Official Russian Premier League '09 Thread

BenReado

Re: Official Russian Premier League '09 Thread

IMHO he's better than Necid' date=' and should be played ahead of Necid. When called upon Guilherme has always done well and his stats show this. From 2 starts and 3 sub apps, he's scored 3 goals and got 2 assists. If he was given a proper run in the first team he has the potential to be a key player. Now that CSKA are under new management noone knows for sure who will and won't start, making it a hard call to make. I'd reccomend waiting a few weeks to see what happens.[/quote']

Ben could you predict the ratings for Korbenko(spartak I think) and Ropotan(Dinamo Moscow)

Ionov will definitely get a rise. In my opinion he is worth 84/85. He has played a lot of games for Zenit after the departure of Arshavin and became one of the main players in attack. But the only problem now is he didn't play for the last couple of games because TEKKE and KEZMAN play upfront.

Bystrov will get a rise to 90. HE has played most games since he transfered to Zenit and scored in nearly every game. If he continues to play at such a high level next season he can easily get a 91 rating. The only problem he is having at Zenit, is that the fans hate him- but it doesn't affect his game on the pitch.

Ive just bought Alejandro Dominguez and was wondering what your thoughts were on him? I know hes scored quite alot of goals for Rubin Kazan (alot of pens) but as a player' date=' do you think he has the potential to hit 90?[/quote']

He will rise to 90. As a person who watches RPL(Russian Premier League)a lot, I think he'll be a big loss to the club and the league itself. He has announced that he will leave Rubin after the season ends...

I see he has not played in over a month. Is he injured? How long more will he be out for?

Yeah, he's been injured. He made his return in the last game coming on as a sub in the 84th minute. When fit he's almost certainly a starter. The player who's taken his place during his injury, Kudryashov, has been quite poor tbh, so I expect Makeev to go straight back into the team.

• 3 weeks later...

1. Does Milos Krasic have a split personality? By all accounts he is very inconsistent in Russsia but every time I have seen him in the champions league he is been fantastic.

2. Secondly I have been very very impressed with the Russian teams over the last 2 years. Zenit were terribly unlucky last season in the CL. They passed and dominated Real Madrid quite easily and now Rubin Kazan beat Barca, passed Inter of the pitch. CSKA themselves play some very tidy stuff.

3. Is the Russian league that good that CSKA find themselves in 5th position or is it due to their managerial problems?

1. Does Milos Krasic have a split personality? By all accounts he is very inconsistent in Russsia but every time I have seen him in the champions league he is been fantastic.

2. Secondly I have been very very impressed with the Russian teams over the last 2 years. Zenit were terribly unlucky last season in the CL. They passed and dominated Real Madrid quite easily and now Rubin Kazan beat Barca' date=' passed Inter of the pitch. CSKA themselves play some very tidy stuff.

3. Is the Russian league that good that CSKA find themselves in 5th position or is it due to their managerial problems?[/quote']

1) I made a big post about Milos on some other thread. In the Champions League when he knows half of Europe are watching him he steps up and performs to an outstanding level. In the Russian League however, at times he just can't be bothered. Maybe its the weather? I dunno. Maybe it's just because he thinks he's above playing in that league? Some days he will be fantastic but on other days he just doesn't turn up.

2|3) I think CSKA's position is down to their managerial problems more than anything. Of course the loss of 2 of their key players didn't help either. Over the course of the season Rubin (the team I love too hate) have once again been very consistent and it kills me to say it but they have deserved the title. Spartak have also had a wonderful season - despite normally being the underperformers) with Alex and Welliton leading the show. They've also promoted some amazing youth and 100% deserve to be where they are. I think Spartak are the future of Russia. For me though it's great to see teams like FK Moskau, Saturn and for the first half of the season Krylya Sovetov competing at a high standard now. Unlike in previous season there have only been 2 or 3 teams that are any good in Russia, there are now about 8 or 9 teams who can all get results against each other.

• 2 weeks later...

Ben' date=' what sort of rise is Parshivlyuk looking at? +1?

Also, is it Schenni or Makeev who currently starts as LB for the Russian U-21s? (or do they both start? :confused:)[/quote']

They both start. Makeev plays center back with Vlasov, whilst Parshivlyuk and Schennikov are the full backs. And Sergey should be looking to get 88 (slight chance of 89) in the next changes.

They both start. Makeev plays center back with Vlasov' date=' whilst Parshivlyuk and Schennikov are the full backs. And Sergey should be looking to get 88 (slight chance of 89) in the next changes.[/quote']

Thanks, Ben. :) Does that mean Makeev may have a positional change to a Def?

Yeah' date=' it's definitely a possibility.[/quote']

That would SEVERLY disrupt a few of my teams, is that his 'new' position or is he playing there due to injuries, coaches philosophy ?

Is it his true position.

I dont think SM would move him straight from his current position to a defendr would they, he has played midfield for the majority of his career, so maybe a secondary position ?

That would SEVERLY disrupt a few of my teams' date=' is that his 'new' position or is he playing there due to injuries, coaches philosophy ?

Is it his true position.

I dont think SM would move him straight from his current position to a defendr would they, he has played midfield for the majority of his career, so maybe a secondary position ?[/quote']

Makeev's current position on SM is RB/LB, so if he moved to Def he's still play equally well in those two positions. He's played about 50% of his league games this season at left full back and the other 50% at right full back, whilst all his U21 games have been at center back. So a position change to Def is Def. possible.

I dont think SM would move him straight from his current position to a defendr would they' date=' he has played midfield for the majority of his career, so maybe a secondary position ?[/quote']

It could happen, though; SM were quick to change Benedikt Hoewedes from a CB to a Def after he played, what, 4 games at LB, and 2 games at RB?

So a position change to Def is Def. possible.

You couldn't resist, that, could you? :P

They both start. Makeev plays center back with Vlasov' date=' whilst Parshivlyuk and Schennikov are the full backs. And Sergey should be looking to get 88 (slight chance of 89) in the next changes.[/quote']

Hi Ben, Is That Vlasov You Mentioned On The DB?

Thanks

Hi Ben' date=' Is That Vlasov You Mentioned On The DB?

Thanks[/quote']

No, I don't think he is. He's onloan at division 1 club Anzhi Makhachkala, from CSKA and has played enough games to be added, but I don't think the researchers look at Russia's second division yet.

Krasic is just too good' date=' apparently he wants to go to Liverpool but his manager isn't letting him?[/quote']

I hope he doesn't sign for us :o. Hopefully SAF will get in there first.