Official Russian Premier League '09 Thread

BenReado

Re: Official Russian Premier League '09 Thread

CSKA win the cup :D

2-1 AET.

First of many trophies for Zico. Much deserved for CSKA. I'll post a match report in a sec and then answer any questions.

Huh?

Thought it was tonight...Anyway, can you also include why Gokdeniz got sent off and how Necid's goal was?

Looks like he's got a bright future in Russia:D

Huh?

Thought it was tonight...Anyway' date=' can you also include why Gokdeniz got sent off and how Necid's goal was?

Looks like he's got a bright future in Russia:D[/quote']

Oops, I posted 11PM instead of 11AM. My bad :o.

To the shock of everyone watching the game Karadeniz was left on the bench :eek:. When he came on in the second half he was Kubin's main threat attacking. He got his first yellow card for a tackle of Carvaliho and his second yellow in extra time for diving :eek:.

I missed Necid's goal (stupid internet streams), but from what I'm hearing it was a pretty nice finish. For some reason I thought Necid would have an impact on this game. When CSKA update they'll website I'll post a link to the highlights.

Wow what a goal from Semberas:eek:

Zhirkov drove into the box and the ball fell to Dzagoev who blasted it from close range but it was blocked by a defender. Ball fell kindly to Semberas who was quite a long way from the penalty box and he calmly volleyed it into the back of the net. Keeper had no chance.

Rubin's goal came from a Kvirkvelia free kick that Sharonov got on the end of.

Necid's goal was not bad...chested it down in the penalty box and fired it to the right of the keeper. Good finish:)

Goal of the game was CSKA's first one though. WOW:D

Wow what a goal from Semberas:eek:

Zhirkov drove into the box and the ball fell to Dzagoev who blasted it from close range but it was blocked by a defender. Ball fell kindly to Semberas who was quite a long way from the penalty box and he calmly volleyed it into the back of the net. Keeper had no chance.

Rubin's goal came from a Kvirkvelia free kick that Sharonov got on the end of.

Necid's goal was not bad...chested it down in the penalty box and fired it to the right of the keeper. Good finish:)

Goal of the game was CSKA's first one though. WOW:D

Some lithuanians aren't that bad, eh? :D

Fernando Meira signs for Zenit

Meira-Transfer-zu-Gala-nimmt-Form-an_acebff584b.jpg

Zenit increase there strength in defense just before the start of the season by signing Meira. The Portugese international moved from Galatasaray just a year after joining, for a reported fee of £6.5 million Euros.

Meira will be a key player for Zenit this season, as they look for success in European competitions and the league. Although, he admitted he will miss Turkey, he said he is looking forward to the new challenge, and will look forward to regaining the form he had at Stuttgart just a couple of seasons ago.

In other news, CSKA are currently 1 goal up against Shaktar, with about 2 minutes to go thanks to a Vagner Love penalty.

I only watched the last few minutes. I was busy doing coursework due in tomorrow. Nothing to comment on from the few minutes I watched. I'll try to watch some highlights later though.

May watch the second half of the Zenit game if my coursework is finished. Not sure though.

Anyway, Setanta have announced which games they will be showing on the first turn of the season, and they are:

Dinamo Moscow vs FC Moscow (1st Air)

Spartak Moscow vs Zenit St. Petersburg

Sadly no CSKA but still, the games are pretty good. I'll be watching both, so if there's any player from any of those team people would like me to feedback on their performance let me know now so I can focus more on how that player does.

Sadly no CSKA but still' date=' the games are pretty good. I'll be watching both, so if there's any player from any of those team people would like me to feedback on their performance let me know now so I can focus more on how that player does.[/quote']

Gokdeniz Karadeniz if he's allowed to play and Hasan Kabze.

An interesting first day in the RFL. Most of the games were very close. The only game that was won by a big amount was Rubin's game against newly promoted Kuban.

The games ended with these scored:

Amkar 0 - 0 Rostov

Amkar start the new season the way they played the previous season. Another game with no goals and a clean sheet for the amazing Sergi Narubin, who has saved Amkar so many times now. Amkar were the better team but failed to score once again. Kushev came the closest.

Dynamo 1 - 0 FK Moskva

Another close game saw a winner from Kerzhakov scored at 90 + 1 Min. The assist from Kombarov (the left sided one).

Lokomotiv Moskva 1 - 1 Khimiki

Another game ending in a stalemate. Loko should of one though. How they didn't score in the 90th minute I will never know. The first goal scored by Jovanovic for Khimiki, which was later followed by a goal from (my star find of last season) Glushakov assited by Odemwingie.

Rubin 3 - 0 Kuban

Rubin continue where they left off last season with a very impressive win over newly promoted Kuban. Kuban were out played, and if they wish to stay up this season they will need to improve. I was very, very impressed with Bukharov who got 2 goals and an assist in the game. Maybe he's the answer to Rubin's forwad problems if he can keep up consistency. Bystrov also got 2 assists, and Semak scored the other goal. Before everyon asks, Karadeniz was left out of the squad due to a small injury from what I hear.

A few players made their debuts today (as expected), and I will update when these players get added to the database.

Player of the day: Bukharov

I found a good stream for the CSKA game, so watched that ahead of Zenit Spartak. So here's the report:

12354770641795510253_sat_bg.jpg Saturn 0 - 3 PFC-CSKA 11990064231135958830_cska.jpg

------------------------------- 69' Dzagoev (A. Berezutski)

---------------------------------- 82' Ignashievic (V. Berezutski)

------------------------------ 87' Ignashievic (Carvaliho)

11990064231135958830_cska.jpg

Team Sheets (My Ratings):

Saturn: Antonín Kinský (5.0) - Benoît Angbwa (4.0) , Zelão (4.0) , Vadim Evseev (4.5) , Evgeni Malkov (5.0) - Aleksey Eremenko Junior (4.5) , Aleksey Igonin (4.5) , Petr Nemov (5.0) - Leonid Kovel (4.5) , Vladimir Kuzmichev (4.5) , Marko Topic (4.5)

Saturn went into the game knowing it wouldn't be easy. They went into the game with their strongest team, but knowing as under-dogs there was no massive pressure.

CSKA: Igor Akinfeev (7.5) - Vasili Berezutski (6.5) , Aleksey Berezutski (6.5) , Sergey Ignashevich (7.5) , Deividas Semberas (6.0) , Georgi Stchennikov (6.5) - Daniel Carvalho , Alan Dzagoev (6.5) , Pavel Mamaev (6.5) , Yuri Zhirkov (6.5) - Tomás Necid (5.5)

After Rubin's impressive win yesterday, CSKA needed to get 3 points from Saturn to stop Rubin taking an early lead. Zico decided to leave Vagner Love in Moscow and Krasic on the bench ahead of CSKA's midweek tie in Ukraine against Shaktar. This meant Necid and Carvaliho came in. Mamaev, who impressed last season, was also chosen ahead of Aldonin. Other than that it was the same team that featured in the UEFA Cup mid week.

Summary

The first half saw chances for both teams. Necid had 3 chances which he really should of scored. If Vagner was playing you just know it'd have been settled earlier for CSKA. The early red card for Angbwa really didn't help Saturn, but they did still have a few chances, but fantastic keeping from Akinfieev kept it all square going into half time.

The second half started much the same way the first half ended. Chances were created but no-one was clinical enough to make the most of them.

Eventually the deadlock was broken with a great strike from Dzagoev with Berezutski getting the assist. The last 2 goals were created by Carvaliho set crosses, which Ignashievic put into the back of the net.

Individual Analysis

I've picked out a few players from the game who I know people are following. If you'd like reports on any other players from this game just ask.

Igor Akinfeev (91) - Mr. Reliable in goal once again had an error free game and stopped anything that came his way. He's proving to be a big fans favorite and imo one of the best keepers around.

Georgi Schennikov (73) - As I expected he's very well suited to the Russian league. The football played today was on the ground and this suited young Schenni. He was solid, made challenges when needed, and passed the ball around well.

Alan Dzagoev (87) - Wasn't at his best today, but he managed to play the full 90 minutes (which is something he often doesn't manage), and also scored a very nice goal. He got pushed off the ball at times though, and needs to look to improve his strength.

Dani Carvaliho (88) - Still no where near where he was a couple of seasons ago, but glimpses of his old slf were shown. His set pieces were great, and 2 of his crosses created goals for Ignash. The only bad thing that can be taken is the Brazilian league has taught him how to dive.

Tomas Necid (83) - He wasn't great today. He missed chances he should have buried. He made a couple of great runs with the ball, but an end product wasn't there. I think he needs time to adjust. Him and Maazou I expect will get games when Vagner needs resting, so he will no doubt get games to improve.

Last year it was Dzagoev and Glushakov... this year it's Schennikov and... Makeev?

7233.jpg

Name: Evgeni MAKEEV

Rating: 74

Position: RB/LB

Club: Spartak Moskva

About: Makeev is a young Russian full back playing for Spartak. He is right footed, but can play either right back or left back, and even on a more attacking position on both wings if needed. He joint Spartak from Sheksna Cherepovets in 2007 and has been in the Spartak youth system since. He is one of many talented young players at Spartak, and it is thought he is on the verge of first team football. People who watched him play for Spartak's youth team last season talk highly of him.

Statistics/Notes: Makeev made his debut against Zenit on the first game of the season, and played 45 minutes before having to come off through injury. It is thought his injury could keep him out for 2 weeks.

EDIT: Makeev has recovered quicker than expected and is starting today against Spartak.

Russian Premier: 2 games

On SM: Makeev has been added rated 74 following his debut on Sunday. If he returns from injury and develops as expected he could be seeing a nice rise in the future.

Firstly, superb thread.

Secondly, in regards to Gokdeniz was he eligible to play anyway despite getting sent off in the Cup.

Finally, were you not able to watch the Zenit match?

It was on in the background while I was doing my work, watched the first 15 minutes or so and Meira was terrible, the early goal scored was 100% his fault:D

Firstly' date=' superb thread.

Secondly, in regards to Gokdeniz was he eligible to play anyway despite getting sent off in the Cup.

Finally, were you not able to watch the Zenit match?

It was on in the background while I was doing my work, watched the first 15 minutes or so and Meira was terrible, the early goal scored was 100% his fault:D[/quote']

Gokdeniz wasn't available, but he took a slight knock in training meaning he wouldn't of played anyway.

I could of watched the Zenit, Spartak game, but it was on at the same time as CSKA and I found a very good CSKA stream to watch in the end. I will probaby watch Zenit this W/E though because they are once again the featured game.

Also, if it was you interested in Caner ERKIN previously (think it was), you'll be happy to know he is expected to start on the left wing for CSKA's UEFA game tomorrow as Zhirkov is out.

Also' date=' if it was you interested in Caner ERKIN previously (think it was), you'll be happy to know he is expected to start on the left wing for CSKA's UEFA game tomorrow as Zhirkov is out.[/quote']

Can't watch any football tomorrow, need to revise for Maths:o.

Thanks anyway, I'll try and read some reports after the game.

New players on the database!

Over the last 48 hours' date=' 2 Russian players have been added to the SM database. They were:

Name: [b']Evgeni MAKEEV[/b]

Rating: 74

Position: RB/LB

Club: Spartak Moskva

About: Makeev is a young Russian full back playing for Spartak. He is right footed, but can play either right back or left back, and even on both wings if needed. He joint Spartak from Sheksna Cherepovets in 2007 and has been in the Spartak youth system since. He is one of many talented young players at Spartak. He made his debut against Zenit on Sunday and had a solid game playing the full 90 minutes at left back. It is believed he took a knock in training and may be out of the next game, but he will challenge to start again for sure when he is back at the start of April.

When i saw him today added searched about him.. and found..

Yevgeny Makeyev, who was substituted after the first half of the game against Zenit St. Petersburg, has suffered a hip injury. He will take three weeks to recover.

Fedor Kudrashov and Sergey Covalciuc are also likely to sit out the next game against Kuban Krasnodar due to injuries.

So he will be off 3 weeks, found it in Spartak's site.

When i saw him today added searched about him.. and found..

So he will be off 3 weeks' date=' found it in Spartak's site.

Cheers Gizb :). I knew he was out for a short while, because the information came up on the site I use but I wasn't sure how he got injured. I will update the other post now ;).

Sweeet! I have Setanta Canada now... :confused: Since when, I dunno.

Watched the last 15 mins or so of Zenit-Saturn (i JUST realized I have Setanta ;))... Never realised Sol Okoronkwo was is Russia. I rated him at Hertha. How has he been Ben?

I gotta say, that pitch is in terrible shape B)

Sweeet! I have Setanta Canada now... :confused: Since when' date=' I dunno.

Watched the last 15 mins or so of Zenit-Saturn (i JUST realized I have Setanta ;))... Never realised Sol Okoronkwo was is Russia. I rated him at Hertha. How has he been Ben?

I gotta say, that pitch is in terrible shape B)[/quote']

I'm not a big fan of Okoronkwo :(. I haven't seen him this season (missed the game again :mad:), but in his games last season he didn't do anything that stood out. I can't see him being a starter this season. Just an impact sub if needed.

My weekend update will be tomorrow/Tuesday evening, as CSKA don't play until Monday and I've been out most of this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of update over the last week or 2. Had a piece of English Coursework and Maths Mock to do/prepare for, and then of course last weekend there were no games due to international.

Anyway, it's now my school holiday, so over the next few weeks you can expect more regular updates. I have watching the footy where possible, and now have a short list of 7 talents I will try to get added over the coming weeks.

I was also lucky enough to watch Russia's 2-0 win over Azerbaijan on the weekend. Arshavin had a good game as did Pavlyuchenko. Dzagoev also got 35 minutes and probably should have scored, if he could get his shot away.

Anyway, moving on to the feature of this post Maksim Grigorjev (or as SM would say -> Maksim GRIGOREV):

So Grigorev is a young Russian talent who I sent a ticket to get added the Monday before last. He was born 06.07.1990 and is 18 years old. He's a young forward who plays for Spartak. He's a tall lad and his main attributes are arial. He's good at holding the ball up and has good conrtol. He's a Russian Under 19 national player and is rated highly by those who saw him playing at youth level for Spartak. I have only seen 24 minutes from him so far against Kuban, where he did well. I'm sure he'll get more playing time as the season goes on, and will turn out to be a good investment.

Anyway' date=' moving on to the feature of this post Maksim Grigorjev (or as SM would say -> Maksim GRIGOREV):

So Grigorev is a young Russian talent who I sent a ticket to get added the Monday before last. He was born 06.07.1990 and is 18 years old. He's a young forward who plays for Spartak. He's a tall lad and his main attributes are arial. He's good at holding the ball up and has good conrtol. He's a Russian Under 19 national player and is rated highly by those who saw him playing at youth level for Spartak. I have only seen 24 minutes from him so far against Kuban, where he did well. I'm sure he'll get more playing time as the season goes on, and will turn out to be a good investment.[/quote']

SM DB has 2 Maksim Grigorev which is a hell of a coinsidece or just a mistake on SM part. Anyway the other guy has no affiliated club so it was a no brainer really for which one to purchase.