Spartak Moscow match last weekend. We don't blame him, considering the time Spartak's Alex was taking to pick his spot.

How's Gatagov doing at Spartak?

He's still at Loko...

Anyway, he's doing very, very good. His average rating is 6.12 which is the highest in the Loko squad. As far as I'm concerned he's one of the top Russian talents going and probably a reason why Piliev decided to leave Loko (because they are the same age, and play the same position).

He's still at Loko...

Anyway' date=' he's doing very, very good. His average rating is 6.12 which is the highest in the Loko squad. As far as I'm concerned he's one of the top Russian talents going and probably a reason why Piliev decided to leave Loko (because they are the same age, and play the same position).[/quote']

Thats not to say Piliev wont have a bright future is it ? Kinda invested in him in GC19 with Bournemouth, would be a pain in the backside if he was to fail lol. No worries as i do have Gatagov too :P

Ben whats the best website for russian footy ? to stream on

Thats not to say Piliev wont have a bright future is it ? Kinda invested in him in GC19 with Bournemouth' date=' would be a pain in the backside if he was to fail lol. No worries as i do have Gatagov too :P

Ben whats the best website for russian footy ? to stream on[/quote']

Piliev won't fail. Thats one of (not solely) the reason he left. He's still got Schennikov to compete against at CSKA, but personally I think Schennikov and Piliev can both fit into the same team in the future (with Georgi playing a slightly more defensive role). Schenni, Piliev and Gatagov are probably all in the top 5 upcoming Russian talents and all future NT and 90+. Just a coincedence they're all left sided midfielders. Luckily Gatagov can also play on the right, so in the future they could all just about squeeze into the same national team. Out of the 3 I'd say Gatagov probably has the most potential, but I could be worng.

As for Russian streams. Try one of:

http://www.p2p4u.net/stream.php?s=Live%20Football%20Stream&u=http://www.livefootballstream.net

http://www.myp2p.eu

http://www.atdhe.net/index.html

If it's not on any of those there'll probably be someone streaming it for justin.tv or ustream.tv or iraq goals.

He's still at Loko...

Anyway' date=' he's doing very, very good. His average rating is 6.12 which is the highest in the Loko squad. As far as I'm concerned he's one of the top Russian talents going and probably a reason why Piliev decided to leave Loko (because they are the same age, and play the same position).[/quote']

Oops, my bad. :o

Ben, if you were to choose a lineup consisting purely of Russian PL players aged under 21, who would you pick?

Oops' date=' my bad. :o

Ben, if you were to choose a lineup consisting purely of Russian PL players aged under 21, who would you pick?[/quote']

Based on potential:

Nigmatullin

Parshivlyuk --- Denisov --- Vlasov --- Schennikov

Mamaev --- Svezhov

Gatagov --- Dzgaoev --- Ionov

Kokorin

Pomazan, Pesjakov, Makeev, Gapon, Ryzhkov, Piliev, Yakovlev

Ionov, Piliev and Gatagov would rotate as all 3 of them have a lot of potential.

Also not sure out of the 3 keepers listed who'd start. I'd of thought either Nigmatullin or Pomazan as Pesjakov will struggle (imo) to break through and start at Spartak.

Based on potential:

Nigmatullin

Parshivlyuk --- Denisov --- Vlasov --- Schennikov

Mamaev --- Svezhov

Gatagov --- Dzgaoev --- Ionov

Kokorin

Pomazan, Pesjakov, Makeev, Gapon, Ryzhkov, Piliev, Yakovlev

Ionov, Piliev and Gatagov would rotate as all 3 of them have a lot of potential.

Also not sure out of the 3 keepers listed who'd start. I'd of thought either Nigmatullin or Pomazan as Pesjakov will struggle (imo) to break through and start at Spartak.

I know you don't know me Ben and this is my first post on the thread, but in my opinion Yakovlev has to be in your starting 11. Not sure who will have to be taken down because Ionov is playing very well for Zenit after the departures of 2 main players upfront- creative wise and scoring wise. Kokorin, on the other hand, is playing superbly for Dynamo. Watching him play I think he moves away from that CF position out to the wing(RM mostly). Yakovlev has been outstanding for Spartak- definitely the best out of the U21s in my opinion(forget about Parshivlyuk here, he's a defender- more of him later.). Not sure about Gotagov, he's been playing football and he shows potential, but I think he should be on the bench on that Top Russian U21s Squad you got. One more comment, it's about Makeev. After he shaved his hair off, he reminds me of Aleksei Berezutskiy and his brother. Rough, strong play! Hope he breaks the barrier in the next 3-5 years and gets into the NT of Russia.

All of the above is my opinion. Feel free to argue and critisise me. :)

---------------------X---------------------

Parshivlyuk-Vlasov-Makeev-Schennikov

-------Mamaev--------Gorbatenko-------

-----------------Dzagoev-----------------

--------Ionov------------Yakovlev--------

------------------Kokorin------------------

I could not pick a goalkeeper for my starting XI. This is because Nigmatullin and Pomazan are still at the same level. The only goalkeeper, who is young, that stands out for me is Dzhanaev(22). Back 4, we all know why I picked them. Mamaev and Gorbatenko in the Centre of the field, hard task for both- they have to control the game. Dzagoev as my AM, I could write a player report for him, but there is no need.LoL. Ionov and Yakovlev have both been superb for their clubs. Kokorin keeps that CF position, although in-game he would always be changing positions with Yakovlev and Ionov. Prudnikov(Sparta Prague), just missed out on my squad. + He is not in the Russian PL.