Official Russian Premier League '09 Thread

BenReado

Re: Official Russian Premier League '09 Thread

Hi' date='

Could anyone tell me a bit more about Viktor Svezhov of Dynamo Moscow who was added to the database today?

Is he supposed to be a top prospect for the future?[/quote']

He made his debut for Dynamo during their 1-0 win against Zenit on the weekend. He played in DM and had a solid game. He didn't do anything hugely special but at the same time didn't make any mistakes. He's part of the Russian Under 18 International team, so when I've seen him play more for them, I'll be able to give a more detailed report.

He made his debut for Dynamo during their 1-0 win against Zenit on the weekend. He played in DM and had a solid game. He didn't do anything hugely special but at the same time didn't make any mistakes. He's part of the Russian Under 18 International team' date=' so when I've seen him play [b']poor[/b] for them, I'll be able to give a more detailed report.

So do you not rate him? Do you expect him too play poorly?

So do you not rate him? Do you expect him too play poorly?

That meant to say More :D.

I was in a rush when I wrote that last night, because Britains Got Talent had just started :P. I need to see more of him before I can judge.

This is Russian national team related, but I thought that I'd post here as I'm curious about ratings implications... I hope you guys don't mind...

Hiddink out with the Russian NT line-up for qualifiers.

Goalkeepers: Akinfeev (CSKA), Galubov (Dinamo), Malafeev (Zenit).

Defenders: Aleksei Berezutsky (CSKA), Vasili Berezutsky (CSKA), Ignashevich (CSKA), Zhirkov (CSKA), Kolodin (Dinamo), Yanbaev (Lokomotiv).

Midfielders: Aldonin (CSKA), Mamaev (CSKA), Bystrov (Spartak), Denisov (Zenit), Zyryanov (Zenit), Semshov (Zenit), Semak (Rubin Kazan).

Strikers: Arshavin (Arsenal), Kerzhakov (Dinamo), Pavlyuchenko (Tottenham), Pogrebniak (Zenit)

• Recalls are Kerzhakov and Aldonin
  • First Call-up is Mamaev !
  • No Dzagoev !
  • Out injured are Lokomotive's Sychev, Bilyaletdinov and Torbinsky

Observations:

(1) Will be interesting to see if Hiddink continues to stick Arshavin on the wing as he has recently. Despite the recent wins this past fall and spring using this, Russia was far from clicking on all cylinders in the recent wins. Maybe he changes and puts Arshavin in a bit more of a central roll (e.g. 4-4-1-1?).

(2) Mamaev should see some time on the field, as all the other Midfielders are attacking (other than Aldonin)

Ratings Questions:

(1) Is this enough to keep A.B. from dropping to 89? Is it enough to take his brother V.B. up to 91 ?

(2) What do you think this does for Mamaev's rating ?

(3) Does this cap Dzagoev @ 88 for now ? or is he a certain 89/90 ?

This is Russian national team related' date=' but I thought that I'd post here as I'm curious about ratings implications... I hope you guys don't mind...[b']

Hiddink out with the Russian NT line-up for qualifiers.[/b]

Goalkeepers: Akinfeev (CSKA), Galubov (Dinamo), Malafeev (Zenit).

Defenders: Aleksei Berezutsky (CSKA), Vasili Berezutsky (CSKA), Ignashevich (CSKA), Zhirkov (CSKA), Kolodin (Dinamo), Yanbaev (Lokomotiv).

Midfielders: Aldonin (CSKA), Mamaev (CSKA), Bystrov (Spartak), Denisov (Zenit), Zyryanov (Zenit), Semshov (Zenit), Semak (Rubin Kazan).

Strikers: Arshavin (Arsenal), Kerzhakov (Dinamo), Pavlyuchenko (Tottenham), Pogrebniak (Zenit)

• Recalls are Kerzhakov and Aldonin
  • First Call-up is Mamaev !
  • No Dzagoev !
  • Out injured are Lokomotive's Sychev, Bilyaletdinov and Torbinsky

Observations:

(1) Will be interesting to see if Hiddink continues to stick Arshavin on the wing as he has recently. Despite the recent wins this past fall and spring using this, Russia was far from clicking on all cylinders in the recent wins. Maybe he changes and puts Arshavin in a bit more of a central roll (e.g. 4-4-1-1?).

(2) Mamaev should see some time on the field, as all the other Midfielders are attacking (other than Aldonin)

Ratings Questions:

(1) Is this enough to keep A.B. from dropping to 89? Is it enough to take his brother V.B. up to 91 ?

(2) What do you think this does for Mamaev's rating ?

(3) Does this cap Dzagoev @ 88 for now ? or is he a certain 89/90 ?

The squad doesn't hugely surprise me. It's nice to see Kerzhakov get a deserved place in the team after some great performences, and nice to see my prediction of a call up for Mamaev was correct. Only big surprise for me is to see Anyukov left out of the side. I also think Dmitri Kombarov deserved a place after some amazing performences of late.

To answer the rating questions:

1) Aleksey Berezutski is still likely to drop imo. He's got his call up, but to keep his rating he will have to start for Russia and get more games for CSKA. Although Anyukov not being called up has increased the chances of Aleksey starting there's also Yanbaev who will want to start. Vasili is a solid 90, but for me hasn't yet done enough to get a rise to 91.

2) Mamaev I always had down to go to 88, after some great performences for CSKA. I still think he'll get 88, as a jump to 89 is probably to stee for now.

3) Dzagoev didn't get a call up because he is still recovering from injury and not fully fit. It would have been too much of a risk to him at such a young age. He has instead been given a place in the under 21 team, alongside teammate Schennikov, where it is thought the game will be less physical, and not so much of a risk for Dzagoev. As for his rating, he's borderline 88/89, but I'm now edging towards 88, as Dani's great form may mean he's droped to CSKA's bench for a number of games.

Lokomotiv M

3_1_lokomotiv.gif

Name, age, games (goals, assists), minutes, rating, current rating -> prediction

Ivan PELIZZOLI, 28, 86 -> 82 -> Demoted to B team

Ivan LEVENETS, 29, 0 (0), 0, N/A, 86 -> 84 3rd keeper

Marek CECH, 33, 10 (-11), 900, 5.85, 86 -> 87

Alvim GUILHERME, 23, 82 -> 80 -> Also demoted to reserve team

Artem GOMELKO, 19, 0 (0), 0, N/A, 71 -> 71 -> Second choice keeper

Renat YANBAEV, 25, 10 (0,1), 737, 5.50, 88 -> 88

Oleg KUZMIN, 28, 8 (1,0), 704, 5.69, 87 -> 88

Vinícius FININHO, 25, 2 (0,0), 83, 5.25, 84 -> 84

Ruslan KAMBOLOV, 19, 0 (0,0), 0, N/A, 80 -> 80

Marko BASA, 26, 7 (1,0), 587, 5.57, 89 -> 89

Dantas RODOLFO, 26, 10 (1,2), 782, 5.70, 88 -> 88

Jan DURICA, 27, 8 (0,0), 523, 5.69, 88 -> 88

Dmitri SENNIKOV, 32, 2 (0,0), 180, 5.75, 87 -> 86

Sergei EFIMOV, 21, 85 -> 83 - Transfered to Pausiert

Alan GATAGOV, 18, 1 (0,0), 86, 6.00, 75 -> 75

Diniyar BILYALETDINOV, 24, 6 (0,0), 440, 5.42, 90 -> 89

Razvan COCIS, 26, 4 (0,0), 324, 5.25, 87 -> 87

Igor SMOLNIKOV, 20 -> Loaned to Ural Sverdlovskaya Oblast

Tomislav DUJMOVIC, 27, 7 (2,0), 615, 6.21, 87 -> 88

Fernando CHARLES, 24, 4 (0,0), 354, 5.62, 87 -> 87

Denis GLUSHAKOV, 22, 9 (3,0), 674, 5.94, 85 -> 87

Chaker ZOUAGHI -> Unemployed

Dmitri TORBINSKY, 25, 7 (0,2), 411, 5.83, 89 -> 89

David MUJIRI, 31, 7 (1,1), 231, 5.600, 86 -> 86

Haminu DRAMANI -> Now playing for Kuban

Dmitri SYCHEV, 25, 9 (0,0), 722, 5.28, 89 -> 88

Peter ODEMWINGIE, 27, 9 (2,1), 716, 5.61, 89 -> 89

Draman TRAORE -> Now playing for Kuban

Aleksandr MINCHENKOV, 20, 3 (0,0), 152, 6.00, 75 -> 78

Baye Djiby FALL, 24, 5 (0,0), 165, 6.83, 86 -> 86

Ben Rubin Kazan dont look like One Year wonders' date=' when do they play CSKA? And whats happened to Zenit theyve been on downfall ever since the UEFA cup victory[/quote']

Rubin have started very well once again. Hopefully CSKA won't let them get a big lead at the top like last year, but I have a feeling Rubin might be able to carry on adding the points to the table, and repeat what happened last year. Only difference this time round is they'll have to compete in the CL as well, so it'll be interesting to see how their squad copes. But they're definetely the in form Premier League team. The actually play CSKA on Sunday in the final of the Russian Cup (another potential trophy for them), and the next league meeting against each other is in a couple of months.

Zenit have got the best squad in the Russian League but don't have any team chemistry. They have really missed Arshavin who was never really replaced. They've made signing's who have never really impressed (such as Huszti) and none of their players are playing to their full potentials for the second year running. Maybe it's time for Dick Advocaat to go?

Maybe it's time for Advocaat to go?

Funny you mention that.... I read this the other day :

"Dutch coach D. Advocaat has announced that he will quit Zenit St.Petersburg in December' date=' when his contract expires. He has decided not to renew his contract and is tempted to manage the Belgian national team in 2010."

[/indent']

Hows ansaldi89 doing? Any chance u see maidana88 who i think plays in ukraine. Wil they ratings stay?

Ansaldi will have no problem keeping his rating. He's had a very good season at left back for top of the league Rubin. Although I can't comment on the performences of Maidana he has played most games for Metailst (who currently sit third), and of course been part of the great UEFA cup run. So he should keep his rating.

Ansaldi will have no problem keeping his rating. He's had a very good season at left back for top of the league Rubin. Although I can't comment on the performences of Maidana he has played most games for Metailst (who currently sit third)' date=' and of course been part of the great UEFA cup run. So he should keep his rating.[/quote']

Ok thanks. U say ansaldi playing LB so will he then have a positional change

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Hi Ben.

I inherited a Stirling Albion side which had a lack of money, so I have been selling a few people that are well past their prime to fund the signings of new players who will rise. I came across a youngster called Arsen GOSHOKOV. Seeing as he plays for a Russian side, I thought it would be better to ask you.

Is he worth keeping ?

Thankyou.

Hi Ben.

I inherited a Stirling Albion side which had a lack of money' date=' so I have been selling a few people that are well past their prime to fund the signings of new players who will rise. I came across a youngster called Arsen GOSHOKOV. Seeing as he plays for a Russian side, I thought it would be better to ask you.

Is he worth keeping ?

Thankyou.[/quote']

He has had 2 starts out of 10, and 1 goal, so he will get a small rise for sure.

Hi Ben.

I inherited a Stirling Albion side which had a lack of money' date=' so I have been selling a few people that are well past their prime to fund the signings of new players who will rise. I came across a youngster called Arsen GOSHOKOV. Seeing as he plays for a Russian side, I thought it would be better to ask you.

Is he worth keeping ?

Thankyou.[/quote']

He's a player I don't know a huge amount about, but if he's playing games and scoring the odd goal (which he is) at 17 he must have some talent! I don't watch Nalchik much, but if I do see him play I will post on how well he performed.

Hi BenReado' date=' I have Gorelov of Torpedo Moscow shortlisted, I have heard of him somewhere. He is rated 75, but he is 24. Is he in for a rise, I cannot find any information for him.[/quote']

He's on the books at CSKA Moscow and has been for a long time now. In the 01/02 season he was promoted to the CSKA reserves but failed to hugely impress. Last season he spent on loan at Torpedo in the Russian division 1, where he was a regular in midfield. Sadly this season he's taken another step down and is now playing in the third tier of Russian football for a team called FK Istra where believe it or not he is still strugling to get a huge amount of minutes (only 337 minutes from the first 8 games). I think he's left it too late now to break through at CSKA, so I wouldn't take the risk in buying him.

He's on the books at CSKA Moscow and has been for a long time now. In the 01/02 season he was promoted to the CSKA reserves but failed to hugely impress. Last season he spent on loan at Torpedo in the Russian division 1' date=' where he was a regular in midfield. Sadly this season he's taken another step down and is now playing in the third tier of Russian football for a team called FK Istra where believe it or not he is still strugling to get a huge amount of minutes (only 337 minutes from the first 8 games). I think he's left it too late now to break through at CSKA, so I wouldn't take the risk in buying him.[/quote']

Thanks for that, I will take him off my shortlist. I also have to spread it around. Cheers mate.

Ben,

Would it be a smart move to buy in a more cheaper option in Rafael Corocia (Spartak Moskow) - (Spelling)

Or Blow the cash on the likes of Yaya, Makoun , Gago?

I may not have enough money and may have to settle for a cheaper option (Around 7-8m) And to me he seemed one of the best bets.

Ps:

Dzagoev has been bought so i turned my thoughts to Rafael,

Thanks for the help!

:)

Ben' date='

Would it be a smart move to buy in a more cheaper option in Rafael Corocia (Spartak Moskow) - (Spelling)

Or Blow the cash on the likes of Yaya, Makoun , Gago?

I may not have enough money and may have to settle for a cheaper option (Around 7-8m) And to me he seemed one of the best bets.

Ps:

Dzagoev has been bought so i turned my thoughts to Rafael,

Thanks for the help!

:)[/quote']

If you can, I'd recommend you wait 2 weeks until the Russian changes are over before you sell him. He's a regular for Spartak and will rise, so that will increase his chairmans value, giving you more money to buy the likes of Yaya, Makoun, Gago etc.

If you can' date=' I'd recommend you wait 2 weeks until the Russian changes are over before you sell him. He's a regular for Spartak and will rise, so that will increase his chairmans value, giving you more money to buy the likes of Yaya, Makoun, Gago etc.[/quote']

Welll i was going to buy him mate, not sell, so it looks liike i will try to as soon as i can , Cheers :)

• 2 weeks later...

For now' date=' my tip from Dinamo is a player called Alexander DENISOV (71-rated) who started in the cup yesterday playing the full 90 minutes and did well. He's been on the bench every game this season in the league but yet to appear. I think he'll do a Glushakov and be a late starter, but eventually manage to break into the first team.[/quote']

RE: Alexander DENISOV (71 rated - £10K) @ Dinamo

Ben ~ I was doing some due diligence on the various Eastern European leagues last night checking up on some players and teams. Came across Denisov again. You originally mentioned him back in April. He's started Dinamo's past two matches. Has 5 games total. Not bad at all...;)

RE: Kuban

Also, I noticed that Kuban seemed to have figured out their GK-situation and have settled on Botvinyev. Not sure if you have any insight into what was going on there.

And speaking of Kuban. What a GRRRRRREAT team for sub-80 risers...!

Aside: I continue to think that both the Russian & Ukrainian leagues are going to see some massive rises for lower-rated players. I'd much rather pay for players in these leagues and S.A. than for over-priced ones in England, Scotland, and all of Scandinavia.

Another Aside: You thought that the mark-up on young-talent in England & Scotland was atrocious.... just take a gander at the prices in Scandinavia... Apparently, there is NO recession there...!