Official Russian Premier League '09 Thread

BenReado

Re: Official Russian Premier League '09 Thread

How is Malik Fathi doing ?

Will he rise ?

Spartak haven't got off to the best of starts this season. Their team generally hasn't done well, but I must admit Fathi has been one of the more solid players. Whether he'll rise or not, it's to early to say. But he'll at least keep 88 no doubt. 1 thing to point out is he is starting center back not left back. The left back spot is being filled by Makeev (74), Grigorev (74) and Clemente (88) on a rotainal basis. Writing this has also just reminded me Spartak have Dinamo on a Moscow derby in the Rambler cup this evening, should be a good game.

Sorry for the lack of update recently on my part, I've had the time but just get bored writing match reports :P. I do still watch the games though, and am happy to answer any questions about any players. I'll also start predicting ratings after about 7-10 games.

Re: Aleksandr ANYUKOV

how is he doin will he rise or fall??

Again very early to say, and it does depend on how Zenit perform in the European and Domestic competitions. If Anyukov plays at (or near to) his best this season, keeps his place in the Russian national team and Zenit do well, he will most likely stay. He'll struggle to rise above 92 atm, because he isn't up to the standard of other 92 rated players in Russia such as Zhirkov and Vagner.

Sweeet! I have Setanta Canada now... :confused: Since when' date=' I dunno.

Watched the last 15 mins or so of Zenit-Saturn (i JUST realized I have Setanta ;))... Never realised [b']Sol Okoronkwo[/b] was is Russia. I rated him at Hertha. How has he been Ben?

I gotta say, that pitch is in terrible shape B)

Is he the same Okoronkwo who used to play for Wolves when they were last in the Premiership?

If it is, I think he made his debut for them in a 3-3 draw against us.

thank' date=' was thinking of doing a straight swap, i have Santi Cazorla, and now he's out for the season, i was looking for a replacements and was checking Zhirkov was a good choice.

So i'm right to swap Santi for Zhirkov ?[/quote']

I'd say that's a good move. I don't watch a lot of Villarreal (find them quite boring tbh), but if I watch the Spanish national team Santi Cazorla never hugely stands out. I think he's been dropped to the bench now for them.

On the other hand Zhirkov is probably Russia's key player (under Arshavin) and always puts in a performence. He was immense again on saturday against Loko in the Russian league. I'm sure he'll go to Chelsea if Guus stay's in charge, and he's potential 93.

Good deal.

Is he the same Okoronkwo who used to play for Wolves when they were last in the Premiership?

If it is' date=' I think he made his debut for them in a 3-3 draw against us.[/quote']

Different Okoronkwo. Solomon's first club was Hertha I believe.

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Different Okoronkwo. Solomon's first club was Hertha I believe.

It is Isaac the one Ben means. According to Wiki, he did play for Wolves.

It is Isaac the one Ben means. According to Wiki' date=' he did play for Wolves.[/quote']

Yes, that was him, Issac Okoronkwo. As I recall, I don't think he had a great game and I don't know if he ever played for them again.

Anyway, in a book I have, called "England's Worst Footballers" There was one player in it for each club from the EPL, Championship and League 1 and 2 at that time (it's from about 2004 or so I think), Okoronkwo was in it for Wolves.

I support Lokomotiv' date=' mainly because of Odemwingie he's qual.

Bt did they get raped last week or what and that was without Love in the team! Zenit this weekend even worse.[/quote']

I don't know what's up with Odemwingie this season. I agree he's a quality player but he just can't score this season. I watched Loko against Krylya last week and it was just the same then. So many chances he just couldn't score.

I thought CSKA would struggle without Love, but it didn't seem to make much difference against Loko on Sunday. Maazou looks like he's going to be a quality replacement for him. I've heard Necid is half decent as well but am yet to see it.

Ben' date=' what can you tell me about Dinamo's Sergey Terekhov?[/quote']

I've never seen him play before. This is his first season in the Russian Premier and he hasn't appeared yet. His current rating is based on 30 games for Dinamo Briansk in 1.Division last season. He got a lot of games under his belt but didn't score or assist. He was on the bench for Dinamo last night but didn't get on. I'll have to update on him later in the season.

For now, my tip from Dinamo is a player called Alexander DENISOV (71-rated) who started in the cup yesterday playing the full 90 minutes and did well. He's been on the bench every game this season in the league but yet to appear. I think he'll do a Glushakov and be a late starter, but eventually manage to break into the first team.

any update on how DANNY is playing? is he worth a buy do you reckon?

thanks a lot

Danny has started off the season awfully I'm afraid. His all round game has been poor, and no where near the standard of last season. He needs to pick his game up a lot to rise. There again SM's ratings are very much stat based, and considering his huge money move last year a rise can't be ruled out.

Danny has started off the season awfully I'm afraid. His all round game has been poor, and no where near the standard of last season. He needs to pick his game up a lot to rise. There again SM's ratings are very much stat based, and considering his huge money move last year a rise can't be ruled out.

Thanks a lot for that. I will bear it in mind:)

Hello BenReado,

I absolutely love your thread, and have benefited greatly from closely following your posts.

I do have a question though. Stats show that he has only played 2 games out of the 4 Russian Premier League games this season so far. Has he been injured or has he been replaced on the starting XI by Kim? If I'm not too far off, wasn't Kim the player that Radek Sirl replaced last season?

Hope you don't mind another question. How has he fared so far with the 2 league games? Has he performed well in the UEFA Champions League games and UEFA cup games prior to Zenit's eliminations in both competitions?

Thank you very much!

Rafael Carioca played today in his teams 2-0 win over Rubin Kazan.He was sub out in the 62 minute.

RATING FOR GAME 1 - 10

Rafael 5- Apart from one good run in the second half,he gave away the ball too often,lacked a proper first touch and has one commentator said he really looks home sick.

Ben ~

A couple of CSKA questions and another...

• What are your thoughts on CSKA's Dani Carvalho (88) & Anton Grigoriev (87) ? Do you think that the respective ratings for each have peaked ? Zico doesn't seem to rate Grigoriev at all right now. What changed between this year and last year, that makes it harder for Dani Carvalho to get his minutes...? Seems like it was only a couple of years ago, where he was being touted as one of the best of the young Brazilian midfielders.
  • Can you compare CSKA's Krasic & Lokomotiv's Bilyaletdinov ? I know they are opposite sides of the field, but is one a bigger talent than the other...?
  • Also I know it's early in the season still, but (other than Schennikov & Makeev) are any players significantly surprising you either to the upside or to the downside ?

Thx.

Just found this thread...good stuff.

I'm getting a few offers for MAMAEV, Pavel at the minute, any real reason why?? Current offer is £10M, i could then buy Glushakov with the money, that worthwhile?? Or just keep Mamaev and buy Glushakov aswell??

As i'm CSKA i like to keep/get the best Russian players i can so i'm reluctant to let Mamaev go if he has potential to be future Russian international.